Rough and Ready, California Superthread - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-15-2008, 01:48 AM   #706
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Perfectly sums up my feelings on it.

The original is my favorite, despite everyone loving Spidey 2.
The original scores points for me because it's a hell of a lot of fun and Willem Dafoe hams it up perfectly, but I think the 2nd one is the best because it puts a serious spin on the story (Peter's struggle with maintaining a personal life and fighting crime, literally and emotionally) and gets better in the action department.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:48 AM   #707
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,807
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I need to figure out what I'm reviewing next. It's got to be an album I'm more critical of than the first two. I'm thinking "The Wall."
Yeah, I encourage that choice. I did an insanely long review of that one on my old account, but it's long gone now.

I'm doing Steely Dan's Pretzel Logic and The Stone Roses' debut next. I just reviewed the new Weezer album the other day.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:48 AM   #708
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 10:59 AM
I'm making money right now.

For posting on Interference and half heartedly writing about a rugby league game.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:48 AM   #709
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I'm recommending Hot Rod to everyone. You may very well find it stupid. I love it, though.
It should be coming in after I return my next movie.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:50 AM   #710
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 01:59 PM
"Do you find me undesirable?"

"Oh no Mrs. Robinson, I think you're the most attractive of all my parents friends."

This movie is fantastic
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:50 AM   #711
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
The original scores points for me because it's a hell of a lot of fun and Willem Dafoe hams it up perfectly, but I think the 2nd one is the best because it puts a serious spin on the story (Peter's struggle with maintaining a personal life and fighting crime, literally and emotionally) and gets better in the action department.
Willem Dafoe sitting up in his apartment bedroom laughing for no reason kills me every time.

I think the second one was a bit dragged out, though I've not seen it in a while and I could very well think differently upon a repeat viewing. I also think they pulled the trigger too early on the "MJ finds out Peter's Spidey" storyline.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:51 AM   #712
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,105
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
I offered you my 'services', didn't I?
shit
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:51 AM   #713
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Yeah, I encourage that choice. I did an insanely long review of that one on my old account, but it's long gone now.

I'm doing Steely Dan's Pretzel Logic and The Stone Roses' debut next. I just reviewed the new Weezer album the other day.
I'm not a big fan of the album, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes over among all the 5-star ratings.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #714
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
It should be coming in after I return my next movie.
It's somewhat quotable, too, which is good.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #715
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,807
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
"Do you find me undesirable?"

"Oh no Mrs. Robinson, I think you're the most attractive of all my parents friends."

This movie is fantastic
Oh man, the "seduction" is about to begin. That always brings the lolz. I love how awkward Hoffman is for the vast majority of the film.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #716
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
If enough people say your reviews are good, you earn some credit towards the online store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Yeah, I make 20 cents a review for more popular albums, plus a $10 Christmas bonus.
damn.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:53 AM   #717
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,807
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I'm not a big fan of the album, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes over among all the 5-star ratings.
Can I expect a 3 star review from you?

It would get 4 stars on the dot from me. Not that great, but very impressive and influential, so it deserves some praise IMO.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:53 AM   #718
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Willem Dafoe sitting up in his apartment bedroom laughing for no reason kills me every time.

I think the second one was a bit dragged out, though I've not seen it in a while and I could very well think differently upon a repeat viewing. I also think they pulled the trigger too early on the "MJ finds out Peter's Spidey" storyline.
Great call on that scene. Dafoe fucking kills me in nearly everything. His role in Speed 2: Cruise Control would only be better if the man himself, David Caruso, did it - that's really saying something.

I disagree with the Peter/MJ thing, it was a great way to end the 2nd Act of the "trilogy" (well, not anymore) and move into the final one. I even liked the direction it took in the 3rd, with the role reversal of their success keeping them apart. That was just derailed by shitty acting and having too many things going on to let it develop fully. Also, Peter unintentionally bitchslaps her after jazzing it up in her nightclub with Gwen Stacy and an eyeful of guyliner - that's where the movie lost me completely.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:55 AM   #719
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Oh man, the "seduction" is about to begin. That always brings the lolz. I love how awkward Hoffman is for the vast majority of the film.
His little yelps were priceless.

The montage with the bedroom scenes interweaving with Ben at home is fucking brilliant. The ending's hard to take seriously after seeing Wayne's World 2 though.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-15-2008, 01:58 AM   #720
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,807
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
His little yelps were priceless.

The montage with the bedroom scenes interweaving with Ben at home is fucking brilliant. The ending's hard to take seriously after seeing Wayne's World 2 though.
Yeah, not only is the film humorous but incredibly well-directed. Off the top of my head, the scene where Mrs. Robinson's daughter finds out about the affair is a good example.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com