Rough and Ready, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get like that whole "I wish there was more" feeling when I think of my favorite movies, Specifically American Beauty, but for him to bring a completely random unrelated movie into the mix to try and explain his reasoning makes absolutely no sense and I call shenanigans.

At least with American Beauty I have the original script to back up my reasoning for a wish for more

I get like that whole "I wish there was more" feeling when I think of my favorite movies, Specifically American Beauty, but for him to bring a completely random unrelated movie into the mix to try and explain his reasoning makes absolutely no sense and I call shenanigans.

At least with American Beauty I have the original script to back up my reasoning for a wish for more

What was his example, Titanic?

Ohhh, never mind. I cannot read.

I get the argument, too, but to apply it to motherfucking Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, come on? What did he want, to see Wonka find out Shia's his son and have a jungle adventure?

I did like Indy IV, too. Good experience both times I saw it, albeit for different reasons each time.

What was his example, Titanic?

Sorry, I need to start quoting more, I have this bad habit of randomly posting and just hoping you know what Im referring to. I meant the boy who compared Wonka and Clockwork Orange, simply because he wished there was more to Wonka?

Sorry, I need to start quoting more, I have this bad habit of randomly posting and just hoping you know what Im referring to. I meant the boy who compared Wonka and Clockwork Orange, simply because he wished there was more to Wonka?

Oh, OK. He was a moron anyway.

I can only cite one movie that I've seen in the past few years where I really was like "that was too fucking short" when it ended, and that was "Good Night and Good Luck". Sure, when you love a film, you want more of it, that's natural...but this film just felt like it ended too abruptly for me.

I watched American Beauty today. My mom is obsessed with that movie.

Wait...

...shit. Ashley... are you my mom? :uhoh:

He brings up comparisons in most of his reviews, which always irks me. I can see comparing a film because of its director, writer, or actor's body of work or similar film, but to bring up something else entirely is ridiculous.

My reviews weren't the best either, so I deleted them and only write ones that are worth showing people.

Ohhh, never mind. I cannot read.

I get the argument, too, but to apply it to motherfucking Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, come on? What did he want, to see Wonka find out Shia's his son and have a jungle adventure?

I did like Indy IV, too. Good experience both times I saw it, albeit for different reasons each time.

Different reasons, eh?

"Breaking Glass" is too short. Warrants mentioning.

I can only cite one movie that I've seen in the past few years where I really was like "that was too fucking short" when it ended, and that was "Good Night and Good Luck". Sure, when you love a film, you want more of it, that's natural...but this film just felt like it ended too abruptly for me.
QFT.

(wow, this is the first time i've used that acronym, i think)

He brings up comparisons in most of his reviews, which always irks me. I can see comparing a film because of its director, writer, or actor's body of work or similar film, but to bring up something else entirely is ridiculous.

My reviews weren't the best either, so I deleted them and only write ones that are worth showing people.

What site are these reviews from again?

The only film I've reviewed recently was Knocked Up; hardly cinematic genius, and not much to it.

Well, any subpar reviewer, in any genre, only frames things in terms of referencing other films, because that's an easy/lazy way out. When you lack the verbal arsenal one needs to convey your thoughts, and/or you are devoid of any real creativity of your own, you need to resort to shortcuts like easy comparisons.

I would have been fine with American Beauty if I hadn't read the original script. Why they decided to leave out the original intro, and clearer signs that Chris Cooper's character was gay, I don't really understand. But still, this is my favorite movie of all time I'm nitpicking, so obviously these things aren't THAT bothersome to me

Well, any subpar reviewer, in any genre, only frames things in terms of referencing other films, because that's an easy/lazy way out. When you lack the verbal arsenal one needs to convey your thoughts, and/or you are devoid of any real creativity of your own, you need to resort to shortcuts like easy comparisons.

That explains this kid to a T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom