Rosie to Announce Today She's Leaving The View?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
That's the buzz/rumor. Can't say I'm surprised, if it's true.

tmz.com April 24th

There is a strong buzz in Hollywood that Rosie O'Donnell will announce Wednesday (April 25) that she is leaving "The View" -- and she'll make the announcement on the show.

If it happens, it's likely Rosie will stick it out through the end of the season.

TMZ has spoken with multiple industry people who say the word is spreading and the info emanated from inside the show itself.

Rosie's rep could not be reached for comment.

Today

"TMZ has now confirmed the buzz that we exclusively reported last night: Rosie O'Donnell will announce on today's show that she is leaving "The View." And TMZ has confirmed that "View" honchos are already searching for her replacement."

Ratings have gone up since she joined the View so I wouldn't be surprised if she was offered her own show.

I never get to watch that show but have today off and was going to watch it anyway....

I guess the news is out already, she released a statement:

Rosie O'Donnell's to exit The View
Associated Press

April 25, 2007 at 10:44 AM EST

NEW YORK — Rosie O'Donnell's stormy tenure on The View will be a short one. The opinionated host was unable to agree on a contract with ABC, and she'll leave the show in June.

“My needs for the future just didn't dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me,” O'Donnell said in a statement Wednesday.

“This has been an amazing experience,” she said, “and one I wouldn't have traded for the world.”

O'Donnell has helped raise the ratings for the daytime chat show invented by Barbara Walters. But her outspokenness has caused almost constant controversy, including a nasty name-calling feud with Donald Trump that placed Walters squarely in the middle.

“I induced Rosie to come back to television on The View even for just one year,” Walters said. “She has given the program new vigour, new excitement and wonderful hours of television. I can only be grateful to her for this year.”

Walters was frequently left to clean up the damage after O'Donnell. She did it most recently Monday, when O'Donnell was criticized for using bad language and attacking Rupert Murdoch from the dais of the annual New York Women in Communication awards luncheon.

“I would like to point out that Rosie's view is not always mine,” Walters said. “I would like to say for the record that I am very fond of Rupert Murdoch.”

In the Trump imbroglio, O'Donnell was reportedly mad that Walters did not come more swiftly to her defence, while Trump said Walters told him she didn't want O'Donnell on the show — a claim Walters denied.

Statements by public figures are being watched more closely in the post-Don Imus era. The lobbying group Focus on the Family said it was preparing to contact advertisers on The View as part of a campaign against O'Donnell. The group is angry at O'Donnell for comments they feel were insulting to Catholics.

Despite controversy — or maybe because of it — O'Donnell was good business for ABC, owned by the Walt Disney Co. Ratings for The View during February sweeps were up 15 per cent in key women demographics over the same time in 2006

The reign of Rosie on "The View" is over! She announced on today's show that she's leaving in June after she couldn't come to terms with ABC on a new contract.

Confirming the story that TMZ broke exclusively last night, Rosie led the show, saying, "Breaking news! I've decided we couldn't come to terms with my deal, so next year I'm not going to be on 'The View'." Rosie explained that she wanted a one-year deal, while ABC wanted three years. She insisted that she wasn't fired by ABC or Barbara Walters -- "They're not kicking me out!" she said.

She added that she'll be on the show frequently next season as a guest-host after she makes her exit in June, and will participate in special episodes as well.

Meanwhile, Babwa told viewers she was "sad" about Rosie's exit but said that she "knew" Rosie would only stay for a year when she hired her last spring. Babs also said that she and ABC "have not thought about a replacement" but TMZ has learned that the word is already out in Hollywood to find one.

According to Joy, the one person who's really cut up about Ro's departure is Donald Trump, joking, "How is he going to resuscitate 'The Apprentice' now?" Even Rosie's frequent sparring partner Elisabeth Hasselbeck thanked her for "taking the shackles off" the show's debate.

Rosie said that her final decision was made when she took a vote with her kids on what to do. One of the kids, says Ro, didn't understand why everyone came up to her when she was in public and told her, "You got to get rid of that [job]."

Then it was business as usual on "The View," as the ladies went on to bash Bush and talk "Dancing with the Stars."

Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

Then it was business as usual on "The View," as the ladies went on to bash Bush and talk "Dancing with the Stars."
Reason #1 I'm thankful to work for a living and not sit in front of daytime television.

Just hours after ABC announced that Rosie O'Donnell would be leaving The View at the end of this season, her arch nemesis, Donald Trump, shared his thoughts on the matter with PEOPLE.

What do you think about Rosie leaving?
TRUMP: Well, she didn't leave The View, ABC fired her. They couldn't take it anymore. Her ratings, frankly, were good during the month of January when she and I were going at it, but they've been falling very steadily ever since.

[According to CNN.com, ratings for The View during February sweeps were up 15 percent in key female demographics compared to last year. Also, O'Donnell and ABC have both said an inability to agree on a contract is the reason for her departure.]

What do you think led to her departure?
The fact is that the reason she was fired in my opinion, was her comment at the Waldorf-Astoria two days ago. [O'Donnell made off-color remarks about Trump, among others.] I heard that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Do you think this is a good move?
I think it was a good move for ABC. The problem is ... Barbara [Walters] no longer has it, and the show is pretty sad. So they have to bring in somebody very good.

Whom would you put in Rosie's spot?
Probably the only one that could really do it would be me, but I would never do it.

What about Elisabeth Hasselbeck?
I think she's fine. I think she's a very good counterpoint, but Joy Behar is terrible and totally third rate, if that. And they don't have another person, so I don't know what happens with The View. They're going to have to get very lucky and get somebody good.

Do you think Rosie brought anything to the show?
She got the ratings up when she went after me, but they're falling rapidly.

By Roger Friedman, Foxnews.com

We told you on Jan. 10: Rosie O’Donnell would leave “The View.”

Her announcement this morning has nothing to do with contract negotiations breaking down. ABC did not end Rosie’s "View." Rosie ended it.

And don’t believe the spin that ABC was mad at her for comments made at the Matrix luncheon on Monday. Rosie was finished with "The View" over the Christmas holiday when Barbara Walters failed to defend her against Donald Trump.

In fact, it was worse than that: When O’Donnell discovered that Walters had bad-mouthed her to Trump, she decided to leave the show. It was that simple.

ABC, in fact, wanted O’Donnell to stay with the show. They offered her, as she said on the air, a three-year contract. She refused to sign. Rosie said she’d stay for a year, and this is what you don’t know: She wanted $10 million to do so.

ABC did not turn down the money. They turned down the one-year part. They wanted stability. They would have paid her something like $30 million to sign for three years. That’s how much they wanted her. She was the future of "The View."

So that’s it. Rosie said on the air she’d be back to guest host and do specials. Maybe she will. But it’s more likely that based on her enormous success this year with "The View," O’Donnell will venture back into syndication or join another show on another network. Everyone wants her.

The look on Walters’ face this morning said it all. Losing O’Donnell is a blow. Walters is half owner of "The View."

First she lost Meredith Vieira. Now Rosie. She’s left with the dependable Joy Behar and the questionable Elisabeth Hasselbeck. This means a summer of trying to rethink "The View" and find new hosts. If she’s smart, she’ll call Gayle King today. It’s her only choice.

As for Rosie, she can take her time either way. She’s wealthier than Walters by leaps and bounds. She oversees a huge charitable foundation. And she’s got a loving family at home.

She’s had the good sense to get out of what she told friends in January was a snake pit. The Barbara Walters she signed on with and imagined as a mentor turned out to be a shark who is loyal only to herself. Rosie has bigger fish to fry.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That Trump article cracked me up! I'm pretty sure she was fired too (ala Star Jones). She just went too far too many times.

This news doesn't really surprise me at all.

Considering Rosie's leaving in June, which is the exact same time Bob Barker is leaving "The Price Is Right" game show.

There were rumors months ago that Rosie was gonna replace Barker. :ohmy:

I hope that's all is was ... was rumors !! :pray:

That was unreal, talk about letting it all fly. Of course The View didn't relish it or anything, split screen and all.

I can't believe her writer defaced the pictures, that is the caliber of some of the people she associates with.

Originally posted by MsMofoGone

Considering Rosie's leaving in June, which is the exact same time Bob Barker is leaving
"The Price Is Right" game show.

There were rumors months ago that Rosie was gonna replace Barker. :ohmy:

Well, well, well ... what do you know ... the possibility is here !! :hmm:

Barker Says O'Donnell Could Replace Him
By Associated Press
Sat Jun 16, 6:04 AM

LOS ANGELES - Bob Barker endorsed his friend Rosie O'Donnell as a possible successor on "The Price Is Right," although the newly retired host isn't sure CBS wants a woman to take over the game show.

"I believe they're going to have a meeting with Rosie," Barker said backstage Friday night at the Daytime Emmy Awards, where he won his 19th trophy.

"She knows the show," he said. "There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know. I've never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they've only auditioned men."

Barker said his friendship with O'Donnell goes back several years, when she had him as a guest on her old daytime talk show.

"She told me she loved `The Price Is Right' and wanted to host it one day," he recalled.

Among those mentioned as possible replacement hosts have been Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of "Entertainment Tonight," George Hamilton and John O'Hurley.

Barker retired last week at age 83 after 35 years of giving away vacations and cars on the hit CBS game show. But he said he may be back with some specials featuring vintage clips and guests.

"If it works out, I'd like to do that," he said.

32133.jpg

NEW YORK, NY (June 26, 2007) -- Controversial talk show queen Rosie O’Donnell has incurred a strong reaction from her own fans after posting a disturbing photo of her daughter in a bullet sash on her personal website.

Rosie.com showed this photo of her young daughter Vivian. Immediately fans began sending the star their comments, expressing outrage over the picture.

Ro, I agree with u (sic) on mostly everything, but somehow I found the picture of Vivi disturbing. I don’t’ even let my children play with anything similar to that,” wrote Karla.

“What’s with the new pic? It’s rather disturbing,” posted Kitty.

Rather than lead off the written section of her website with her own words or a video blog as is common to the star, O’Donnell, a staunch anti-Iraq war supporter posted such comments front and center. Though there was plenty of shock over Rosie’s move, a number of posters supported posting the image for drawing attention to the war in Iraq.

“My god…. that picture. I can’t stop crying. This war is such bullsh**,” wrote Jessi.

“Oh wow,” began Jessika. “Vivi looks beautiful! The fact that u (sic) let her explore her imagination like that shows what a good mom u.r. (sic). In some countries though, they are training terrorists that young, how sad is that.”

Others however, just remained confused over Rosie’s unexplained message.

“Help me out here . . . why is that child in the header pic (your child I believe) wearing a bullet belt around her? Is there a politic statement ur (sic) trying to make,” Eula Hollon wrote.

Later in the day, Rosie seemed to address the controversy posting a video blog of Vivi set to the tune of Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.” Beginning with the words “last year a princess” a montage showed several shots of the child in party clothes.

Midway through the video, the screen then said “this year a soldier” and showed a series of shots taken from the same session as the one above, showing Vivi in a host of serious poses.

The message concluded with Rosie’s usual sign off: “peace out.”

One thing's for sure-someone needs to shoot up that blog because of all those really bad haikus (or whatever they are) and that text message style of writing crap.

Back
Top Bottom