Rough and Ready, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I want to edit, people keep telling me to buy a mac, but I just can NOT afford one of those bastards. :sigh:

I don't really like the interface of a Mac to be honest. I understand that it's cleaner, I guess I just got so used to Windows I find the adjustment hard.

And yes, Linux geeks suck hard core, but that penguin IS adorable, I'll give them that.

ETA: Edit film I mean
yeah, i hear you. unless you get a mac mini, you're talking (after tax and such) probably close to $2k for a computer. and then final cut is $1300...so yeah.

oh wow, really? i do prefer the interface of mac obviously :lol: it's so much more user-friendly. but windows isn't as bad as some make it out to be. although i've only ever run 3.0, 95, 98, me (god windows me sucked balls), and xp. basically, anything but vista :lol: i've heard terrible things about vista.

and you're right, the penguin is cute :cute: back before i knew what linux was, i wanted to switch just cuz of the logo :lol:

I own Snakes on a Plane, but I still haven't seen it. Now I don't know whether to watch that or Signs.

I love the idea of the completely inhabiting of roles, But I hate it sometimes when they take it too far. Like the one actor, (I don't recall who it was at the moment) who was supposed to play a relly sleezy character, so he decided to just not shower for a few days to get into character. Come on guys, make up can do that job just as well

I'd watch Snakes, to be honest, but that's just me.

I see what you're saying, When that kind of method acting is taken too far, you get something as tragic as Heath Ledger's situation, which, for lack of a better phrase, really sucked camel dick.

Netscape had that little progress bar type thing in the bottom right corner bouncing to the left and right endlessly until the page was fully loaded and I would sit staring at that thing for minutes like this! :crack:

That 386 we had.... oh man, black and white... took forever to boot! We had like 3 games on it. :lmao: *shudder*

OMG that's right!! :lol:

I found an old essay I did back in 92.....Holy shit I forgot how basic computers and printers were then!! And I thought I was so fucking flash typing it all up and having it look so neat....:lmao:

Yeah, I'm trying to go the film route - either editing, directing, or cinematography. Like you said, Macs seem to be the best choice for me right now. I've been clamoring for one since I first started using them at school about 3-4 years ago.

I'm kind of knowledgeable about computers, but have never understood Linux. Thanks for kind of explaining it to me. :lol:
ooh, awesome :up:

lol, no problem. i know there's different versions (i remember one is red hat, i think?) but i don't get its allure. wow it's all customizable and it's free and open-source! big fucking deal. i don't want to tinker with my os. i just want to use it!

which, for lack of a better phrase, really sucked camel dick.

:lol:

I found the whole "muthafucking snakes on this muthafucking plane" hilarious but I still haven't seen the movie. Came close to renting it one time but decided to go for something more intelligent. :lol:

ooh, awesome :up:

lol, no problem. i know there's different versions (i remember one is red hat, i think?) but i don't get its allure. wow it's all customizable and it's free and open-source! big fucking deal. i don't want to tinker with my os. i just want to use it!

Exactly!

I can get Final Cut for about $700 or try and get it from my TV Prod teacher or my dad's friend. Really hoping for options 2 and 3.

OMG that's right!! :lol:

I found an old essay I did back in 92.....Holy shit I forgot how basic computers and printers were then!! And I thought I was so fucking flash typing it all up and having it look so neat....:lmao:
awesome :drool:

you know what bugged me about printers back then? the holes in the paper and the fucking teeth on the printer! ugh, i spent a long time trying to line everything up properly, and then i'd hate when the paper separated, i guess from being pulled in transit or something, and i'd have to do it all over again with the same ream!

I found the whole "muthafucking snakes on this muthafucking plane" hilarious but I still haven't seen the movie. Came close to renting it one time but decided to go for something more intelligent. :lol:

Oh God, that quote really is one of my favorites of all-time. You can apply it to every Sam Jackson movie.

Coach Carter - "I've had it with these muthafucking basketball players in this muthafucking gym!"

The Man - "I've had it with this muthafucking Eugene Levy players in this muthafucking car!"

Pulp Fiction - "I've had it with these muthafucking whats in this muthafucking apartment!"

The list goes on.

Back with...

902.gif

+

dolejuice.jpg

I fucking love my lady friend. Sorry to keep gushing about her all of the time, but goddamn, she's awesome.

And fuck these Carek threads, that's the only thing I call them. No one cares about what you drank this morning or what Interference member's name starts with Y. It's like sticking square pegs in a round hole, posting in those threads make absolutely no fucking sense.

Had to counter my showing of positive emotion with pure hatred.

I fucking love my lady friend. Sorry to keep gushing about her all of the time, but goddamn, she's awesome.

And fuck these Carek threads, that's the only thing I call them. No one cares about what you drank this morning or what Interference member's name starts with Y. It's like sticking square pegs in a round hole, posting in those threads make absolutely no fucking sense.

:cute:

:sigh:

:bow:

I'd like to go in to each and every one of those threads and post "shit thread lock and ban".

But the mods may not approve. :sigh:

what am i doing? posting in this thread, pointlessly upping my postcount!

But you're engaging in some form of conversation. It's not rocket science, but it's social interaction in a tangible form.

Posting the titles of songs in an everlasting chain isn't that. It really isn't anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom