Rolling Stones / Fenway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Tonite is the opening night of their tour. They're at Fenway Park in Boston. According to the website, here is the setlist so far:

SETLIST:

Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back Of My Hand
Beast Of Burden
She's So Cold
Heartbreaker

22.gif

closest thing to the Stones tongue I could find quickly!

update:

SETLIST:

Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back Of My Hand
Beast Of Burden
She's So Cold
Heartbreaker
Night Time (Ray Charles)

INTROS

The Worst (Keith)
Infamy (Keith)
Miss You

In the middle of the stage there moves a part out to the B-stage!

Oh No Not You Again (B-Stage)

Last edited:
:hyper:

I think we are on the same website :wink:
too bad that webcam doesn't show you anything though!!

the stage is the biggest stage in rock history and supposedly the sides move up and down :ohmy: and the people are sitting in between the levels...

I Can't Get No: While the band played Miss You, the entire center section of the stage projected itself forward about 150 feet -- basically from the warning track to shallow center--driving fans in the outfield into a frenzy. After playing Oh, No, Not You Again, from the new album, the band tore into Satisfaction while fans crowded the mini-stage. Posted 9:45 p.m.

last update I saw:

SETLIST:

Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back Of My Hand
Beast Of Burden
She's So Cold
Heartbreaker
Night Time (Ray Charles)

INTROS

The Worst (Keith)
Infamy (Keith)
Miss You

Satisfaction
Honky Tonk Woman

The B-stage moves back to the main stage

SETLIST:

Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back Of My Hand
Beast Of Burden
She's So Cold
Heartbreaker
Night Time (Ray Charles)

INTROS

The Worst (Keith)
Infamy (Keith)
Miss You

Satisfaction
Honky Tonk Woman

Out Of Control
Sympathy for the Devil
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

Encore

You Can't Always Get What You Want
It's Only Rock-n-Roll

Lila64 said:
SETLIST:

Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back Of My Hand
Beast Of Burden
She's So Cold
Heartbreaker
Night Time (Ray Charles)

INTROS

The Worst (Keith)
Infamy (Keith)
Miss You

Satisfaction
Honky Tonk Woman

Out Of Control
Sympathy for the Devil
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

Encore

You Can't Always Get What You Want
It's Only Rock-n-Roll
I love the set list! Out Of Control, She's So Cold, Shattared and Heartbreaker are back!!! Woohoo!!! :rockon: How can someone complain about that?!?!?! I'm glad they're playing Beast Of Burden, I fucking love that song!!! Can't wait to listen to Rough Justice and all the other new songs live!!!!

I'm sorry if I'm posting this again! But I'm happy The Stones are back!!! :happy:

Sure, nice that they are around, but who can afford to see them? It's a scalpers dream come true, next to the U2 & McCartney tours this year. The Eagles are playing like 10 nights total in S. Calif. I just don't get it... :scratch:

phanan said:

Unfortunately, no. It was all over the local evening news in Boston tonight.

She's alive, but no details on injuries yet.

OMG - I didn't see that 1st page post until you quoted it. That's horrible. I hope everyone is okay :(

found this on a Boston website WHDH (TV news I guess)

"BREAKING NEWS: A lady has fallen 40 feet from scaffolding during the Rolling Stones concert at Fenway Park. She has been transported to the hospital by ambulance."

I couldn't find it anywhere. I didn't want to sign for news services of Boston sites, and that's where I ended up :scratch:

"Many watched horrified as an unidentified 20-year-old Connecticut woman plunged about 35 feet from the right field rafters, breaking both her ankles and a wrist, police said. She was in stable condition last night at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center."

Lila64 said:
Sure, nice that they are around, but who can afford to see them? It's a scalpers dream come true, next to the U2 & McCartney tours this year.
Actually in terms of the secondary markets, the Fenway shows are bombs, largely due to the exorbitant face value of $453 (plus $29.95 Ticketmaster)for field seats and $163(plus $22.40 TM) for a large chunk of the balance of Fenway.
Tickets, especially field seats have been selling well below face value recently on ebay and Craigslist. Report from the streets last night was that the show for scalpers was a big loser, most seats being sold at about half face value.

I've got a crappy pair for MSG. Alas, I'm now stuck w/ an extra, because really, who wants to pay $65+fees for a side to rear view?! Head, meet desk! :crazy:

Anyone in the NYC area want to join me?!?!

Hewson said:
Actually in terms of the secondary markets, the Fenway shows are bombs, largely due to the exorbitant face value of $453 (plus $29.95 Ticketmaster)for field seats and $163(plus $22.40 TM) for a large chunk of the balance of Fenway.
Tickets, especially field seats have been selling well below face value recently on ebay and Craigslist. Report from the streets last night was that the show for scalpers was a big loser, most seats being sold at about half face value.

Maybe the band doing the scalping themselves is the way to stop scalpers. :shrug:

indra said:

Maybe the band doing the scalping themselves is the way to stop scalpers. :shrug:

I don't know if I've ever really bought that line of thinking...though I guess I could see it more for concerts (where people regularly go to brokers to pay an arm and a leg for tix). They do this on Broadway a lot now: Premium seats. They set aside anywhere from 5 rows to upwards of the entire center section of the orchestra and block them off at $250 a pop. While major sellouts like The Producers (when Nathan Lane/Matthew Broderick were there) or Spamalot argue that it's a deterrent from scalping, it really just seems like an excuse to jack up already ridiculously high ticket prices. This is especially annoying for Broadway shows, because any of the unsold Premium Tickets can just be turned around and sold that week at the low, low price of $100, or turned into the TKTS booth for half-off the day of the show. Seems like a win-win situation for them.

No matter how you slice it, $250 for a Broadway show and $450 for a concert is just complete insanity!!

Back
Top Bottom