Rough and Ready, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Indy 4 is concerned, I don't know about the rest of you, but I really did love it. Spielberg took a moment at the beginning to acknowledge that, yes, Indy/Harrison is older now, but we're not going to let that stop us from having a good time. I dont' think it was a disappointment to discover Shia was Indy's son, since Spielberg said from the beginning when he had hoped Connery was going to come back that the film was going to be three generations of Jones' together. As far as CGI is concerned, i never even noticed it, so either I'm becoming numb to it's somewhat offputting qualities, or, it just wasn't that bothersome to me. It was one of the greatest film experiences of my life, mainly for the same reason I loved the Prequel Star Wars trilogy: I didn't get to experience it the first time around, and for that reason it is special, and no bad review is going to stop me from loving it.

As far as Lance is concerned...there was no way in hell I was seeing Speed Racer, so I'm sorry I can't compare the two for him, but as I understand it, in his point of view, if I loved Indy 4 this much, Speed Racer would've instantly ripped my heart out Indy 2 style

Well played, sir.

vba9342.jpg

My main problem with the reviews is that they suck. I've seen more professionally-written reviews on this forum.

He compared the original Wonka to A Clockwork Orange once. Oh my God.

Here's my rebuttal to the Hulk review. I don't even know where to begin with the Indy one:

It's definitely a good movie. Bana, Connelly, Elliot, and Nolte were all awesome in this, especially Bana. Lee's direction was inventive and entertaining. It's one thing to have a good movie, a good superhero movie, and a good Hulk movie. I think it hits the first two, but not the third. It doesn't attempt to balance Banner's inner struggle with the full-on Hulk-smashing action you expect to see. Plus, the end is some battle with symbolism (he's fighting his father and the unknown, oh noez!). Saying you expect better from people for not using their brain is an obtuse statement. The film's just not a strong representation of its main character, which is what ultimately killed its chance of success. It's a summer action flick that doesn't deliver on the action. I haven't need the new one yet, but would really like to. Hopefully it'll be more balanced with action/character drama than this good, not great, movie.

It's not the model of professionalism either, but he doesn't deserve it anyway.

I always try to be nice to the umps in my softball leagues....this way, when I do complain or point something out, they know damn well it's not whining.

Exactly. You need to prove you're not just complaining. You need to show that your complaint is not something you take lightly.

Someone quoted him in their signature, and it's absolutely spectacular. Dalton needs to see that.

He compared the original Wonka to A Clockwork Orange once. Oh my God.

Here's my rebuttal to the Hulk review. I don't even know where to begin with the Indy one:

It's not the model of professionalism either, but he doesn't deserve it anyway.

Is this by any chance the guy you alluded to earlier to me?

And I enjoy describing the comment as "obtuse." BoMac would be proud.

Last edited:
Someone quoted him in their signature, and it's absolutely spectacular. Dalton needs to see that.

Impy quoted him in his sig. I e-mailed Dalt about it, actually.

Yes, it's the same guy. Fucking kid. He wants to give me a birthday present and I don't know what to do.

Hahahaha...how is that even possible?

I'll be in bold.

The main problem with Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is the fact that the movie doesn't spend enough time in the factory. It's my own personal nit-picking, but everything in the factory is so great I just wish we could have seen more. Whether its the vibrant cinematography, superb acting (by none other than Gene Wilder), or the witty dialog (again mostly by Wilder), Willy Wonka stands as one of the most imaginative and delightful movies of the 70's.
Clockwork is delightful? That's a bit of a stretch. Plus, your point about the director's inability to "capitalize on the rich material" doesn't make any sense. An hour and 40 minutes is a great length for a children's movie, if anything, the pacing drags until the action's in the factory.
Oh well I wasn't necessarily trying to say Clockwork was delightful. And I kind of just meant I wish they had spent more time in the factory, rather than outside of it. It's still great movie, I'm just being nit-picky, I guess.
What does Clockwork have to do with anything then? And what else needed to be seen in the factory? The delay in getting there only added to the mystery of what was inside.

Yeah, you're being extremely nit-picky.
Ah. I'm losing sight of what my original point was. Oh well. I guess Clockwork does have not anything to do with it. I love the movie, which is probably why I just wanted to see more in it, which could be said about anything anybody really likes. The first thing I thought of though after watching the movie again though, was that I wish it wouldn't have been such a short trip because it was so amazing. That's basically my point I suppose.
Okay. I thought the length was fine and showed everything that needed to be seen, but that's just me.

Fuck.

Accept while saying, "Thanks ... uh, who are you again?"

I'd tell him to drop it off, but he'd know where I live.
I'd call and tell him, but then he'd have my number.
I'd go to a neutral site, but then he could follow me home.
I'd send The Lady Friend to do it, but that would be awkward.

I'll just tell him that it was a nice gesture, but I can't accept because he makes me uncomfortable.

At what point does he bring up Clockwork, though? I think you missed that part in the quote, 'cause you're the first one to mention it there.

He changed the review since we talked about it then. I wish I was kidding.

I'd tell him to drop it off, but he'd know where I live.
I'd call and tell him, but then he'd have my number.
I'd go to a neutral site, but then he could follow me home.
I'd send The Lady Friend to do it, but that would be awkward.

I'll just tell him that it was a nice gesture, but I can't accept because he makes me uncomfortable.

I was going to say do it in school, but then I remembered you're already out for summer. Fuck you, you little bastard.

I was going to say do it in school, but then I remembered you're already out for summer. Fuck you, you little bastard.

He'll be in my TV Production class next year, maybe he can give it to me then. If the present is a dick in a box, I'll be very upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom