Rum Jungle, Northern Territory Superthread - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2008, 08:06 AM   #856
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Fish for the win. They don't bug me by stealing shit or hopping on benches or anything. They just keep on swimming.
I take it they've recovered from their mysterious malaise, then?

Old 08-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #857
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluey View Post
Night All!!

Ax, mind that cheese tonight
Hope your husband snores like a 747! G'night!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #858
Blue Crack Supplier

Seeya Kim!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #859
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Still smarting from that loss to St. Kilda...

so again!
If you beat both Fitzroy and Richmond, I'll make it a point to keep reminding you that you lost to a team whose headquarters are now in Frankston.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #860
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
what was wrong with ya fish ax?

i cant remember what kind you have, were they just cold?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #861
Blue Crack Addict

nite gluey
Old 08-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #862
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Sort of. They're still hiding behind the log a fair bit, but they're swimming around more and are happy to come up to the top.

My mother's wondered if they're just cold. This week has been the coldest week of the year at my place, and perhaps the old dirtier water was warmer than the new water I've put in? But I really don't think so. Last year was even colder inside my place, as for most of winter I had poor insulation due to windows being replaced and not fully finished for ages, and they didn't behave like this.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #863
Blue Crack Addict

if they are goldfish/ cold water fish it is normal for them to retreat to deeper parts of the water for warmth .
Old 08-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #864
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious_jen View Post
i used to have lots of cats as a kid and yes, owned one for 9 years. i fucking hater her, she hated me , but she had a purpose. she survived 4 house moves and caught many mice and birds, and then one day i went to work for the weekend and came home and she wasnt there, i dont know if shewas stolen or went away to die or what

i even felt some guilt.

still hates cats.
Wow, I really can't imagine you owning a cat! But that gives your dislike of them some context ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
i'd say the cat owned jen, making her bitter because she couldn't control it. then the cat realising one day "why am i bothering here?" took off for greener pastures. jen now tells people the cat ran away. really, the cat escaped.
This sounds plausible!

I remember reading an article that tried to scientifically establish that cats aren't actually domesticated per se, but have just taken on domesticated characteristics since it gets them what they want, i.e. food and shelter, and they really own their owners, not the other way around.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 08:15 AM   #865
Blue Crack Addict

my hatred of cats has alot to do with my "whatever the fuck is wrong with me personality disorder " - aka they freak me out now and i have allergies and am phobic of them .

most animal fur gives me asthma and a rash , thus my preference for amphibians, reptiles and fish.

getting some hermit crabs soon !
Old 08-02-2008, 08:15 AM   #866
Vocal parasite

Quote:
what was wrong with ya fish ax?

i cant remember what kind you have, were they just cold?
They're zebrafish. Over the weekend, I changed their water as it was the dirtiest it's ever been (which surprised me, I'd kept it refreshed, but I guess it just built up more than usual somehow). In the couple of days before I changed the water, they'd hid behind their log, but that's their normal behaviour when the water gets too dirty for their liking and is a good indication to me that I need to do a full tank clean. However, after I put in the clean water (I did everything exactly the same as normally), they hid behind their log even more. They were even reluctant to come out for food at the start of the week, and didn't want to know about the top half of the tank. They've been venturing out a bit more now, though, and have been eager to come to the top when I feed them, like normal.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 08:15 AM   #867
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
If you beat both Fitzroy and Richmond, I'll make it a point to keep reminding you that you lost to a team whose headquarters are now in Frankston.
Do your worst...

I saw the Hawks beat Fitzroy at Waverly Park... oh how times have changed!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:17 AM   #868
Vocal parasite

Quote:
my hatred of cats has alot to do with my "whatever the fuck is wrong with me personality disorder " - aka they freak me out now and i have allergies and am phobic of them .

most animal fur gives me asthma and a rash , thus my preference for amphibians, reptiles and fish.

getting some hermit crabs soon !
Oh, I know what you mean about asthma - most breeds of dogs absolutely fuck with me. I was fine with cats as a child, but since I haven't lived around them for a decade, I'm now not sure if I'd be OK. Dogs also cause my sinuses to go absolutely haywire.

Fish and birds, on the other hand, are great. Never owned any amphibians or reptiles, though.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 08:18 AM   #869
Blue Crack Addict

i never do a full tank clean , do a 25% once a week with a gravel vac, much better , and far less of a shock .

what temp do you run their tank at? is all your equipment working? no one has died or become more dominant? breeding pehaps? range of questions to work on .
Old 08-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #870
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Do your worst...

I saw the Hawks beat Fitzroy at Waverly Park... oh how times have changed!
Heh, I only recently discovered that I'm actually within walking distance of Windy Hill and it seems like such a shame that it's not used any more. The whole thing of playing a "home" game at the MCG one week and an "away" game at the MCG the very next week is just a total fucking joke.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread