Rooty Hill Holiday Inn Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh: When did we have the Mellencamp discussion, a couple of days ago? Pretty much straight after you logged off for the night, I got an e-mail from Frontier Touring about him touring here and thought of you. Then I thought "ick, Mellencamp" and deleted it. And THEN I thought "why the fuck do I even get e-mails from Frontier Touring? It's never for anything good."

:lmao:

I think it was the night of tits and trams, if I'm not mistaken

I know that was the night I pretty much challenged everyone to come fight me.

yeah , dont accept drinks from strange girls you meet on the internet danny :evil:

especially when father gets inquisitive on the way home. but i dont mind :D

.... Edge has a verse in Stuck?

:lol:

:censored: the last one

and if the night runs over
and if the day wont last
and if your way should falter
along that stony pass
its just a moment this time will pass

Also, I'm not possitive, but I'm pretty sure those three were the first stadium shows of the tour..

And guess what?

THERE WERE VISUALS THAT WENT ALONG WITH SOME OF THE SONGS!

damnitidamnitdamnitdamnit

I remember when he was touring during the Vertigo Tour, somebody was sharing his sets just out of interest, and Bruce was even DEBUTING SONGS ON TOUR at the VERY LAST SHOW.

When U2 debuted WITS at the fourth last show of Vertigo, that was the closest to the end of a tour that they have ever debuted anything (well, since 1981; there's some confusing stuff in the early days).

I remember when he was touring during the Vertigo Tour, somebody was sharing his sets just out of interest, and Bruce was even DEBUTING SONGS ON TOUR at the VERY LAST SHOW.

When U2 debuted WITS at the fourth last show of Vertigo, that was the closest to the end of a tour that they have ever debuted anything (well, since 1981; there's some confusing stuff in the early days).

That bastard. He's making me hate U2

:grumpy:

Let's find out.

Ali, your thoughts on John Mellencamp:?
I like what I've heard of his songs on radio, from memory, although it's been a long time since I listened to radio stations that play them, and I can't actually remember any of his songs off the top of my head. :reject:

It should be noted, however, that I regularly attribute U2 lyrics to the wrong song... Memory not so good.

:censored: the last one

and if the night runs over
and if the day wont last
and if your way should falter
along that stony pass
its just a moment this time will pass
... I should have guessed, because that's the part of the song I actually like.

Edge makes everything better. :up:

I like what I've heard of his songs on radio, from memory, although it's been a long time since I listened to radio stations that play them, and I can't actually remember any of his songs off the top of my head. :reject:

It should be noted, however, that I regularly attribute U2 lyrics to the wrong song... Memory not so good.

For the time being, consider it safe to go to a bar with me.

Wow it has been a while since I really participated in an active chat thread on here :crack:

We knocked through 1,000 posts in 6 hours 10 minutes yesterday in the Brest Railway Museum thread. I'd be willing to guess that outside of some of the setlist parties, no thread on Interference has ever been finished quicker. It beat our own record by a good couple of hours.

Okay then I'll definitely stay ;)

I'm doing fine, thanks, FINALLY having summer holiday! :hyper: How have you been? :hug:

Wishing it was summer?? :lol:

At least the solstice is over now and the days will start getting longer again :yippie:

Bwahaha, got another vict... er, I mean ... superthreader :D

I might have to go to bed in a minute...

... I should have guessed, because that's the part of the song I actually like.

Edge makes everything better. :up:

Yeah, you get the feeling that if Edge sung the whole song, it might not suck so much.

Goddamnit, I wish he'd do another album. CAPTIVE IS NOT ENOUGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom