Rough and Ready, California Superthread - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #721
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
His little yelps were priceless.

The montage with the bedroom scenes interweaving with Ben at home is fucking brilliant. The ending's hard to take seriously after seeing Wayne's World 2 though.
I've seen the end before, and it was driving me nuts trying to remember what movie had the same ending.

Dustin Hoffman is amazing, I really love him, and I've only recently begun to see some of his "older" movies (this easily being the oldest). I finally saw Tootsie a few weeks ago. OMG
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #722
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I've seen the end before, and it was driving me nuts trying to remember what movie had the same ending.

Dustin Hoffman is amazing, I really love him, and I've only recently begun to see some of his "older" movies (this easily being the oldest). I finally saw Tootsie a few weeks ago. OMG
You need to see Marathon Man. NSW and I love that one.

I've gotta check out more of his movies, too. He's a great actor when he doesn't ham it up too much.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #723
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 08:55 AM
This is Graduatally insightful:

YouTube - "The Graduate" at 25 - in-depth look at the Movie - pt. 1
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #724
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Yeah, not only is the film humorous but incredibly well-directed. Off the top of my head, the scene where Mrs. Robinson's daughter finds out about the affair is a good example.
I loved that and most of the camera work, too.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:04 AM   #725
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 10:55 AM
Alright fellas, I'm out.

Good night and thanks for the birthday wishes.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #726
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Night, LMP. See if you can get some alone time with the lady friend tomorrow. Never know what could happen. She could try to seduce you.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:07 AM   #727
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Night LMP,

I think I'll watch Marathon Man after Lady In The Water. Its on my list
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:12 AM   #728
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
I loved that and most of the camera work, too.
I'm really liking the camera work. Like in this scene where they utilize focusing on Mrs. Robinson while Benjamin is off-screen trying to have a serious conversation about why he can't ask her daughter out. It's better to see her lack-of-reaction to the thing then cutting back and forth between the two, since we can figure out what Benjamin's character is doing anyways
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:13 AM   #729
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I'm really liking the camera work. Like in this scene where they utilize focusing on Mrs. Robinson while Benjamin is off-screen trying to have a serious conversation about why he can't ask her daughter out. It's better to see her lack-of-reaction to the thing then cutting back and forth between the two, since we can figure out what Benjamin's character is doing anyways
Can't forget that shot of the keys falling into the aquarium. That looks so cool.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:16 AM   #730
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Can't forget that shot of the keys falling into the aquarium. That looks so cool.
There are so many moments that are great like that in this movie already, and I'm only half way in
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:18 AM   #731
Blue Crack Addict
 
DreamOutLoud13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell For Certain, Kentucky
Posts: 15,088
Local Time: 10:55 AM
So. How would this look as my sig:


Got no boundaries, and no limits
If there's excitement, put me in it
If it's against the law, arrest me
If you can handle it, undress me



Not sure about the text (or if it will fit)
__________________
DreamOutLoud13 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:18 AM   #732
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
There are so many moments that are great like that in this movie already, and I'm only half way in
Have you reached the montage after he starts sleeping with Mrs. Robinson? As LMP said earlier, that is really cool.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:20 AM   #733
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
So. How would this look as my sig:


Got no boundaries, and no limits
If there's excitement, put me in it
If it's against the law, arrest me
If you can handle it, undress me



Not sure about the text (or if it will fit)
Yeah, it'll fit, I think.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:21 AM   #734
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Have you reached the montage after he starts sleeping with Mrs. Robinson? As LMP said earlier, that is really cool.
OH yeah that was great. I'm at the part where she tells him he's not good enough to associate with Elaine. But now the video's froze. There's only 3 minutes left in this p art and the video froze
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:21 AM   #735
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
So. How would this look as my sig:


Got no boundaries, and no limits
If there's excitement, put me in it
If it's against the law, arrest me
If you can handle it, undress me



Not sure about the text (or if it will fit)
Is it ok for me to say I like it after waht you earlier insinuated
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com