Rolling Stones fans are such wankers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:
I think the reason this thread was started was to complain about some Rolling Stones forum fans who were trashing U2 for no (read: jealous) reasons. I don't see anything wrong with calling them wankers. The choice of words was poor, because it sounds like "anyone who likes the Rolling Stones is a wanker", which I'm sure was not the idea.

I know there are some overprotective U2 fans, but I don't see artists being trashed for no reason on this forum (okay, maybe Coldplay, but they deserve it). I guess when your favorite band is 80 years old and is coasting on their 25-40 year old hits, you get a little defensive when a band like U2 is still putting out relevant material. When your favorite band only manages 1 grammy nomination despite being around for so long, it must be annoying when another veteran band gets much more, and in big categories.

The reason you don't see this kind of animosity on U2 boards is because our band is on top, and there's not much jealousy. Even the digs at band like Coldplay are because they are lame imitators, not because they're stealing any thunder.

So take pity on these die hard Stones fans. It's clear envy has got the better of them, and they direct their anger at the artists who are doing what the Stones could only dream of at this point.

Fuck 'em.

Maybe you aren't looking at the same posts on this forum I am, but there is the same type of animosity for other bands on this board.

akann said:
They all despise u2 so much because they know that u2 are a much better band, live and in terms of albums...stupid wankers!!
What the hell are you talking about? The Stones did it all first, got fried on drugs, recovered, and Keith will outlast the War of the Worlds (and Tim Robbins too).

Just 'cause they play Midnight Rambler without a click track and a synth tambourine....that's no reason to hate em! And they actually jam live. If they faced off against U2 live, Edge would keep playing the rhythm part nervously, waiting for something to happen, Bono would try to strum some chords on his silent guitar in vain, Adam would look at his feet sheepishly, and Larry would try to end the song early ----- meanwhile Keef and Ronnie Wood would play off each other all the way to the moooooooooooooon!

:wink:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Rolling Stones fans are such wankers

^^ Out of curiosity, are you seeing the Stones in Montreal next year, too?

Re: Re: Re: Rolling Stones fans are such wankers

Ennui said:
^^ Out of curiosity, are you seeing the Stones in Montreal next year, too?
I wish....unless CHOM FM graces me with tickets in some sort of call-in contest :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rolling Stones fans are such wankers

Canadiens1160 said:
I wish....unless CHOM FM graces me with tickets in some sort of call-in contest :wink:

Perhaps if you threaten Terry and/or Ted...

lmjhitman said:
isn't it that terry lawless guy that plays the keyboards for them?

maybe it should be, 'the edge has an amazin' pianist.'

come on everyone. say it altogether, real fast.
Terry plays for them live on a few songs but it's The Edge who comes up with the piano stuff on the studio. :nerd:

akkan :up:
that impulsivity of yours is great, what a great outburst!
we need that kind of U2 fans, defending our band from such bastards:bow:

Nube Gris said:
Yeah if both Stones fans and U2 fans have a dedicated group of smacktards bashing each other, they'll cancel each other out right?

I realised I didn't like Radiohead fans on atease because they seemed like wankers.

Then I realised that U2 fans in EYKIW were no better.

Ooh, am I picking a fight here? Come on, come on! :upandatem:

Nube Gris said:

thanks. just doing my part :wink:

Oh thisd is funny. I moderate a few Roy Orbison Yahoo Groups. Some Elvis fan came on and insulted Roy's fans. I chastised the person. Then I come on here and read all this!

Each singer/group has its fans and I don't even think it should be a cometition or comparison. All I know is who my favorites are.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I realised I didn't like Radiohead fans on atease because they seemed like wankers.

Then I realised that U2 fans in EYKIW were no better.

Ooh, am I picking a fight here? Come on, come on! :upandatem:

can't punch you if i agree with you :wink:

there are multiple bands as indra is saying that gets the full wank from the fans on this place. :shrug: you're going to get that anywhere. distillers animosity at a rancid board, uh...can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

biggest bunch of wankers or dumbasses i can think of has to be the vast majority of dropkick murphys fans. the plastic paddys variety. yeah. but what can you do, people suck no matter what bands they like.

IWasBored said:

no. are they supposed to be?

Well, in general one might think that only a die hard fan would take the time to visit a U2 fan website, but I guess thats not the case.

Re: Re: Rolling Stones fans are such wankers

Canadiens1160 said:
What the hell are you talking about? The Stones did it all first, got fried on drugs, recovered, and Keith will outlast the War of the Worlds (and Tim Robbins too).

Just 'cause they play Midnight Rambler without a click track and a synth tambourine....that's no reason to hate em! And they actually jam live. If they faced off against U2 live, Edge would keep playing the rhythm part nervously, waiting for something to happen, Bono would try to strum some chords on his silent guitar in vain, Adam would look at his feet sheepishly, and Larry would try to end the song early ----- meanwhile Keef and Ronnie Wood would play off each other all the way to the moooooooooooooon!

:wink:

In the meantime, I guess you'll continue to visit the fan website of a band you claim does not know how to really play music, and push your post total there past a thousand.:wink:

I never said U2 doesn't know how to play music....but the two band are completely different animals live. U2 runs a very tight ship musically. There's a tour quote I read from the ZooTV days, maybe from Willie, that said anything that seems spontanious is planned out beforehand to look so and if it looks spur of the moment they're doing their job :)

STING2 said:

Well, in general one might think that only a die hard fan would take the time to visit a U2 fan website, but I guess thats not the case.

i said they're not #1, i never said i wasn't a big fan.

STING2 said:

Ummm...there's more to discuss here than U2. Some forums even have nothing to do with U2.

They aren't my favourite band either, though many, many moons ago they were. Call this a nostalgia trip for me if it makes you feel better. :)

indra said:

Ummm...there's more to discuss here than U2. Some forums even have nothing to do with U2.

They aren't my favourite band either, though many, many moons ago they were. Call this a nostalgia trip for me if it makes you feel better. :)

I feel much better now.:wink:

Who's your favorite artist by the way and do they have a series of forums like this website?

don't be so hard on sting, shag. he's a u2 fan! he's clearly too busy reading the u2 forums to know even the most obvious non-u2 music tastes of the posters here.

STING2 said:

I feel much better now.:wink:

Who's your favorite artist by the way and do they have a series of forums like this website?

I thought you would. :)

The Church (as many people who frequent B&C often know since I can manage to find a way to get them into every thread. See? I just did it again. :D I know. I'm hopeless. And sometimes hapless too. And they are playing in an hour or so...maybe even now...and I'm missing it! :grumpy: :madspit:

Yep they do. I'm a mod on one of them (it's mostly to keep me nice though :rolleyes: :mad: ...sometimes it even works :wink: ). I often have this site and a Church site or two open at the same time -- what can I say, I'm a message board junkie. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom