Rum Jungle, Northern Territory Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I know, I know. It's all a matter of what you're used to

I know I slept in our little uninsulated fairly drafty camp on what was at first, a hot August day and then I fell asleep, woke up and I was curled up in the fetal position shivering like hell. It had to be near zero.. which didn't feel particularly great in the thin clothes I was in. But with my jacket and a sleeping bag, I slept better out there than I would've inside.

And I had visitors too.

Chipmunks, mice, squirrels...

See, it's getting down to about zero at night here, and I've got two blankets and a thick bedspread! Haven't really desired an electric blanket yet, though.

yeah, so I'm a total nerd who can't get enough of that fad movie and I downloaded the trailer for said fad movie to my iPod. And I'm watching it right now. On repeat.

You need to get in on the next fad movie... Watchmen.

Even in the winter I only sleep under one blanket

Two if I've been out shovelling the yard and then it rains on me so when I get in the power is out and I can't take a shower to heat up my body temperature so I bundle myself and have a nice bit of shivery, swearing fun.

They showed an ice cream manufacturer in Nova Scotia. The warehouse they keep at -23C year round.

See, it's getting down to about zero at night here, and I've got two blankets and a thick bedspread! Haven't really desired an electric blanket yet, though.
it's 95 degrees here today and another day of sun and heat stroke.

Even in the winter I only sleep under one blanket

Two if I've been out shovelling the yard and then it rains on me so when I get in the power is out and I can't take a shower to heat up my body temperature so I bundle myself and have a nice bit of shivery, swearing fun.

They showed an ice cream manufacturer in Nova Scotia. The warehouse they keep at -23C year round.

I'm guessing you'd go to this ice cream manufacturing place, hold a barbuece, and remark "wow, nice and pleasant today!"

Guys, I had a weird image in my head the other night

Picture Joshua tree era Bono coming out of the Popmart Lemon dressed in those bubble pants and singing Discotheque

I'm sorry

It really, really, really made me laugh

Picture Joshua tree era Bono coming out of the Popmart Lemon dressed in those bubble pants and singing Discotheque

I'm sorry

I had a similar image in my head this morning, but if I share again, Serena and Axver will kill me with sticks.

I figure they could at least, put some water and freeze it so the workers could play ice hockey during the lunch hour.

I really want to go ice skating right now...

-23C is a great temp, so long as you're prepared for the weather. If you're cold, add on another layer.

It was nice this morning, rainy.. and then it got humid again.

I'm sorry

I do hope he was accompanied by 'Frodam rocking out the bass.

Ooh, something new for me to hate? Wouldn't want to stay as static as U2's setlists. :wink:

(No, seriously, I've no idea what that even is.)

It's a post-modern superhero film based off of the graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. It's as much of a satire of superhero comics as it is on Cold War politics... if you were to ever read a comic book, I'd suggest it be this one.

It won the Hugo Award, is on Time Magazine's 100 Most Influencial Books of the 20th Century, and is regarded as the best graphic novel of all-time.

I greatly enjoyed it, but what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom