Rollercoasters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
If you are a massive fan of them, ever been on one of the tallest/loopiest/craziest/holy-****!iest types? (from round the world I guess). :cool:

Was it worth it? Did you come off needing a change of clothing? ;)

I hate rollers……..but watching them is like :eek:

I often hear the women scream……… I wonder do men scream too! Maybe you do hear them do so, among the high pitched girlie ones :D :eyebrow:

Rollercoasters. :drool:

I've been to a few of the bigger amusement parks in the U.S., and I love it. Taking a ride on a good rollercoaster can be a blast.

I can't think of any of the specific names of the coasters, but I've been to Six Flags in St. Louis and Chicago and I've been to Cedar Point in Ohio....rode all the coasters at each of those parks.

But when it comes to amusement parks in general....nothing, and I mean fucking NOTHING, beats Disneyland.

In high school, I went on a trip with some friends to Six Flags but warned them I was too scared to ride any rollercoasters. I decided to give one of them a try, and I had so much fun that I rode every coaster in the park at least once. :D I won't ride them anymore though, I don't think my stomach is as strong as it used to be...and I'm not willing to risk it. :yikes:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Used to be scared of them, but got over that a few years back and now I love them. :drool:

Wow same here! Used to be shit scared of them. But the exhilarating experience I had on the Hulk coaster at Universal Orlando changed all that. But I haven't been on one since like 2002.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Rollercoasters. :drool:

But when it comes to amusement parks in general....nothing, and I mean fucking NOTHING, beats Disneyland.

Except Disney World, in Florida. :tongue:

I *love* roller coasters and will go on pretty much anything . . . except I won't go on a ferris wheel. A friend of mine says, "You will go 900 miles an hour upside down, but you won't go on a ferris wheel?" Nope--they scare me to death!

lolcoaster.gif

I've been a rollercoaster nut since my dad took me on a rickety old wooden coaster at Pacific Ocean Park in Santa Monica (gone now :( )when I was pretty young. The new ones destroy all the old wooden ones. X at Magic Mtn in LA was unreal. You don't know which way your going, up or down, backwards or forward. Amazing. Goliath is a huge tubed coaster with a mega first drop, probably my favorite. So many coasters there now. Don't get on them much anymore, but I still like them. Even the spinning type stuff, like the thing where the floor drops out from under you and your pinned against the wall :ohmy:

But I'll take Disneyland anyday if I have the choice :shrug: Space Mountain is right up there with the best :yes: And it's just a lot more enjoyable place to be

:wink: :yes: I used to go on them.......not lately tho. I loved the Matterhorn at Disneyland the most! It's very tame compared to some of the newer ones now!!:up:

Disneyland is my personal Happy Place.

I have to go at least every three months or so.

Whenever I'm stressed out at work, I mentally walk myself around the park and I instantly feel better.

lynnok said:
Tower of terror at night!!! :yes:

I agree. Expedition Everest at the Animal Kingdom is pretty cool at night, too--as you go up the first lift hill, you can see everywhere! I like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at night, too. :wink:

Being from Cleveland and Detroit, I've been to Cedar Point about 20-30 times and have been going for over 30 years (even since moving to Tennessee).

I love the older coasters at CP: the mine ride, Gemini, Blue Streak. Magnum is my favorite of the newer coasters there.

Last week, I discovered the Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, SC and rode on the Led Zeppelin coaster there.

Love them! Fortunately I'm only 4 hours from one of the best amusement parks for roller coasters on the planet, Cedar Point, mentioned above. I will ride just about anything. Not a fan of a ton of loops though as it will give me a headache. Millenium Force at CP is my favorite.

I love the Griffon at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. It has a 90 degree drop, 205 feet up! And it's the world's tallest floorless dive coaster. It literally puts you in that place where you feel like you're in another world. :yippie:

GriffonPre2.jpg

519131527_4a21cea427.jpg

I *love* roller coasters and will go on pretty much anything . . . except I won't go on a ferris wheel. A friend of mine says, "You will go 900 miles an hour upside down, but you won't go on a ferris wheel?" Nope--they scare me to death!

:hi5: me too! I love the zippy dippy leave your stomach in the sky rides but there's something about that ferris wheel cabin swinging ever so slightly in the breeze that makes me :crazy: :shudder:

Back
Top Bottom