Rolling stones ticket prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo786

War Child
2 questions...

1) The RS's UK prices are £150 for a platinum ticket - what does this give the viwer? The next price down is £90 - both very expensive - worth it? Their 3rd tier is on par with U2s most expensive... They are gonna make a shitload of money if they sell out Wembley 2 nights with those prices tho... are they on course to beat U2s take for the current tours?

2) are they any good, I know they're old but can they still 'do it'? I dont hold out much hope for Bono at their age given his current voice (also i have never heard RS music so any tips of a good song to check out?

I have seen their stage though and it looks interesting, almost so that I would go JUST to see what happens with the stage!

Also they have a clear way of giving fan club members preference it seems...

Top ticket in the US is $400 but just about any seat is a great seat, they are not selling tickets behind the stage. The show and alternating set lists are fantastic as is the video screen setup. Mick is in great voice and although I’m not really a fan of “Slipping Away” when Keith sang it I almost cried. We had back half floors in Dallas but when they played the B stage we were within 10 feet of the band.

Dallas set list:

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Shattered
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No Not You Again
6. Rain Fall Down
7. Wild Horses
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Night Time Is The Right Time (tribute to Ray Charles)
---Introductions---
10. Slipping Away (Keith) :sad:
11. Infamy (Keith)
(from this point on the show was amazing)
12. Miss You (to B-stage)
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off Of My Cloud
15. Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Brown Sugar
18. Jumping Jack Flash
19. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
20. Satisfaction (encore)

Last edited:
Gen. Chat said:
Dallas set list:

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Shattered
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No Not You Again
6. Rain Fall Down
7. Wild Horses
8. Midnight Rambler
---Introductions---
11. Infamy (Keith)
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off Of My Cloud
17. Brown Sugar
18. Jumping Jack Flash
:drool:

whats a good bootleg (clear sound) from their tour this year? i downlaoded a coupel of different ones and the soudn quality is poor.

They were excellent at all 3 shows I saw this month.

Those prices in the UK are terrible though, compared to the rest of Europe. Also the rest of Europe gets general admission on the floor, unlike the UK.

mo786 said:
2 questions...

1) The RS's UK prices are £150 for a platinum ticket - what does this give the viwer? The next price down is £90 - both very expensive - worth it? Their 3rd tier is on par with U2s most expensive... They are gonna make a shitload of money if they sell out Wembley 2 nights with those prices tho... are they on course to beat U2s take for the current tours?

2) are they any good, I know they're old but can they still 'do it'? I dont hold out much hope for Bono at their age given his current voice (also i have never heard RS music so any tips of a good song to check out?

I have seen their stage though and it looks interesting, almost so that I would go JUST to see what happens with the stage!

Also they have a clear way of giving fan club members preference it seems...

1) U2's average ticket price for the London shows was $125 US dollars. The Stones have four ticket price's for their Wembley Stadium shows which in US dollars are $70, $105, $155, and $260.

So how well the Stones do in terms of GROSS here will depend on the ratio of the higher price tickets to the lower price tickets. If there are an equal number of tickets at each price, then average price of tickets would be $147.50 which is a little over $20 US dollars higher than U2's average.

U2 are on track to have the highest GROSSING tour in the history of the planet by the time the tour ends in April 2006 with a GROSS of $400 million dollars worldwide.

The Stones are scrambling to find a way to top U2 and one way is the massive increase in price of the most expensive tickets. If they can't sellout everywhere or discover they might be coming up short, they can attempt to extend the tour beyond the normal length to insure they are able to get the top GROSS record back from U2.

U2 could easily add dozens more shows in North America and Europe in the summer of 2006 if they wanted to, which would likely prevent the Stones from topping their new record. But it appears the band is content to end the tour in April with the new record and get back in the studio to work on the next album.

Gen. Chat said:
Top ticket in the US is $400 but just about any seat is a great seat, they are not selling tickets behind the stage. The show and alternating set lists are fantastic as is the video screen setup. Mick is in great voice and although I’m not really a fan of “Slipping Away” when Keith sang it I almost cried. We had back half floors in Dallas but when they played the B stage we were within 10 feet of the band.

Dallas set list:

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Shattered
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Oh No Not You Again
6. Rain Fall Down
7. Wild Horses
8. Midnight Rambler
---Introductions---
11. Infamy (Keith)
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off Of My Cloud
17. Brown Sugar
18. Jumping Jack Flash

Too few songs :tsk:

With the depth of the Stones catalogue your going to get a lot of hits and at this point in their career I’m not interested in a lot of b-sides. Other than a slightly cheesy version of “Rain Fall Down” with Mick on guitar it was a great show, only 20 songs but still a 2+ hour set, which included a smokin 10 minute version of "Midnight Rambler". Mick’s voice is outstanding and moves around pretty good considering he’ll turn 63 on this tour and Keith plays great as always but has a bit of a shar-pei look going. It was an excellent production and all in all a good value but having money does count on this tour. Stones have a VIP ticket package; front 1-5 row center seats at $1700 or more per ticket but you have to get at least a pair. Maybe in 20 years I’ll be able to afford a U2 VIP package.

Back
Top Bottom