Royksopp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Excellent music for late nights, I say.

I have 'Eple', 'So Easy' and 'Poor Leno'. Is the album worth buying? I do like what I've heard so far, though. Are there any similar artistes to them?

I :heart: "So Easy", "Poor Leno" and "Remind Me". I'm sure there are a number of other artists similar to them...mostly the Scandinavian ones.

If you're looking for more electronica type of music, try Bill Laswell and Jah Wobble's "Radioaxiom: A Dub Transmission".

I listened to a lot of the songs on this album on a listening display in a cd store(Borders) today. :up: WOWSA, I liked. I may have to end up buying this little rascal of an album.

I know a couple people have bought Melody A.M. recently, so I wanted to bump this thread in case anyone wants to do a little Royksopp appreciating.

My favorite song of theirs right now is A Higher Place.

And yes, it's great music for late nights. And surprisingly, house cleaning.

I just bought this a few days ago, i'd been meaning to buy it for ages now, over a year, I just always forgot to look out for it at any point when I had money - but it popped into my head suddenly for some reason whan I was on ebay last week, and now it should be crawling its way to me in the post.

Anyway...I love this type of music when it is done well, and from what i've heard so far Royksopp are very good. Find some of their songs and you'll be amazed at how many you'll already know from random places...

I just bought this album when I was in Oklahoma, it's definitely awesome :up:

I also really like the bonus disc that has the remixes, they're cool stuff too!!! :up:

Also, if you want to hear someting awesome; look for their remix of 'Clocks' by Coldplay. I think it's called the Royksopp Trembling Hearts remix. :up:

I love these guys! Remind Me is just brilliant, as are many tunes on that album.

Now when the fuck do we get to hear something new from them? AAAAAGH!

As far as similar music look into.. Air, Bent, and Peace Orchestra, as well as the completely fabulous near perfect K&D Sessions by Kruder and Dorfmeister.

Upon listening to Melody AM for the first time in a while, I'm gonna change my similarity recommendations. Bent still definitely stands, but the most similar sort of sound will probably come from Blue States, and perhaps Lemonjelly (not sure if it's one or two words)

Love Poor Leno, and the video not heard the full album but it has had rave reviews so I should check it out...

One group that does have a similar sound is Dirty Vegas, check out a track called Ghosts

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom