Rugby Test Matches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Might as well. I have a rudimentary understanding of the rules (I know how points are scored and so on), although I don't get what's a good tackle and what's not, and if you asked me what was a fly-half or a lock I couldn't answer you, and I still don't get scrumming.

Nonetheless, rugby is fairly entertaining, and this weekend I will be in front of my telly watching the test matches. I'll be rooting for Jonny Wilkinson and England as they take on Australia.

rugby was my life for about 3 years. :shifty: i dated 3 rugby guys and were friends with my schools team. :up: learned interesting drinking songs and drinking games because of those silly rugby boys.

zulu warriors. your first tri= strip down naked and run around a block drunk as hell after shooting the boot.

Haha, hopefully tomorrow night the Wallabies will be even more severely humiliated. Go New Zealand, get our Bledisloe Cup back!

And I was very pleased to see NZ defeat South Africa last week and retain the Tri-Nations.

Oh yes, it was a very good match. Doug Howlett played superbly, although I was disappointed to see that the All Blacks didn't get the ball out to Rokocoko. I don't remember seeing Rokocoko with the ball, which is a right shame - that guy doesn't need space, he creates it. (On a side note, this is the first international in which Rokocoko has not scored a try, and currently has 11 from 7 matches)

That match is exactly what I think of when I think of the Bledisloe - a tough, hard fought, tense encounter. I do feel the referee wasn't that good at times - he seems to be biased towards Australia (he was the one that gifted the Bledisloe to Australia a year or two ago when he should've blown full time and given it in NZ) - but, on the whole, it wasn't too bad, most certainly not on the scale of that awful refereeing display by Stuart Dickinson in the NZ vs England match.

Anyhow, well done to the All Blacks, and to the Wallabies for putting up a much better fight than in Sydney, and it's nice to see the Bledisloe Cup is back on the right side of the Tasman (in more ways than one).

Yeah, I support New Zealand ... I'm originally from there. I've been in Australia for about six years, but I still support NZ in the sport.

<sarcasm> Oh yes, it's such a terrible crime to be a Kiwi. When I've told some people, they've been so shocked they've collapsed and gone into comas. It's so very shocking, isn't it? </sarcasm>

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
rugby was my life for about 3 years. :shifty: i dated 3 rugby guys and were friends with my schools team. :up: learned interesting drinking songs and drinking games because of those silly rugby boys.

zulu warriors. your first tri= strip down naked and run around a block drunk as hell after shooting the boot.

I just had the pleasure of dating a rugby guy this past spring, hehe. Shooting the boot...:barf:

Back
Top Bottom