Roxy Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like Bowie, any of Roxy's '70s LP's are really worth a listen, plus Ferry's solo material, especially In Your Mind.

Llater material is rather "poppy". 70s stuff is what you want to check out if you want to get into real Roxy Music. My husband (who is a fan) said to start with the 1st album

More than this is Roxy Music?!? I know that song and I like it... :hyper:

I have always been curious about Avalon. The only Roxy Music track I have is Love Is The Drug from Siren.

Man, no matter how many albums I buy, there's so many more left unexplored. :crack:

Avalon or Roxy Music, the debut. The band's creativity takes a slow dive into soupy 80s radio-friendly BS.

I agree with Lila, the real Roxy Music is their first albums. I don't care much for the pop songs. I should start with their first album.

Just been given a copy of Frantic, Ferry's 2002 solo album, WOW! its absolutely fantastic, definetly recommend this, stand out tracks, ALL OF THEM, its that good, I'm really surprised how good it is, as I haven't rated a lot of his stuff since the '70's, but yeah this is a great CD!

Start with the self-titled debut or suffer the consequences. Trust me. I'm thinking only for your pleasure, here...

U2girl said:
Where to start getting to know the legendary Brian Eno band?

I love Avalon, but Brian had long left Roxy Music by that time. I guess look to the earliest stuff if you are interested in Brian..... but check out Avalon anyway cuz it's gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom