RUGBY!!! (union)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luthien Black

The Fly
I'm a huge rugby fan, and supporter of the Wallabies. However, I live in South Australia, so i'm extremely rugby-deprived. Just as none of my friends are into U2, none of my friends are into rugby! *sniff*. So I was wondering if there are any other rugby fans out there that I can have fun rugby discussions with...

been watching the game on/off since the last world cup. nominally i'm a japan fan, but apart from that i guess i like england, new zealand, south africa, australia, argentina, italy, france, scotland, wales and ireland.

hmm.

Well, at least you've usually got someone to back in most major matches! Although I question your support of South Africa - they need to drop their dirty tactics.

My second-fave team is NZ, just because I support Australia doesn't mean I have to hate NZ. Although I was stoked that we beat them on Sat - our Tri-Nations hopes are still alive! And my third-fave team is Namibia - they might suck at rugby, but they still rock. Especially coz they have a player who played in their world cup teams for rugby AND cricket in the same year!! :lol:

So I resurrect threads. But it was only a couple of pages back.

I am a New Zealander, and this means rugby union is bred to the bone. I think the greatest devastation of my life was when I learnt my glasses meant I couldn't play for my school, let alone the All Blacks. Oh well, I make do by supporting them, though we'll kindly forget this year's Tri-Nations. What did Graeme Henry think he was doing? He has the best players in the world, but the flat attack is FALLING FLAT ON ITS FACE.

I'm glad the international rugby's over and I can focus on New Zealand's NPC (National Provincial Competition). Though this weekend's rather stank for one of my two main teams - despite the fact they are coming third, Wellington lost to BAY OF PLENTY, of all teams (my other main team is Horowhenua-Kapiti). And then in the third division, what I consider to be one of the biggest upsets ever, WEST COAST BEAT KING COUNTRY. I grew up knowing King Country as a first division team (I still find it odd to think of them in the third division), and West Coast vye with Buller for the title of "worst team in New Zealand."

Are there even any other Kiwis (or foreign followers of the NPC) who'll even really care about the last paragraph?

I get to see a few highlights from the NPC on World of Rugby, which is a pretty cool show.

I think the last thing I saw was Taranaki (I think) overwhelming some other team 65-0 or something.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I get to see a few highlights from the NPC on World of Rugby, which is a pretty cool show.

I think the last thing I saw was Taranaki (I think) overwhelming some other team 65-0 or something.

What channel is that show on? I'd love to see some NPC. I miss it quite a bit.

Taranaki are doing amazing this year - but I am most impressed, because today, Wellington totally thumped them 73-28. Auckland also did them last week, so maybe their season's falling apart. They're now down to third, and Wellington are first!

Wow, the last two days have been really great. Vertigo, Edge on Interference, a special package arriving in the mail, and now Wellington on top of the first division. Ahh, 'tis beautiful. Oh, and I see Horowhenua-Kapiti won their game very convincingly too. Yep, a spectacular couple of days!

I get it on SuperSports and Star Sports (that's the Murdoch channel). Interesting because it's the exact same show and those two are rivals. It's on Asian cable and is a sort of magazine show which brings rugby from all over the place - Currie Cup, NPC, Super 12, internationals, and special reports from loads of places like Botswana and Andorra where they are trying to develop their rugby programmes.

Anyway I looked at their website and in Australia it's on C7 Sport on Wednesdays at 7:30 pm with a repeat on Friday at 10:00 am.

Luthien Black said:
supporter of the Wallabies.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

THE SPRINGBOKS RULE THIS PLANET! The Wallabies are a bunch of poofters!

*pulls on her rugby jersey and starts singing Shosholoza*

I miss home. :( I miss rugby. I miss going to see the Boks play in Durban. I miss my Natal Sharks. :sad:

yertle-the-turtle said:
Anyway I looked at their website and in Australia it's on C7 Sport on Wednesdays at 7:30 pm with a repeat on Friday at 10:00 am.

Cool, thanks. I don't know if I get that channel, but if I do, I'll make sure I tune in. Sounds like it'd be quite a good show.

Originally posted by GibsonGirl
THE SPRINGBOKS RULE THIS PLANET!

That might be true if the All Blacks didn't exist, but unfortunately for you, NEW ZEALAND OWNS THE HEART AND SOUL OF RUGBY!

*runs around waving a silver fern flag*

Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!

Back
Top Bottom