Rolling Stones Announce 2007 Euro Tour.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/12175800

Stones announce European tour dates

03/22/2007 3:15 PM, AP
Margie Szaroleta

The Rolling Stones will headline Britain's Isle of Wight Festival as part of their 27-date European tour this summer.

The tour will begin June 5 in Werchter, Belgium. It will end Aug. 21 with a show at London's Millennium Dome, re-branded the O2 Arena, it was announced Thursday.

Other stops include Paris; Rome; Budapest, Hungary; St. Petersburg, Russia; Copenhagen, Denmark; Hamburg, Germany; and Dublin, Ireland.

Their performance at the Isle of Wight Festival on June 10 will be the Stones' first British festival appearance in more than 30 years.

They were forced to cancel a string of European dates on last year's "A Bigger Bang" tour. In April, Keith Richards suffered a head injury after he fell out of a tree while vacationing in Fiji. Mick Jagger contracted laryngitis in August.

The Stones had the top-grossing tour of 2006, amassing $138.5 million in gross receipts, according to music trade magazine Pollstar.

___

On the Net:

The Rolling Stones:

http://www.rollingstones.com

Isle of Wight Festival:

http://www.isleofwightfestival.com/

I used to think WOW.... the stones are touring AGAIN?? That was about 10 years ago. Now, I just consider it to be a fact of life. The Rolling Stones will never stop until they drop.

U2Man said:
expensive tickets :drool:

4x what u2 charged :drool:

I don't think so. Consider the following statistics from U2's and the Stones recent tours of Europe:

Rolling Stones: A Bigger Bang Tour Europe 2006

GROSS: $95,797,952
ATTENDANCE: 909,229
AVERAGE GROSS: $5,041,997
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 47,854
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $105.36
SHOWS: 19
SELLOUTS: 1

U2: VERTIGO TOUR EUROPE 2005

GROSS: $155,932,214
ATTENDANCE: 1,982,458
AVERAGE GROSS: $4,872,882
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 61,952
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $78.66
SHOWS: 32
SELLOUTS: 32

Considering that the Stones failed to sellout 18 of their 19 shows in Europe last summer, I don't think they will be charging an average of $315 dollars for their tickets in Europe this summer. Their average ticket price last summer was only 34% higher than U2's average ticket price a year earlier.

The Stones tour this year is focused on cities and venues that were cancelled from last year which includes many Eastern European shows where ticket prices will be lower. Shows in Spain will also bring their average ticket price down. The Stones are only returning to one city and venue that they played last year, Paris at the Stade De France. The Stones were only able to sell about 63,000 of the 80,500 tickets that were put on sale for that show last summer. But with only one arena show in London, perhaps they will be able to attract British fans to Paris to help fill up the stadium.

By the way, The Police just soldout Stade De France, Paris, in 90 minutes at roughly the same ticket price that the Stones charged last year.

STING2 said:

I don't think so. Consider the following statistics from U2's and the Stones recent tours of Europe:

Rolling Stones: A Bigger Bang Tour Europe 2006

GROSS: $95,797,952
ATTENDANCE: 909,229
AVERAGE GROSS: $5,041,997
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 47,854
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $105.36
SHOWS: 19
SELLOUTS: 1

U2: VERTIGO TOUR EUROPE 2005

GROSS: $155,932,214
ATTENDANCE: 1,982,458
AVERAGE GROSS: $4,872,882
AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: 61,952
AVERAGE TICKET PRICE: $78.66
SHOWS: 32
SELLOUTS: 32

Considering that the Stones failed to sellout 18 of their 19 shows in Europe last summer, I don't think they will be charging an average of $315 dollars for their tickets in Europe this summer. Their average ticket price last summer was only 34% higher than U2's average ticket price a year earlier.

The Stones tour this year is focused on cities and venues that were cancelled from last year which includes many Eastern European shows where ticket prices will be lower. Shows in Spain will also bring their average ticket price down. The Stones are only returning to one city and venue that they played last year, Paris at the Stade De France. The Stones were only able to sell about 63,000 of the 80,500 tickets that were put on sale for that show last summer. But with only one arena show in London, perhaps they will be able to attract British fans to Paris to help fill up the stadium.

By the way, The Police just soldout Stade De France, Paris, in 90 minutes at roughly the same ticket price that the Stones charged last year.

but i just checked the ticket price for their concert here in copenhagen. i had to pay 400 dkr for a ga u2 ticket. a rolling stones ga ticket costs 1500 dkr, so its almost 4 times the u2 price. and its the same venue.

but ok, this is a rolling stones stronghold. they played to almost 100.000 people here last summer.

U2Man said:

but i just checked the ticket price for their concert here in copenhagen. i had to pay 400 dkr for a ga u2 ticket. a rolling stones ga ticket costs 1500 dkr, so its almost 4 times the u2 price. and its the same venue.

but ok, this is a rolling stones stronghold. they played to almost 100.000 people here last summer.

Well, the Rolling Stones charged an average of $104.49 for their show at Horsons Denmark last summer which had an attendance of 84,588. They are playing the same stadium that U2 played in 2005 for this year which has a max capacity of 50,000. So the smaller number of tickets has driven the price up.

U2 charged an average of $73.01 for their show at Parken in 2005. While the Stones field tickets are expensive, I'm sure their seated tickets, the majority of tickets, will be much less.

U2 probably charged a lot less than they could have back in 2005 given the show soldout on the first day. The Stones average ticket this year will probably not be more than double of what U2 charged 2 years ago, even with the expensive field tickets.

Whatever they charge, they are not going to gross more at Parken than they did last summer at the big show at Horsens Denmark. To gross what they did last summer at Horsens they would have to charge $170 dollars a ticket on average. I don't think they will and the show would be unlikely to sellout if they did.

They're playin Slane. Should be a great gig. Even though 30,000 of the tickets are gonna be seated! Slane shouldn't be seated. And the fact that Jagger can't sing anymore(imo), makes it less of an incentive to pay that kinda money. Still should be a great gig though. If you're ready to fork out for it!

ye i kno. dunno how they're gonna do it. Maybe along the side. If they put seats at the back, that'd ruin it. Make it feel like a stadium gig. The seated tickets are gonna be about E150/160 as well. Unbelievable price!

:ohmy: that's steep! are you going to try and go?

seats are not for slane. mooching about during the day is one of the things i liked about it.

Lara Mullen said:
:ohmy: that's steep! are you going to try and go?

Dunno. The seated tickets are definitely way too steep. Wouldn't go to Slane to sit down. Not on seats anyway! If you want to sit at Slane, sit on the grass. That's the best way to spend the day imo. Might try to get the standing tickets. They're about E86 i think. I'd say those ones will sell fast though. You going to go?
I was hoping for Pearl Jam this year. Hopefully it'll be REM or U2 next year. If their albums are out in time that is!

REM. :drool: :drool:

We're getting so much talent over here lately. Won't be trying to get ones for this year, I wonder who else will be playing though.

I would have liked Oxygen tickets but they sold out really quickly. Going to Party on the beach with Basement Jaxx in July and I'm chuffed with those tickets. One day festivals. :drool:

They're also releasing another 4 DVD's set in May/June confirmed by Jagger yesterday, the shows from Austin and Copacabana are confirmed.

RVM said:
They're playin Slane. Should be a great gig. Even though 30,000 of the tickets are gonna be seated! Slane shouldn't be seated. And the fact that Jagger can't sing anymore(imo), makes it less of an incentive to pay that kinda money. Still should be a great gig though. If you're ready to fork out for it!

From what I have seen, he is able to sing just fine.

Soldatti said:
They're also releasing another 4 DVD's set in May/June confirmed by Jagger yesterday, the shows from Austin and Copacabana are confirmed.

ha! imagine if u2 were as cool as that?

STING2 said:

From what I have seen, he is able to sing just fine.

Always seems outta breath to me. I'm all about the lead singer moving round the stage but his vocals definitely suffer for it imo. Not the most spritely anymore.

U2FanPeter said:
Sting2, are you gonna count the 2005/2006/2007 Rolling Stones dates as one tour?

Of course, its still "The Bigger Bang Tour". The summer's does end on August 21, 2007 in London. The tour started August 21, 2005 at Boston's Fenway Park.

In general, provided that the tour is under two years in length(or not much above 2 years in length), its usually regarded as a single tour.

RVM said:

Always seems outta breath to me. I'm all about the lead singer moving round the stage but his vocals definitely suffer for it imo. Not the most spritely anymore.

You can tell Britney Spears is out of breath as she is executing her dance moves and singing, and she is in her early 20s I think.

RVM said:

I thought Mick keeps the jogging to a minimum when playing in arenas?

Back
Top Bottom