Rolling Stone Ticket Prices - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:21 AM
Rolling Stone Ticket Prices

$435 for the most expensive stadium seat. Are you kidding me. If I wanted to hear "Start Me Up" for the 4,4990 time and take a friend it would cost me $1,000.00. Thats just wrong.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:44 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:21 AM
holy shit. and i thought u2 tickets were expensive.

$63, 102, 163, 453

Old 05-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:21 AM
I paid 140 bucks to see Bruce in a much smaller venue. Bruce is soooo much better than the stones, and this is more intimate, and even though I still felt like I was paying a lot, I know I'm going to get my money's worth.

Greed
Old 05-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

U2 could get away with murder if they wanted to. I saw the Stones last tour but am skipping this. These guys play the same songs every tour. Even though they have a new album coming out, it'll be irelivant and wouldn't justify the prices. I enjoy the Stones but this is just stupid.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:53 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

wow my U2 tickets were a bargain!
Old 05-10-2005, 12:56 PM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 07:21 AM
Wha....!

I paid £65 to see them last time in GA, they were worth every single penny of that even if I thought it was a bit pricey then. But I was right at the barrier of the b-stage, not much beats see Mick and Keef up close like that.

But there's no way in hell I'd pay $435, that's about £215. To see a greatest hits show. And a stadium on top of that. Surely they won't sell out shows at those prices. There's no way I'll be seeing them again when they come to Europe if those prices are anything to go by. The UK will be more expensive again, always is.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:56 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

U2 looks like a charity compared to these geezers.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:04 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Just my opinion, it's not worth even the cheapest ticket. I saw them only once in my life, on their previous tour. It was one of the "club" dates. For me there was no stage presence going on, no real spark, no connection w/ the audience. I suppose if you're a Rolling Stones fanatic you would experience it differently.

It just seemed to me they were going through the motions. If you just want to experience them once and are willing to pay, I suppose it might be worth it

I just got this e-mail, the platinum membership is $100

he Rolling Stones Official Fan Club is pleased to announce the availability of a limited number of PLATINUM MEMBERSHIPS!

Become a PLATINUM MEMBER for these great benefits:

Great PLATINUM Perks - Once again, the Rolling Stones will offer all Club members unprecedented, behind-the-scenes content with the return of Virtual Ticket, the on-line tour companion the band introduced in 2002. Virtual Ticket allows fans to intimately experience the band on the road and in the studio via streaming video, written and taped accounts from the band and crew, and special advance notice of upcoming shows and ticket availability. Membership includes all of the great features of the private members web site, opportunities to purchase special merchandise, a Fan Club exclusive Stones DVD, and a collectible poster.

Early access to Stones concert tickets - Continuing their tradition of introducing exciting new ways for fans to experience concert-going, The Rolling Stones are the first band to employ a ticket pre-sale system that allows fans to choose their exact seat locations from a variety of ticket price levels before purchasing them - and before purchasing a Fan Club membership! But if a fan joins the Club before tickets to the specific show they are looking to attend are available for pre-sale, the fan is guaranteed the membership fee money back if not fully satisfied with the location of the tickets once they become available.

Watch the show from right on stage! The Fan Club will be holding a stadium show contest where some very lucky fans will win a chance to watch a show from right on stage. This contest will be offered for each and every stadium show on the tour. As the band spends the summer preparing to hit the road, the Fan Club will be announcing multiple ways for members to get in on these very special tickets. Stay in touch with rollingstones.com for more details.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:53 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

I knew they'd be expensive, but i never thought they'd go for $453.00 wow.
I've seen them several times and have always enjoyed the shows, but Keef can kiss my pale white ass if he thinks he's getting $453.00 form me (shit its $906.00 plus Ticketmaster fees to take the wife).
Old 05-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

You can watch him stagger out of the 4 Seasons for free
Old 05-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
You can watch him stagger out of the 4 Seasons for free

Just saw the prices for Fenway
Old 05-10-2005, 02:45 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:21 AM
I'll think I'll pass on seeing them. Saw them at a stadium show in the 80s. I can live with that. No way they are worth that kind of money! My friends saw them in L.A. last time round - face value good loge seats were about $300+ each. They were comped, but still said it would not have been worth the money. And the friends sitting next to him took the family - that's 4 x$$$ - $1500 for a night out with the family, dinner, parking, souvenirs. F**king insane. I can wait and rent the DVD version for $5 in a couple of years. And even then I'll wait for my free Blockbuster rental!

The only band I'm willing to pay for are 4 lads from Ireland...
Old 05-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

The average ticket price for stadiums is reported to be $99 while the average ticket price for Arena's is $110.

This is only $10 dollars more than U2.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:21 PM
Quote:
The tour travels to Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Japan and "hopefully" China before heading to Europe in summer 2006, he said.
Although the Rolling Stones don't appear to be playing Australia, congratulations on holding a World Tour. This is commendable
Old 05-10-2005, 05:13 PM   #15
Refugee

It's not music anymore.....it's what they call "big business". It's no wonder they keep on touring. What do the teeshirts go for?