Rough and Ready, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I relaly did have a slightly intrestting idea for a game thread though, but people thought it would be better suited for bang and clatte,r and there was no way in hell I was posting there.

I relaly did have a slightly intrestting idea for a game thread though, but people thought it would be better suited for bang and clatte,r and there was no way in hell I was posting there.

I remember starting a movie quote game in Zoo Station. That kind of stuff is fun because it's a game and method of conversation.

B&C's awesome, for the most part. You should try it.

I started the "let there be typos" thread. :wink:

But it's far from a mindless.. what are you breathing today type game.

"Flashing Lights" is so goddamn catchy.

Kanye's a massive tool, but he makes incredible music.

I remember starting a movie quote game in Zoo Station. That kind of stuff is fun because it's a game and method of conversation.

B&C's awesome, for the most part. You should try it.

Eh in the end it was just a game thread.

It was just something my friends and I do when we're bored, you take a song lyric, and using hte last word, use another lyric from another song continue the line.

EX:
Born down in a dead man's town in this town in this town in this town

Bad example :lol:

Eh in the end it was just a game thread.

It was just something my friends and I do when we're bored, you take a song lyric, and using hte last word, use another lyric from another song continue the line.

EX:
Born down in a dead man's town in this town in this town in this town

Bad example :lol:

That could be pretty comical under the right circumstances. Better hope some funny people contribute though.

Try and watch in high quality:

YouTube - Jake and Nick Go Experimental - Technically speaking, it's probably the best video I've been a part of making, not the funniest though.
YouTube - Montage - Fun to edit
YouTube - Hey Ladies - Incredibly fun to work on, but has some noticeable flaws.
YouTube - The Little Pill - There's a longer version of this somewhere that's a little bit more clear, but I couldn't find it when we needed to turn it in. Fun to do a little Wes Anderson-esque scene though.
YouTube - Invasion of the Shunsukes - A giant inside joke, but with some neat effects.

They go in order of preference.

I'm always afraid about my filmbased future because I havent' done a billion little short vids like this. I mean, I just don't have the equipment, or the interested friend factors to make it happen. But it almost seems like a requirement these days that if you want to be in the film industry you have to have 20,000 videos up on Youtube

(I'm not trying to say anything bad agaisnt you LMP, I hope it didn't come out that way)

Glad you guys enjoy it. :up:

My buddy who brings the wagon is hilarious when he isn't "acting."

The George Michael bit makes a re-appearance in the latest vid, too, albeit in different form. Kind of poking fun at myself and my friend who makes artsy, experimental videos that make no sense whatsoever - the stick idea just came out.

I'm always afraid about my filmbased future because I havent' done a billion little short vids like this. I mean, I just don't have the equipment, or the interested friend factors to make it happen. But it almost seems like a requirement these days that if you want to be in the film industry you have to have 20,000 videos up on Youtube

(I'm not trying to say anything bad agaisnt you LMP, I hope it didn't come out that way)

Oh, not at all. I see exactly what you're saying. I'd love to get into that field and hope I can develop a bit and do something serious before applying to any schools for this.

Oh, not at all. I see exactly what you're saying. I'd love to get into that field and hope I can develop a bit and do something serious before applying to any schools for this.

I'm hoping since editing is my goal, I don't have so much to worry about. :sigh:

I, too, would like to express my fondness for Pimp My Wagon. Funny shit. The best was the liberal bleeping out of words that were never even said in the first place.

I'm hoping since editing is my goal, I don't have so much to worry about. :sigh:

Editing's so much fun. Putting together that montage was a great exercise, trying to get the actions/cuts to match the music. I really want to make some videos this summer and next year that are scripted, well put together, and things you guys would enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom