Rufus Wainwright - Want One released today!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I haven't even gotten around to listening to the actual album yet because it's an enhanced cd which has a link to the secret site

a couple nice b-sides, commentaries on the album tracks by rufus himself, and a video section (which has nothing in it yet)

I can't wait to listen to this album. I've read good reviews

it's really good. more like the debut album.

very catchy, theatrical pop songs!

I bought it used yesterday for $8.99 (after listening to a good deal of it in the store), popped it into my car CD-player which broke instantly.

:scream:

So the CD player, along with my CD, are at Ford. Should have it all back by the end of the week and they better not scratch my CD!

this after bragging in the 'taking your cds mobile' thread about how i only put copies of cds in my car cd player

he played Letterman last night

it was actually one of the best performances I've ever seen on that show
he was spot on

wonderful tune

Ok, I got my CD back along with a new cd player (yay for warranties), so I finally got to listen to this last night. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I never really listened to him before, except for the odd song here and there, but bought this based on the reviews and interviews I've read with him (he seems cool) and mainly the fact that it was used for $8. But the music is kinda whacky! Not bad by any means, just different than I expected. I think it's going to grow on me. I like the lushness and I have to like a guy who opens a song with "my phone's on vibrate for you."

I really love his theatrical pop style...it's so stylish and catchy

but I could see it being an aquired taste

his debut is probably the most accessible

Basstrap said:
I really love his theatrical pop style...it's so stylish and catchy

That is a very good description, the words I couldn't find.

I think I can acquire the taste--it just took me by surprise--but I found myself smiling and being amused as I listened.

I picked this up this week, after hearing a couple of tunes on the web site following a recommendation at a springsteen forum. very glad not to be disappointed by the rest of the album and find the style very refreshing after listening to straight acoustic singer/songwriter stuff all year. Good work, fella!

Back
Top Bottom