Rugby World Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2NZ

The Fly
So the countdown to the world cup in Australia!!!
NZRFU was stupid fools not making it happen in New Zealand either. Well I never trusted a man with all the paperwork and a suit :D :D.
I'm gunning for the All Blacks!!!!! then my next pick is Ireland.
Australia and Ireland will go thru into the next round from pool A
England and All Blacks and france will be the other certain teams.

What do the aussies from this forum think???

What's the security been like in OZ...I see they have snippers and footsoldiers etc. everywhere :D

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to it.

Rugby Union is a sport that I've grown to like in the past few months.

I'm personally rooting for Japan, my home country (well for the first two years of my life until I moved to Singapore, at least), but there's no chance in hell we'll do well really, so I'm also rooting for Jonny Wilkinson and the Poms.

well that was a bit of a let down as far as the match was concerned

Argentina were making loads of silly errors and the Wallabies weren't taking advantage

horrible injury to Giffin though, glad to hear he's alright

Oh and security...I have studiously avoided the city lol...Not that that isn't normal anyway.

We have soldiers and snipers everywhere?
Haha I might go stickybeak on the weekend some time.

some performance by the All Blacks

fabulous try by Dougie Howlett at the start of the second half, and that was some otherworldy spin by Rokocoko to set up Carter

you'd think with Umaga off they'd mess up but Nonu was brilliant

it'll be interesting to see the kicking situation between Danny Carter and Carlos Spencer though, and hopefully the injuries to Rokocoko and Umaga aren't too serious

nonetheless, go England. :p

nz will struggle to win it without umaga

wallabies must improve but at least sailor and roff made a good start

england should crack the century v georgia and uruguay

Hmmm ... it's funny, I never much liked Rugby union (being the league girl that I am) but I sat down and read the entire World Cup guide that came with the Courier Mail and found it altogether fascinating.

I'm just a sucker for anything global ... and I especially like seeing the smaller countries (in terms of their sporting ability) compete - Georgia, Japan, Namibia, USA.

So I am trying to keep track of it all ... my four picks for the semis - Australia, NZ, England and France ... although I'd like to see Ireland there, and maybe Fiji or Samoa. Just to make things interesting!

The first Brisbane game was last night, France v. Fiji ... security from what I could gather was pretty basic! I've not seen any bodyguards or anything around the city. But *meh* it's not like I'm really paying attention!

some fab games today

great win for the Aussies

Fabulous try by Konia in the first half for us against France, and Miller was brilliant. not a win, but Fiji and the US should watch their backs.

and exciting game between the Boks and England

Irish team press conference was today, so coach Eddie O'Sullivan, Keith Wood, Brian O'Driscoll, Denis Hickie. Tomorrow its Namibia's turn...hopefully I get to chat to Rudi Van Vuuren, who's played for Namibia at both the cricket and rugby world cups this year. :hyper:

The tri nations and the six nations, samoa and argentina. the first two world cups were 16 teams a tournament which i thought was a good number. didn't make as much money of course so they changed it.

i do feel bad for teams like argentina and italy

they get drawn in with the all blacks and the wallabies with no chance in hell of qualifying

a plate/bowl competition for the 3rd/4th place teams like in the 7s would be great

it's a bit of a waste having namibia, tonga, georgia, japan, and the usa to come and 'put on a good show' but ultimately still suffer an arse kicking

i love the fact that the battle between the top teams in the world have really close finishes

there is absolutely nothing between the top 6 teams in the world

Australia
New Zealand
England
France
South Africa
Ireland

any of these 6 on their day can beat one another, Australia is top because of their incredible ability to come through in a really close game

what the sport does need to do is to address the loose ends ie the lesser teams of the tournament so it doesnt have the feel of a mere extended 6 nations tournament with teams thrown in there for the hell of it!

Back
Top Bottom