Rolling Stones concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl91289

War Child
OK, so I'm seeing the Rolling Stones tomorrow and was wondering about start times. I see that they have an opener-Metric ( are they any good?) and was wondering if the support act will start at 8 or if the actual Stones will. I'm assuming that Metric will be at 8 with the Rolling Stones sometime later- what time do they actually start the concert. Thanks!

My guess is the Stones will go on at 9 or later. I've only ever heard one Metric song and it wasn't bad. But skipping the opener, having a good dinner and a couple drinks before the show might be the way to go.

did you see u2 on the kings of leon leg of the tour? just think, they'd be hard pressed to be THAT bad.

IWasBored said:
did you see u2 on the kings of leon leg of the tour? just think, they'd be hard pressed to be THAT bad.

huh?

The opener, Metric, wasn't that good. The end of their last song was like 10 minutes of just screeching.

The Stones, although good, are definitely NOT U2. Mick Jagger is uber-energetic but it gets kind of tiring to watch him pace back and forth. It was a great concert, much better than I expected, but the Rolling Stones lack the intensity of U2. Normally the day after a (U2) concert, I'm in a daze and really sad because those fabulous moments are gone and I just keep reliving the whole thing and my favorite moments, like when I thought Bono was looking at me, over and over again. Today, I'm just kinda shell-shcoked and my left ear won't stop ringing. Still, though, the Rolling Stones give a really fun concert.

Kings of Leon rocked.......after seeing them open 4 shows for u2 they convinced me to by their second album and it's a good one

sorry, i posted that at 6:35am. so that's why it may not have made sense.

basically, it was just a crack at the kings of leon, who sucked.

Back
Top Bottom