Rolling Stones fans are such wankers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akann

Acrobat
They all despise u2 so much because they know that u2 are a much better band, live and in terms of albums...stupid wankers!!

haha....i love it but you'd be suprised how many U2 fans are rolling stone fans.
Also there's a forum called Just the Bang and the Clatter and posts about other bands go there.

cjboog said:
I am a rolling stones fan, but they don't even come close to U2

I know!! Go to any Rolling Stones forum and all you get is a deep intense hatred towards u2. And now that u2's shows are selling out in minutes, the ill feeling towards u2 is an all time high. I have no problems with the band itself but the fans are another story altogether, much like the Beatles fans actually.

I love The Rolling Stones. U2 is my favorite, but the Stones are among my favorites.

Also...calling Rolling Stones fans "stupid wankers" is rude, and such comments are not welcome at this site.

There's only one wanker here, and I'm afraid it's not a Rolling Stones fan.

yertle-the-turtle said:
This thread is funny.

yeah, that's what i was going to say. :lol:

well, actually, i was going to say something about the vast majority of u2 fans being the ones who are stupid wankers (although since i'm american, i may have chose to call them something else...pathetic dumasses, maybe?), but i figured the mods may not like that. and i'm all about cooperating and making life pleasant for the mods! :wink:

Ha! That's hilarious. U2 is my favorite and the Stones are my 5th(Gn'R, The Cure, David Usher/Moist) favorite. I don't see why Stones fans would hate U2 because of their popularity. It's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. I don't think Stones fans are wankers. They're my Dad's favorite band and like I said they rank in my to five. I don't think we're wankers.

Last edited:
IWasBored said:

yeah, that's what i was going to say. :lol:

well, actually, i was going to say something about the vast majority of u2 fans being the ones who are stupid wankers (although since i'm american, i may have chose to call them something else...pathetic dumasses, maybe?), but i figured the mods may not like that. and i'm all about cooperating and making life pleasant for the mods! :wink:

Is U2 your favorite band?

I don't know Sting2... U2 is my favorite band, but I think most U2 fans are wankers. ;) Take, for example, those who sat down during the filming of the Elevation DVD just because they didn't get their primo spots along the rail in the heart (even though they had been there every other night on the tour).

However, there are some real nice fans too. :yes: And I'm happy the Stones are touring and seem to be doing well. It's nice to have another big touring act so the "industry" doesn't have to rely on U2. That happened in '97, and well, I think expectations were TOO high.

akann said:

I know!! Go to any Rolling Stones forum and all you get is a deep intense hatred towards u2. And now that u2's shows are selling out in minutes, the ill feeling towards u2 is an all time high. I have no problems with the band itself but the fans are another story altogether, much like the Beatles fans actually.

Kinda like the animosity some people on this board have for other bands, eh?

:wink:

Me? A wanker? Pah!! Rolling Stones aren't even on my favourite bands list (but they good). Whereas U2... best fuckin' band EVER!! (here comes the U2 speech...)

Edge... amazin' guitarist and pianist.
Bono; beautiful voice. So emotional and powerful.
Adam. Well, you hardly get any good bassists these days, but he still got it, and forever will.
Larry; need we say anything about him? We all know he's one of the most amazing drummers EVER!

Yeah, so The Stones don't come CLOSE to U2.

Plus, can you drool over any members of the Stones? Pfft! I think not!!

(OK, U2 moment over...)

Every band on earth has some "wanker" fans - even U2. Why should the Stones be any different?

I doubt that the fans you encounter on the message boards are representative of Rolling Stones fans in general. They probably have tons of fans who don't post on message boards.

isn't it that terry lawless guy that plays the keyboards for them?

maybe it should be, 'the edge has an amazin' pianist.'

come on everyone. say it altogether, real fast.

lmjhitman said:
isn't it that terry lawless guy that plays the keyboards for them?

maybe it should be, 'the edge has an amazin' pianist.'

come on everyone. say it altogether, real fast.

Terry Lawless has come onstage on occasions to play Original Of The Species so Edge can play guitar, though Edge was originally playing keyboards on that song, and I think someone said Edge was back on keyboards last night with Bono on guitar. I believe Lawless otherwise does some stuff beneath stage for other songs but Edge usually plays his own keyboards, with New Year's Day being probably the best example.

I think the reason this thread was started was to complain about some Rolling Stones forum fans who were trashing U2 for no (read: jealous) reasons. I don't see anything wrong with calling them wankers. The choice of words was poor, because it sounds like "anyone who likes the Rolling Stones is a wanker", which I'm sure was not the idea.

I know there are some overprotective U2 fans, but I don't see artists being trashed for no reason on this forum (okay, maybe Coldplay, but they deserve it). I guess when your favorite band is 80 years old and is coasting on their 25-40 year old hits, you get a little defensive when a band like U2 is still putting out relevant material. When your favorite band only manages 1 grammy nomination despite being around for so long, it must be annoying when another veteran band gets much more, and in big categories.

The reason you don't see this kind of animosity on U2 boards is because our band is on top, and there's not much jealousy. Even the digs at band like Coldplay are because they are lame imitators, not because they're stealing any thunder.

So take pity on these die hard Stones fans. It's clear envy has got the better of them, and they direct their anger at the artists who are doing what the Stones could only dream of at this point.

Fuck 'em.

Back
Top Bottom