Rooty Hill Holiday Inn Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also should have guessed because of how high he was singing... :wink:

Maybe I did know, but I just forgot cos I don't listen to it... :der:

I actually also like the line, which I'll probably get wrong... "I wasn't jumping, for me it was a fall / It's a long way down to nothing at all"

I agree.

i used to be in the same boat as you, not a big fan, and then one day i was feeling shit and it just clicked with me, and i have loved it ever since. a perfectly crafted pop song.

Which is something else I was talking about on MSN with this interference member. I was saying the new album would be great if there was an Edge track, and an instrumental

And he said just because those things were there wouldn't make it great.

And i was saying, well then, if the album were already good, having the two would make it great.

And then he said he didn't realy like numb

To which I replied, well I'd at least like to hear something like Seconds again.
Not liking Numb... :tsk:
(now let's all watch Axver tell us how crap Numb is... :wink: )

Maybe those two things wouldn't automatically equal greatness... but it would be great if they happened!

And it took me long enough to realise Edge sang the first two verses of Seconds... but at least I figured it out on my own :lol:

:lol: do you mean meeting? im gonna assume youre not talking about born to run.

i love the understated sax in meeting its cool.

shame he cant pronoucne the word "avenooooo"

I'm referring to Meeting yes. I do not like that song, and I think even at the height of my Born to Run worshipping I never cared that much for it.

As Bonnie said, the soundtrack to a shit movie. But Edge's work is gorgeous. Rowena's Theme is one of my very favourite pieces of U2-associated music. The style is very UF-era; it was done between UF and JT.

Oh God. Is there anywhere I can hear it/purchase it!

Don't worry, Ashley, you don't come across like a 15-year old :wink:
Thank God

i wish it was summer. this winter has been the coldest i can remember

WHAT.

It's not even fucking winter. This is getting ridiculous. I'm waiting for it to get cold and it WON'T. It still feels like bloody autumn. May was a colder month; at least the temperature easily got below double figures at night. At the moment, it seems even if it does drop below 10, it struggles to get under 5.

Last winter was definitely colder.

Goddamnit, Melbourne, don't make me move to Hobart to get real weather.

Err no, it's actually summer here :wink: Hehe I guess I was just so curious about what this thread was about, that I actually decided to post ;)

Aww you going to bed? :sad:

Sorry, I actually meant *I* am wishing it was summer here :wink: ... not that I'm wishing winter on you... you just need to be in the right hemisphere. :yes:

I have a long tradition of saying I'll go to bed, and then taking at least an hour to leave... :wink:

Oh God. Is there anywhere I can hear it/purchase it!

Physical copies are hard to get. Mine's a burnt copy. But I could upload it for you if you like.

Oh, by the way, I was compiling a purity scores list earlier and realised I don't have yours, just Brittany's. Care to add it, for the record?

Also, I suppose our newbie should be made aware of our initiation ritual: taking and posting the result of the 100 Point Purity Test

i really struggled last winter... then again we are only just into july

but i am automaitcally going to work with 2 pair of socks, a long sleeve top with a polo over the top and a hoodie then my trench coat on top.

Maybe those two things wouldn't automatically equal greatness... but it would be great if they happened!

And it took me long enough to realise Edge sang the first two verses of Seconds... but at least I figured it out on my own :lol:

i had to be told that... in some ways i still think theyre lying

i like numb though. just not van diemens land.

I'm referring to Meeting yes. I do not like that song, and I think even at the height of my Born to Run worshipping I never cared that much for it.

i dont like the parts where all of a sudden he starts singing really loudly, but the rest is great.

how good is tenth avenue freeze out??

Get wood? To make a fire? :wink:

Sorry, I actually meant *I* am wishing it was summer here :wink: ... not that I'm wishing winter on you... you just need to be in the right hemisphere. :yes:

I have a long tradition of saying I'll go to bed, and then taking at least an hour to leave... :wink:

Oh okay lol :lol: Yeah it's still kind of hard to imagine it's winter over there when it's summer over here :uhoh:

Lol we all know about that tradition, I think, so I'm planning on kidnapping you and keeping you here :evil:

To the point that half the time I don't even wish you goodbye since I know you'll keep hanging around. :laugh:

Physical copies are hard to get. Mine's a burnt copy. But I could upload it for you if you like.

Oh, by the way, I was compiling a purity scores list earlier and realised I don't have yours, just Brittany's. Care to add it, for the record?

Also, I suppose our newbie should be made aware of our initiation ritual: taking and posting the result of the 100 Point Purity Test

I don't remember what it was!

I guess I'll take the quiz again :wink:

If you wouldn't mind copying it, it would make me a very happy individual indeed. Napster's got it, but only 30 second clips instaed of the full tracks. What am I paying these people for?! (Oh yeah, I forgot to cancel my trial, that's why I'm paying them)

ATYCLB is what got me into U2 as well to be quite honest :shrug:

ATYCLB was my first proper U2 album, preceded by the Best Of 1980-1990. But I didn't become a serious fan until I got the Best Of 1990-2000, and ATYCLB is now my least favourite U2 album.

i had to be told that... in some ways i still think theyre lying

i like numb though. just not van diemens land.

I really like Van Diemens actually :lol:

i dont like the parts where all of a sudden he starts singing really loudly, but the rest is great.

how good is tenth avenue freeze out??

Tenth is alright, it's not my favorite, but it's much better then Meeting, but I think Axver has his own opinion on Tenth, don't you Ax :wink:

For me, BTR is:

Born To Run
Thunder Road
Shes' The One
Backstreets
JungleLand
Night
Tenth
Meeting

:lol: No, I think Numb's great. Though my moment of heresy is that I favour the Best Of New Mix to the original.

And I honestly don't know why anybody would favour the original Gone to the New Mix. I know the nineties purists on EYKIW want my head for that, but then, they want my head for not liking Achtung Baby, so what's another sin on top of that?

ATYCLB was my first proper U2 album, preceded by the Best Of 1980-1990. But I didn't become a serious fan until I got the Best Of 1990-2000, and ATYCLB is now my least favourite U2 album.

True, I guess taste changes over time, when you get the chance to listen to other stuff as well. When I got the Best of I became a fan as well, and then started to listen to more less well-known songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom