Rolling Stone Magazine top 500 Rock n Roll Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You mean the songs mentioned in this issue?
RS_963_Circulation_Image_-_103x125.6638343.jpg

I don't see any mention of "rock" or "rock 'n roll" on the cover. So their songs might be considered 2 of the 500 greatest.

*would like to see the list*

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn, you are correct. there is no mention of r n r in the title. that's what happens when you are looking at 12 things at once at work.:huh:

regardless, I could think of a million better songs that should be on this list instead of "Push It" or "I Believe I Can Fly"

The R Kelly thing I don't understand, but Salt-n-Peppa were the first female rappers to cross over into the pop charts. I think including Push It on the list is warranted.

Any Starship???

We Built This City (on Rock and Roll) ????

or any Bay City Rollers ???

that's what I'm talking about.........

I think U2 has 26 or 35 songs listed...and how about #1 and #2...do the title or the artists have Rolling Stone in it???

Would you remove "Push It" from the top 500 for any of these songs that did not make the list?
Pearl Jam's "Alive"
Oasis' "Wonderwall"
Billy Joel's "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant"
George Harrison's "Here Comes the Sun"
Michael Jackson's "Thriller"
Rod Stewart's "Forever Young"
The Kinks "Come Dancing"
Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust"

Just off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing countless other songs....

Or maybe another song or two from U2....

just my 2 cents

It seems that PCness has spread to the music lists, and 'tokenism' for each genre, as well as the gender and ethnicity of the artists themselves, are getting in the way of picking the REAL best songs. So just like in affirmative action, a lot of qualified white guys must be left off to make room for women and minorities, and some good rock and roll must be left off in order to patronize all genres and styles. Call me what you want, this is exactly what happened. It's not a true 'best' list but a 'best variety' list.

inevitably, they're going to go for 'song 2' as blur's best song. it's not. it's blur's 'most widely known hit', and therefore this is a list of top 500 'most widely known songs by a certain artist'

Q tried it a year or so ago and it was crap, but at least it was interesting to read what famous people liked.

I've yet to see one of these lists that I could even mildly agree with.

Back
Top Bottom