Royle family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

susanp6

Blue Crack Supplier
Anyone see the hour long special tonight?

It was sooo funny, and so sad too :sad:

Jim, Twiggy&Anthony all dancing to Jungle book :lmao:

Yeah I saw it also. I was a big fan when the original show aired. :up:

I didn't think it was as sharp as it has been in the past actually - I didn't like the scene were Jim was asking Antony for money - I thought Jim was actually really horrible and it wasn't funny at all. I also think they relied heavily on scenes they'd done in the past - like the dancing one and where Cheryl empties nana's urine bag in the sink :yuck: (they did a similar one where Dave had dog muck on his shoe in the original show).

However, there were some great moments - I loved nana's magnifying glass and the scenes with her and Jim. Denise's hair extensions were also very funny. :lol:

I also thought there were some really poignant, well written moments - the scene where Barbara was putting nana's hair in curlers and she started crying was spot on and really powerful. And I so want Twiggy and Cheryl to get together :cute:

Tilli! :ohmy: Haven't spoke to you in ages!!!! :wink:

Been busy?

I agree with you that Jim's shouting at his son was over the top but it was sooooo sad watching nana die with everyone crying around her :sad: :( The Sinead O' Connor song added to the sadness so well!

Im a huge fan of the series, but im afraid I didnt like this last episode at all.

Id prefer it if we'd found out that Nana had died at the start of the episode and then just gone on from there. It just was 'too sad'. Hardly any gags and a lack of Jim in many scenes.

And repeating 'Walk The Line' in the incidental music at the end of every scene just got annoying.

Back
Top Bottom