Rough and Ready, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's fun to drop into casual conversation, especially if it's with a big film-going crowd.

Are you going to film school? If so, prepare yourself for self-conceited pricks who are convinced that all indie films are the greatest things ever created , and if you disagree you aren't worthy to even attend the same history courses as them.

But it's great times :up: :lol:

Sleepaway Camp. IFC is showing grindhouse films this month. I prefered the one I watched yesterday called The Burning. Can't beat a killer who uses garden shears. :wink:

OMG! THAT WAS ALSO IN THE SPOILER MONTAGE IN THAT EPISODE OF ROBOT CHICKEN!

The joke was that anyone would even REMEMBER Sleepaway Camp

Are you going to film school? If so, prepare yourself for self-conceited pricks who are convinced that all indie films are the greatest things ever created , and if you disagree you aren't worthy to even attend the same history courses as them.

But it's great times :up: :lol:

I hope I get to go to film school, most likely FSU's. Convenient and it's fairly prestigious.

If they argue that Noah Baumbach's some type of genius, I'm going to have a shit-ton of fun. I'm considered the "indie snob" with my buddies and my tastes are pretty mainstream (Spielberg, Scorsese, Allen, both Andersons, Kubrick, Coens, Tarantino).

I hope I get to go to film school, most likely FSU's. Convenient and it's fairly prestigious.

If they argue that Noah Baumbach's some type of genius, I'm going to have a shit-ton of fun. I'm considered the "indie snob" with my buddies and my tastes are pretty mainstream (Spielberg, Scorsese, Allen, both Andersons, Kubrick, Coens, Tarantino).

I don't go to a "Film School" I'm a film major at TCU, but it's the same everywhere I think. IF you are a film major, there's going to be that knot of people that think they know all there is to know about film

Spielberg is my hero. No joke, I seriously mean that. I really wish I could've gone to USC :(

I liked Signs and The Sixth Sense. Unbreakable was an okay movie. The others were average at best.

I'd rank them like this:

Sixth Sense ****1/2
Unbreakable ****
Signs ***1/2
The Village *1/2
Lady in the Water **
The Happening ???

Lady's pretty bad, but it's at least more watchable than The Village.

I'd rank them like this:

Sixth Sense ****1/2
Unbreakable ****
Signs ***1/2
The Village *1/2
Lady in the Water **
The Happening ???

Lady's pretty bad, but it's at least more watchable than The Village.

I'm hoping Paul had a lot to do with that. I have watched him turn from the Chubby guy in the Negotiator to President in an HBO mini-series. I'm so proud :cute:

I don't go to a "Film School" I'm a film major at TCU, but it's the same everywhere I think. IF you are a film major, there's going to be that knot of people that think they know all there is to know about film

Spielberg is my hero. No joke, I seriously mean that. I really wish I could've gone to USC :(

What's the difference between film school and being a film major? Studying film and actually making them?

Spielberg's my hero, too. His films/influence were easily the catalyst to my love of movies. Other directors have expounded upon that, but he'll always be my most important guy.

I'm hoping Paul had a lot to do with that. I have watched him turn from the Chubby guy in the Negotiator to President in an HBO mini-series. I'm so proud :cute:

He did, but anything under 5 stars ain't too great with me. I also really like Bryce Dallas Howard in both of those movies - wish she wasn't in such shit.

Fact: indie film snobs are more insufferable than indie music snobs. Because, let's face it, no one really gives a shit what the chorus is about. The amount of solarization used on frame 281 however...

What's the difference between film school and being a film major? Studying film and actually making them?

Spielberg's my hero, too. His films/influence were easily the catalyst to my love of movies. Other directors have expounded upon that, but he'll always be my most important guy.

wait what does FSU stand for?

What I mean is that, some people refer to schools as Film Schools, like USC has a film school, and other colleges that I cna't htink of the name of right now have film schools, but at TCU I go to the School of communications, and in there is the film/tv/radio major. SO I guess there's not that much of a difference. :hmm:

:lmao:

My sister just sent this to me......

colour.jpg

I sooooooooo get that! :yes:

K, I've avoided signs spoilers for six years, I think I better watch it now befoer it's too late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom