Room Color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADecentMelody

War Child
I'm looking into painting my bedroom. What's a good modern color? And no, black and red will not cut it for this one. :wink:

100_0335.jpg

:drool: :drool:

start with an accessory. Is there a piece of art or bedspread that will be going in the room.

Take that and go to home depot once you are in the paint section you should be able to pick a color.

It depends on what you have in the room or what you want in the room and the feeling you want to get (elegant, cozy, warm,...). But then again my walls are white cuz I can't decide. I need a decorator, ASAP!!!

I recently painted mine sky blue, it's pretty sweet :drool: MY BLUE ROOM :love:

the modern thing is to do squares of multi-colors right? with white borders seperating the colors

redkat said:
I'm soo coming over there one of these days Lila

white walls :tsk:

:wink:

You can decorate AND recommend blue jeans? :hmm:

And before Xmas, I tried on 2 pairs of Lucky Jeans at Macys. Wasn't impressed (could have been wrong style or size). But I loved a certain Lucky top there, so I bought it, wrapped it, and put it under the tree from Santa :laugh:

I hate white walls. Our house is a mish-mash of stuff. If you drive out here, I'll definitely take you to lunch. We have Wood Ranch (believe they started out here in Moorpark {next city over} before branching out) :up:

Mine is capuccino on the bottom (about 2.5 feet up from the floor), then there is a 1 inch stripe of of ivory and then on top it's a kind of beigy-sandstone all the way up to the ceiling. I like it.

anitram said:
Mine is capuccino on the bottom (about 2.5 feet up from the floor), then there is a 1 inch stripe of of ivory and then on top it's a kind of beigy-sandstone all the way up to the ceiling. I like it.

That sounds very nice :drool:

anitram said:

Sounds very pretty. Too bad T.O. doesn't stand for my city - you could have come over and given me some tips. Although I do watch many a decorating show. I like the one on HGTV - "Get Color". I like the way they present the color wheel and objects of the specific colors and how they pair up, and the feeling each inspires...

redkat said:
Lila I have a quart of just about every color Behr makes :reject:

I could bring them out :hyper:

Why do you have every Behr color? And what colors are your walls?

We did paint Maddy's room last year, a very soft lavendar. And her closet door beads are red/orange. Very groovy
peace2.gif

edited:
You can also go to paint sites, such as Behr or Glidden (whatever) and see sample rooms with sample colors. I believe Glidden has a disc you can buy at Home Depot (etc.) where you can take pictures of your room and then hook it up somehow with the software to see the paint colors. I bought the disc, but never opened it (didn't have a 'D' drive that worked at the time). I also don't know how to hook my camera up to my computer, yet...

Last edited:
my kitchen was once 10 different colors :uhoh:

just while I was deciding at least

my old place had faux finishes

this one does too but it's from the previous owner and too dark IMO
I haven't decided what I want to do with the living room yet

WildHoneyAlways said:
Behr paint is the best. I painted my bedroom Tiffany and Co. blue. :drool:

Your blue/green color is pretty, just not my style... I like more of the sage-y kinda green I think for some room in this house. But I'd like some hardwood floors first :drool:

I have many sage-y samples

every man in my life thought they were different grays :slant:

so I guess it depends a lot on the light in the room.

I love the tiffany color :drool:

I think I made a better choice than I realized. I painted every wall a different color. I guess it doesn't look like a bedroom, more a study maybe, but they all go well together. Fits me, because I guess I like change to an extent. That, and I've had white walls all my young life, so I was tired of them.

Lots of good suggestions here though.

Back
Top Bottom