Rooty Hill Holiday Inn Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wouldn't mind copying it, it would make me a very happy individual indeed. Napster's got it, but only 30 second clips instaed of the full tracks. What am I paying these people for?! (Oh yeah, I forgot to cancel my trial, that's why I'm paying them)

I'll definitely upload it. Once A Storm In Heaven is done for Bonnie and anybody else who wants it, I'll get onto it.

I really like Van Diemens actually :lol:

Tenth is alright, it's not my favorite, but it's much better then Meeting, but I think Axver has his own opinion on Tenth, don't you Ax :wink:

For me, BTR is:

Born To Run
Thunder Road
Shes' The One
Backstreets
JungleLand
Night
Tenth
Meeting

Born to Run
Jungleland
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
Meeting Across the River
Backstreets (after the fortieth fucking repeat of "hiding on the backstreets" I've got the bloody point :mad:]
Thunder Road
Night
She's The One

To the point that half the time I don't even wish you goodbye since I know you'll keep hanging around. :laugh:

This usually only happens when I'm involved in a fast-moving conversation and I keep telling myself I'll leave when I catch up... which I thought I nearly had but there's another bloody page now... :scream:

Born to Run
Jungleland
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
Meeting Across the River
Backstreets (after the fortieth fucking repeat of "hiding on the backstreets" I've got the bloody point :mad:]
Thunder Road
Night
She's The One

Are you like my polar opposite or something? :lmao:

I also listen more to songs from the 80s era at the moment, but sometimes I have these fases (phases? I'm not English, people, help me out here), in which I listen to more recent stuff.

Tenth is alright, it's not my favorite, but it's much better then Meeting, but I think Axver has his own opinion on Tenth, don't you Ax :wink:

God, I hate that song. TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH TENTH.

I also listen more to songs from the 80s era at the moment, but sometimes I have these fases (phases? I'm not English, people, help me out here), in which I listen to more recent stuff.

Phases, but don't worry - most English speakers spell much worse than any of us here!

You're not English, as in English isn't your first language? What is your first, then?

True, I guess taste changes over time, when you get the chance to listen to other stuff as well. When I got the Best of I became a fan as well, and then started to listen to more less well-known songs.

I grew up on U2's music, mainly the eighties hits on the radio. Got seriously into everything 2002-05 and made numerous embarrassingly gushing posts about HTDAAB when it came out - now it's my second or third least favourite album (can't decide if I like it or Achtung less). In about 2005, I realised my music habits were far too limited and branched out a lot, which caused me to re-evaluate a lot of U2's stuff and now I only really care for the eighties material and Passengers.

The Unforgettable Fire remains my favourite album though. Has been for a good few years and I never get tired of it.

Equal with Ian and Danny then. And outdone by your younger sister!

Here's the list as I have it:

Screwtape2: 98%
U2democrat: 95%
major_panic: 94%
unico: 87%
phillyfan26: 84%
bono212, COBL_04, coolian2: 83%
LemonMelon: 82%
jobob: 79%
Alisaura: 77%
LemonMacPhisto: 73%
Axver: 72%
Its Britastic!: 68%
bono_man2002: 62%
DreamOutLoud13: 61%
The Sad Punk: 60%
corianderstem: 56%
blueeyedgirl, TranceEnding: 55%
RavenBlue: 54%
liamcool: 50%
the tourist was 40-50%?
KhanadaRhodes: 41%
cinnaminson: 33% (?)
gluey: 28%
Dalton: 25%
Varitek: 22%
mysterious_jen: 19%

You're easily doing better than a certain Canadian who's been posting in here lately.

I'm not sure if that's really a compliment, i think my cat could be more literate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom