Rum Jungle, Northern Territory Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you paying? :tongue:

You don't love the hair enough to pay? :sad:

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, apparently.

And apparently broomrape is the name of some plant. But still.

Yeah, we've definitely got to go there. If we get to a new thread tonight, I'll try to remember to make it. Or suggest it to others if I'm too drunk.

You don't love the hair enough to pay? :sad:

Yeah, we've definitely got to go there. If we get to a new thread tonight, I'll try to remember to make it. Or suggest it to others if I'm too drunk.
At this rate, we'll finish this one before that.

Wow, I didn't realise the Olympics are less than a week away from starting.

You like watching the Olympics?

Yeah, some of the events are quite enjoyable. I like watching stuff like the pole vault and synchronised diving. And spotting who's used the most steroids in the weightlifting. :lol:

Really?

I thought the big banner on the SMH website was just for show.

Heh. I just haven't been paying that much attention really. I'd noticed Olympic-related ads, but given the way this country promotes the hell out of any sporting event it's in ... well, it could've been a year away and Australia would still be going nuts.

Yeah, New Zealand vs Australia rugby tonight. I usually have some wine and cheese and crackers during the rugby. Bought a bottle of Western Australian cabernet merlot a couple of hours ago.
Sportsmanship: You're doing it wrong.

I don't watch sports, but I don't think fancy wine and cheese really go with rugby. Where's the cheap beer and crisps?

(Yes, I said crisps.)

Sportsmanship: You're doing it wrong.

I don't watch sports, but I don't think fancy wine and cheese really go with rugby. Where's the cheap beer and crisps?

(Yes, I said crisps.)

Hah, it's a traditional thing in my family, on both sides. When I was little, I'd spend every second weekend with my wine snob father, and all winter, he'd get out the wine and snacks during the rugby. Then on the other weekends, Mum and I would often go around to my Nan's and she did exactly the same thing! The only difference was Nan bought cheaper wine than my father and was more happy to let me make a pig of myself with the cheese and crackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom