Rooty Hill Holiday Inn Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The development of the conversation was pretty weird.

"okay so this lady with dreadlocks gave me a joint"
"oh yuck dreadlocks but at least she gave you a joint"
"then I just started vomiting for ages"
"what the fuck that's pissweak dude"
"it was laced with heroin"
"oh okay" (sips beer)
"yeah and then she raped me"
(spits beer) "wtf"

He didn't seem to mind much, he's been through a lot.

i would think the rape would be the last of his worries :yikes:

I'm having a good old time going through the discography on that U2 site. I'm remembering which singles I own and where/when I bought them *nostalgiatrip*
:cute:

I'm still working my way here, can I go back in time and be reincarnated as Adam Clayton? That man is worth a shitload for not doing a great deal, and HIS purity score must be in the minus!!!!

Oh the humanity!

I know I posted this last night, but for the lulz, I think it deserves a second run ...

422299939_6c43481b21.jpg

The development of the conversation was pretty weird.

"okay so this lady with dreadlocks gave me a joint"
"oh yuck dreadlocks but at least she gave you a joint"
"then I just started vomiting for ages"
"what the fuck that's pissweak dude"
"it was laced with heroin"
"oh okay" (sips beer)
"yeah and then she raped me"
(spits beer) "wtf"

He didn't seem to mind much, he's been through a lot.

Holy fucking shit.

I shouldn't :laugh: but ... holy fucking shit, seriously.

Guys...I'm getting an ad for a website called VampireFreaks.com :yikes:

Yep, I've gotten that a few times. WTF.

I wish the stupid Soulja Boy and Pink ringtone ads would go away. The Pink one is traumatising.

Yep, I've gotten that a few times. WTF.

I wish the stupid Soulja Boy and Pink ringtone ads would go away. The Pink one is traumatising.

What about the ad for the new Pussycat Doll video out in Lemonade Stand :yikes: x 10

Oh, Ashley, I never replied to your post earlier about that U2-selling-music-for-Red thingamajig that's been posted on WTAHNN (also, the thread there is a trainwreck already and vivid proof of why I prefer to talk about this stuff in here with you lot). I'm not sure what to make of it yet. I'd like to know more details and see how it's implemented. But at least it's something new, moving with technology, as I honestly thought they'd stubbornly stick with eighties release ideas. I bet Paul McGuinne$$ opposed this every step of the way.

Oh, Ashley, I never replied to your post earlier about that U2-selling-music-for-Red thingamajig that's been posted on WTAHNN (also, the thread there is a trainwreck already and vivid proof of why I prefer to talk about this stuff in here with you lot). I'm not sure what to make of it yet. I'd like to know more details and see how it's implemented. But at least it's something new, moving with technology, as I honestly thought they'd stubbornly stick with eighties release ideas. I bet Paul McGuinne$$ opposed this every step of the way.

I don't know, I mean, to me it seems like it's going to be just another music site, except this time, you will probably only be able to buy U2, and a select few other artists, and then, there's the added "Hey, while you're here, let me talk to you about AFRICA!"

I care don't get me wrong, I really do. I've got my bracelet, and I've bought a few Edun shirts, I even openly say that I LIKED the One Campaign speech, but....I don't know, I have limits, and I'm getting a bit tired now. U2 might as well release a song called Stop The Poverty on their Album AFRICA! now and get it over with.

I don't know, I mean, to me it seems like it's going to be just another music site, except this time, you will probably only be able to buy U2, and a select few other artists, and then, there's the added "Hey, while you're here, let me talk to you about AFRICA!"

I care don't get me wrong, I really do. I've got my bracelet, and I've bought a few Edun shirts, I even openly say that I LIKED the One Campaign speech, but....I don't know, I have limits, and I'm getting a bit tired now. U2 might as well release a song called Stop The Poverty on their Album AFRICA! now and get it over with.

Oh, I don't give a shit about the Red/One stuff. Never owned a One bracelet and I downright dislike Red. I'm critical of much of this, as I don't think it actually addresses most of the real issues and that Bono is singing from the most convenient and populist get-the-audience-involved textbook he can find rather than the most accurate. That sounds pretty harsh, so I should say I'm glad Bono brings attention to this stuff and part of why I'm a U2 fan is because I like their intelligent political themes.

But what I like here is that at least it's an acknowledgement of the Internet and hopefully a positive sign about the band moving with the times. Though there is that regressive Live Nation deal, so who knows. As I said, I'll reserve a more solid judgement until I see how it's implemented.

Oh, I don't give a shit about the Red/One stuff. Never owned a One bracelet and I downright dislike Red. I'm critical of much of this, as I don't think it actually addresses most of the real issues and that Bono is singing from the most convenient and populist get-the-audience-involved textbook he can find rather than the most accurate. That sounds pretty harsh, so I should say I'm glad Bono brings attention to this stuff and part of why I'm a U2 fan is because I like their intelligent political themes.

But what I like here is that at least it's an acknowledgement of the Internet and hopefully a positive sign about the band moving with the times. Though there is that regressive Live Nation deal, so who knows. As I said, I'll reserve a more solid judgement until I see how it's implemented.

It all just feels so pointless. I mean Bono keeps jetting around doing all this stuff, but I don't really see anything happening, and meanwhile (sorry I'm as heartless as Rob :p ) the music is suffering for it....but in length of time for a release, and lyrically, as this seems to be the only thing on Bono's mind.

How have U2 not embraced the internet before though? They did that giant iTunes release, they jumped on the iPod band wagon, and their website sucks..oh wait.

Anyways, I don't know, I'm still just buying their album on CD anyways, so it really doesn't affect me really at all (Hooray! There's a real inteference post for you ! Complaining about something that you aren't affected by in the slightest!)

Yeah, about 9:30 I think? Maybe 9:25.

Oh, good, then right after GNW rather than during it.

By the way, I'm listening to The Verve's A Storm In Heaven right now, and I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this. It's shoegazy for sure. Often tending to the heavier side of shoegaze that I like too. The Sun, The Sea for instance rocks the fuck out.

Oh, good, then right after GNW rather than during it.

By the way, I'm listening to The Verve's A Storm In Heaven right now, and I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this. It's shoegazy for sure. Often tending to the heavier side of shoegaze that I like too. The Sun, The Sea for instance rocks the fuck out.

Hmm, I have this sort of dislike for the Verve just because they're the Verve - actually, I have a dislike of imagining me listening to the Verve. But then again, I listen to U2 - so sure, send it over!

It all just feels so pointless. I mean Bono keeps jetting around doing all this stuff, but I don't really see anything happening, and meanwhile (sorry I'm as heartless as Rob :p ) the music is suffering for it....but in length of time for a release, and lyrically, as this seems to be the only thing on Bono's mind.

How have U2 not embraced the internet before though? They did that giant iTunes release, they jumped on the iPod band wagon, and their website sucks..oh wait.

Anyways, I don't know, I'm still just buying their album on CD anyways, so it really doesn't affect me really at all (Hooray! There's a real inteference post for you ! Complaining about something that you aren't affected by in the slightest!)

Oh, I don't disagree. I preferred how Bono dealt with this stuff back in the eighties; his demeanour, attitude, and presentation were fantastic, hard-hitting and well-chosen compared to today's rambly, half-focused mess. But I think that's getting away from what's happening here, i.e. that U2 are looking for new, online ways to distribute music. I'm relieved about that. I don't credit the iTunes thing with much. Woopdeedoo, they sold their music on iTunes. Like nobody had done THAT before! And an ad? Wow, innovative. And I'd hardly call a branded iPod revolutionary.

Personally, I'll download the album. We'll see whether or not I'll pay. If there is a sweet deluxe edition like HTDAAB or JT, I'll buy a hard copy of that.

Hmm, I have this sort of dislike for the Verve just because they're the Verve - actually, I have a dislike of imagining me listening to the Verve. But then again, I listen to U2 - so sure, send it over!

:lol: Once you get past the whole hit factor of Bittersweet Symphony, I think Urban Hymns has some awesome material. I mean, I adore Space And Time and The Rolling People. And Nick McCabe is a fucking amazing guitarist; Ashcroft can piss off, though.

But yeah, A Storm In Heaven is quite distinctly different. I'll upload it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom