Rum Jungle, Northern Territory Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Anna! :wave:

Random: I like the word trysexual... meaning I'll try anything once.

But I just realized it sounds like tricycle.

I'm really tired. I get stupid when I'm tired.

:lol: I'll never hear 'tricycle' the same way again ...

"She's the town trycycle ..."

Oooh, I like MPS. Let's run with that.

So if I change all MOS references to MPS, what do you (or anybody else) suggest for questions re: homosexuality/bisexuality? What you've suggested already, or something else?
I think the few that I suggested already will suffice. Since most of the questions will refer to either straight or gay behaviour, we really only need those few questions to identify that gay behaviour has definitely taken place.

You know, when I type sentences like that, I wonder how funny it would be for anybody that had a keylogger on me. They'd be like "wtf is this girl all about"

hi jen!

hey ax, why dont you just change the MOS part to be a generic thing, so it doesn't matter if you're bi, gay or straight? i don't think being one in particular should necessarily constitute being more morally corrupt as they're just orientations.

I think the few that I suggested already will suffice. Since most of the questions will refer to either straight or gay behaviour, we really only need those few questions to identify that gay behaviour has definitely taken place.

You know, when I type sentences like that, I wonder how funny it would be for anybody that had a keylogger on me. They'd be like "wtf is this girl all about"

Righto, thanks, then I'll work them in. Both tests should be done pretty soon then. :up:

:laugh: Anybody with keylogger on me would probably have turned it off from the volume of utterly useless crap I type ...

i don't think being one in particular should necessarily constitute being more morally corrupt as they're just orientations.
My justification for that is that I do consider myself braver (stronger?) for having accepted myself as bisexual and accepted that it was okay for me to start kissing girls, etc.

Plus, depending on how/where you're raised, there can be a whole slew of moral dilemmas that one goes through, especially when first coming to terms with and experimenting with homosexual feelings/activity.

i don't think being one in particular should necessarily constitute being more morally corrupt as they're just orientations.

I agree, though Chass has a good point about the confidence and bravery element associated with openly identifying and participating as gay/bisexual.

I'm thinking perhaps the questions should ask for participating in sexual acts with members of the non-preferred sex. If you're straight and have engaged in homosexual relations, that definitely justifies a point loss. Though then again, that doesn't cater for those who are bisexual.

Damnit, it's just a simple test; why does it need to be so complex! :lol:

My justification for that is that I do consider myself braver (stronger?) for having accepted myself as bisexual and accepted that it was okay for me to start kissing girls, etc.

Plus, depending on how/where you're raised, there can be a whole slew of moral dilemmas that one goes through, especially when first coming to terms with and experimenting with homosexual feelings/activity.

yeah, true. it doesn't really make any difference, not having a strong opinion either way, for me!

:yes: :yes:

I'm thinking perhaps the questions should ask for participating in sexual acts with members of the non-preferred sex. If you're straight and have engaged in homosexual relations, that definitely justifies a point loss.
Good idea, there should be a question pertaining to that.

Though then again, that doesn't cater for those who are bisexual.
Well we're just greedy bastards that want it all.

Damnit, it's just a simple test; why does it need to be so complex! :lol:
Because humans are complex :shrug:

Okay, you could get rid of my 'ever had feelings for the same sex' question (as that's basically the same as the 'are you gay/bi' question), and replace it with the 'ever had teh gay sex when you're not teh gay' question.

Still a total addition of three questions.

200872717515042929.jpg

COOL!

hi Ali! Things are great, thanks! Yourself?

I'm catching up on the happenings here, ignoring the whine arse baby and experiencing a bad sugar high.
:lol:

:giggle:

I had a massage and some verrrry nice chocolate today... mmm indulgent.

That on top of the CD spree last night = expensive weekend... but I don't do it often.

Because humans are complex :shrug:

Okay, you could get rid of my 'ever had feelings for the same sex' question (as that's basically the same as the 'are you gay/bi' question), and replace it with the 'ever had teh gay sex when you're not teh gay' question.

Still a total addition of three questions.

Damn difficult humans! :rant:

I'm thinking the adjustment to MPS makes the "have you had sexual activity with a member of the same sex?" question irrelevant on top of the "non-preferred sex" question. Though thinking about the non-preferred sex question, I've thought of an adjustment that both covers that content AND accommodates bisexuals. I've added these two questions:

identify as homosexual or bisexual?
had sexual relations with members of both sexes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom