Rolling Stones / Fenway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I just pulled up a bleeder for the show at Comerica next week. It's $60... Should I? :hmm:

:yes: I would. I have that type of seat too, in the nosebleed but at least it's full view in front of the stage. I'm psyched!

Thanks for posting this!

I would be happy with this setlist!

I get to see them in "sucky seat" in a VERY small stadium (think H.S. football) in Hershey, PA one week after I get to see U2.

mabel said:

I don't know if I've ever really bought that line of thinking...though I guess I could see it more for concerts (where people regularly go to brokers to pay an arm and a leg for tix). They do this on Broadway a lot now: Premium seats. They set aside anywhere from 5 rows to upwards of the entire center section of the orchestra and block them off at $250 a pop. While major sellouts like The Producers (when Nathan Lane/Matthew Broderick were there) or Spamalot argue that it's a deterrent from scalping, it really just seems like an excuse to jack up already ridiculously high ticket prices. This is especially annoying for Broadway shows, because any of the unsold Premium Tickets can just be turned around and sold that week at the low, low price of $100, or turned into the TKTS booth for half-off the day of the show. Seems like a win-win situation for them.

No matter how you slice it, $250 for a Broadway show and $450 for a concert is just complete insanity!!

I agree with you -- no way in hell I would pay that much to see anyone. But so many people get irritated at scalpers I just thought I'd point out that a way to stop scalpers (having extremely high priced tickets to begin with), is no help to the fans at all either. I think each person has to decide how much a concert is worth to them. If you can pay $1000 for a concert ticket and are happy with that, it's fine with me. I'm just not willing to pay that much -- not even close to that much either! :)

I wish I had bought tickets for the Tampa show, but when I checked the only ones left were the $400 ones (it now looks sold out). I like the Stones, I've seen them once before, but over $400!

That being said, reading this thread make me want to go now :reject: :lol:.

Lila, are the Stones people ripping off Axver's idea of setlist parties? :giggle:

I have no idea. I was on the site that someone was posting the stage photos, etc. and I didn't investigate the site that closely. I did see that they were posting the setlist, so while I was working, I posted some updates. No idea if they have a forum and chatrooms and stuff. I think it was stonesnews.com (or something tagged in one of those pics from the original 'what will the stage look like; threads...

I know when the Stones toured last time, the face value for the expensive seats was like $300 or $350. My friend & her husband got their seats comped because she works for a lawfirm, and there's always tix floating around for certain shows depending who you do work for. Anyways, turns out they end up sitting next to some old friends/acquaintences of ours. He took his family of 4. Nice little night out with 4 tix, parking (minimum $20), dinner, souvenirs.... Could have ended up costing about $2K easily, especially if they paid scalpers rates. But my point was, the original couple who went (who go to a LOT of shows) said it was overrated. They were disappointed. And I remember on the pre-sale for this tour. For kicks I tried to see what tickets would come up. Typed in 'best seats' 2 tix. I got the last row of the farthest section away. And I think those were about $100 each. Plus fees. So, needless to say, I ain't going and I AM too proud to beg.

I also heard on the radio today that when the Stones sold "Start me Up' for whatever advertiser used it in their campaign, they were paid $12 million dollars. DAMN!

I can't get no sa-tis-fac-shun! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom