Rough and Ready, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao:

My sister just sent this to me......

colour.jpg

I sooooooooo get that! :yes:

:lol: Bahahaha...I like that he's using a pencil to "color". :wink:

Signs up until you see the alien is his best work in my opinion.

That's cool.

To me, Sixth Sense is his only true masterpiece. Part of that's his skill as a filmmaker and success with that story, but also the time and place. Like I said before, I hold Unbreakable in almost the same esteem, but it can't stand alone as its own movie. Signs, while it has a terrific concept and some memorable scenes (first alien sighting on TV, Mel in the crop circle at night, the basement sequence), its marred by an all-too-convenient screenplay and unbelievable-looking alien. You build the whole movie to that point and it's shit. It's like if the shark in Jaws was motherfucking Flipper. I still like it and would watch it whenever it's on, but it's a step down from the previous two, I think.

Sorry if this is spoiling anything for you, Ash.

wait what does FSU stand for?

What I mean is that, some people refer to schools as Film Schools, like USC has a film school, and other colleges that I cna't htink of the name of right now have film schools, but at TCU I go to the School of communications, and in there is the film/tv/radio major. SO I guess there's not that much of a difference. :hmm:

Florida State University. Go Seminoles!

K, I've avoided signs spoilers for six years, I think I better watch it now befoer it's too late

Great movie. Didn't find it scary, but everything other than the cheap CGI alien is great. It's a very dry, slow film, but humorous and a bit intense when necessary.

back in the day, i wanted to go to fsu :drool:

Most of my friends will probably go to the University of Florida. That's cool, it's got great programs for math, science, and computer majors and most of them are into that sort of thing. :up:

It just so happens that FSU's an awesome liberal arts school, I'm familiar with the campus/area, my pop went there, a huge scholarship (Bright Futures program ftw) and I just love the atmosphere. I don't want to pigeonhole myself to one path, but it's the heavy favorite right now.

And yes Screws, I hope they demolish that fucking thing. Buster Posey's a beast.

Florida State University. Go Seminoles!

ok, that's what I THOUGHT. Never mind then about what I was saying about film schools vs. Film majors. it's pretty much all the same.

And don't worry about spoilers, I'm avoiding all posts with the word Signs in it :lol:

Win some bets from the Celtics game, Phanan? Or is this the usual money from turning tricks out on the street? If so, please don't give Khan the herpes.

It all started when Xenu landed over 6000 years ago...

Once upon a time a dying alien race sent their last son to the planet earth. He crash landed on a farm where the kindly patrons decided to raise them as their own. Being the avid lovers of film that they were, they moved to California to give their alien baby a chance at fame. It wasn't hard, his striking good looks, and questionable sexuality made him irresistible to the ladies and he made one blockbuster hit after another. It wasn't until years into his stardom that the first signs of disaster struck, when the young lad began to mention his roots. Coincidently they were very similar to an unpopular Earthly "religion" known as Scientology, and the young man began to lose some of his fame. It only became worse as the young man performed a native dance on the couch of a popular daytime talk show host's television show. The people of Earth, not understanding this dance of love, began to shun the man until there was nothing left for him to do but fade into obscurity

OK, I have 2 hours to kill, am incredibly bored, and my wrist isn't doing me any favors. Who wants to name off a record I can do a running diary for?

OK, I have 2 hours to kill, am incredibly bored, and my wrist isn't doing me any favors. Who wants to name off a record I can do a running diary for?

Speaking of which, I owe you a running diary of your DI V list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom