Rough and Ready, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once upon a time a dying alien race sent their last son to the planet earth. He crash landed on a farm where the kindly patrons decided to raise them as their own. Being the avid lovers of film that they were, they moved to California to give their alien baby a chance at fame. It wasn't hard, his striking good looks, and questionable sexuality made him irresistible to the ladies and he made one blockbuster hit after another. It wasn't until years into his stardom that the first signs of disaster struck, when the young lad began to mention his roots. Coincidently they were very similar to an unpopular Earthly "religion" known as Scientology, and the young man began to lose some of his fame. It only became worse as the young man performed a native dance on the couch of a popular daytime talk show host's television show. The people of Earth, not understanding this dance of love, began to shun the man until there was nothing left for him to do but fade into obscurity

And this is the subject of my next holiday play for my school. And kung fu. And a Harrison Ford/Bruce Willis-type action hero forced to save the world and Christmas from Tom Cruise and Baby Suri.

I just remembered something about the Happening

That guy from Ferris Bueller, not Ferris, but his best friend, was in the movie for like two minutes, and that made me sad inside

Thanks! John Travolta and a Short Round-type character are gonna be in it, too.

Hope my teacher's privy to this idea, it was a bit of a chore to convince her of my last idea.

You can't do both. Shamalamadingdong won't let you.

I remember you poisting the first act of it. Did you guys go through with that?

I remember you poisting the first act of it. Did you guys go through with that?

Yeah, I ended up writing the rest of it and it was performed for two nights at school. People seemed to really enjoy it and my teacher wants me to write next year's. It's a no-brained decision for me, but I couldn't find the perfect idea until now.

I'd love to post the full video of it on YouTube, but I've gotta clean up the audio before I do anything with it. I know its stashed on a DV tape somewhere.

What is the big twist in The Happening?

Plants are pissed off and have decided to unleash a toxin to make humans kill themselves in various senseless and retarded ways?

That and Markymark apologizes to a potted plant.

IT SUCKED HARD CORE! I was soooo disappointed with evertyhing. The camera work was shoddy, Mark Wahlberg's acting was pretty Godawful, the plot was pretty lame. It was JUST starting to get slightly interesting :sad:

Pretty much as bad as I was afraid it was going to be

Yeah, I ended up writing the rest of it and it was performed for two nights at school. People seemed to really enjoy it and my teacher wants me to write next year's. It's a no-brained decision for me, but I couldn't find the perfect idea until now.

I'd love to post the full video of it on YouTube, but I've gotta clean up the audio before I do anything with it. I know its stashed on a DV tape somewhere.

I would love to see it. Can't believe that got passed :D

Plants are pissed off and have decided to unleash a toxin to make humans kill themselves in various senseless and retarded ways?

That and Markymark apologizes to a potted plant.

DId you hear this somewhere?

Cause there's this crazy stoner (who LOVES hotdogs. I mean, he seriously is bat shit crazy about hot dogs) who theorizes it's the plants

While on the subject of writing scripts for school, in 8th grade I was going to put together about a 45 minute or so film for the last week of school that was started in about February. Anyway, the parents got pissed off because the script was "offensive" and nothing came of it. Fuck them. :angry:

I would love to see it. Can't believe that got passed :D

Me too! I worked a lot on the first scene and outlining the rest of the story and characters, so writing the rest came pretty fast. Glad I got to work with a good group of friends and actors... well, mostly.

I can't wait to show you guys.

DId you hear this somewhere?

Cause there's this crazy stoner (who LOVES hotdogs. I mean, he seriously is bat shit crazy about hot dogs) who theorizes it's the plants

Yeah, I've heard this from a bunch of places.

The original title of the script was "The Green Effect," too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom