Rollercoasters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cedar Point rollercoasters ftw.

OMG this park looks awesome. I just checked out their website as i've heard about CP before. Sadly flying from England to Ohio would cost a fortune. :lol:

:drool: love em love em love em!

pity we don't have huge ones here in Holland : (

I live near a theme park and Alton Towers is few hours drive, come to England. :shifty:

I LOVE rollercoasters. :drool: Will go on anything. I am lucky to live a 10 minute drive from Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Its not exactly DisneyWorld or Cedar Point or any big american park or even Alton Towers but they have some good rides. Some videos of some of my faves:

The Pepsi Max Big One, once the tallest fastest rollercoaster in the world
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1HHQfuVJNg&feature=related

Infusion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NETMRVcL9iY&feature=related

Bling ( Not really a rollercoaster but I love how you never know which direction you're going in next. :drool: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISHnWzo26TY&feature=related

Alton Towers also in England has some awesome rides. Ive not been in years but hope to go this summer and try out Air, Oblivion and Rita Queen of Speed and all the other rides ive not been on in years.

Air ( Kinda like the Superman ride, you're laid horizontally)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3mdChXl14Q&feature=related

Oblivion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRVtpJFKlGk&feature=related

Rita Queen Of Speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MXYvraTkBQ&feature=related

Really need to get to Disney and some American Parks some day. :drool:

God i was really bored ot look all all those videos. :lol:

Last edited:
I love the Griffon at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. It has a 90 degree drop, 205 feet up! And it's the world's tallest floorless dive coaster. It literally puts you in that place where you feel like you're in another world. :yippie:

GriffonPre2.jpg

519131527_4a21cea427.jpg

Forgot to say :drool::combust: ^ Love the look of this coaster. :love:

I love Disneyland's Space Mountain, it's about the only one left I'll still go on and risk feeling nauseous for the next hour, cuz it's totally worth it! It was even better too when they blasted RedHotChiliPepper's Higher Ground on it.

If you like old wooden coasters we still have one in San Diego. The old Belmont Park coaster on the beach. When the park closed down the coaster sat there abandoned and falling apart for years and was nearly demolished... but thank goodness they saved it and restored it. It doeesn't exactly feel the same as it did in the 60's when we'd ride it and the wood creaked and swayed, and it shook so bad it you could seriously get neck and back injuries, but that is a good thing I suppose :wink:

In the late 70's when I was in high school my photography class got permission to enter the shut down dilapidated Belmont Park to photograph it. I actually climbed the old wooden structure of the coaster to get some cool shots (the only one in my class brave or stupid enough to do it haha), my favorite was one where I climbed up through the bottom of a track and shot a photo from that prospective looking up from there.... :hmm: now I really would like to find those photos!

If you like old wooden coasters we still have one in San Diego.

Oh yes there's one like that in King's Dominion in Richmond, VA, too.

It's called the Grizzly.
It's so awesome because it's rickety and rough.
And it goes through this forrest area so it makes it kind of rugged.

grizzly.jpg

They also have a coaster that has 2 different car-track thingies. One goes forward and the other backwards. You can chose which one you want to be on. The backwards one is so intense because it's a whole different sensation altogether.

Let me tell you a little horror story about this baby.

200605_vifrclovers020.jpg

So, my friend and I were strapped into this beast (the Hypersonic XLC in King's Dominion) and it takes off at a really fast speed and sends you shooting to the top and then over the edge of that really high drop. Basically our coaster didn't reach enough momentum. We got almost to the top and then suddenly started falling backwards. We were at the mercy of gravity and the shoulderbars suddenly started to clench tight on us as a safety precaution. We sat at the bottom for a good 30 minutes before they finally got all the glitches out. My friend was hysterical. She thought we were going to die. She couldn't breathe because of how tight the bars were on her. I told her to calm down, but she was panicking.

In the end, we got out and the rest of the riders didn't even realize what had happened!

It was a real freak show. We were shaken!

It's called the Grizzly.

grizzly.jpg

They also have a coaster that has 2 different car-track thingies. One goes forward and the other backwards. You can chose which one you want to be on. The backwards one is so intense because it's a whole different sensation altogether.

Just like The Beast at King's Island near Cincinnati--love both of them!

It's called the Grizzly.

grizzly.jpg

I have been on the Grizzly, it is a good one. I think mainly because they placed it back in the woods. Something about trees flying by and hiding parts of the upcoming track just makes it more exciting! :) Its really the baby brother to The Beast at Kings Island which in its day was one of the greatest wooden roller coasters ever to me. The Beast at night when they had NO lights on it was like being in another world. I remember looking over at one of my friends while the train was in the tunnel and I could not see them it was so dark back then.

I believe the two train coaster there you refer to at King's Dominion is the Rebel Yell.

I have been on the Grizzly, it is a good one. I think mainly because they placed it back in the woods. Something about trees flying by and hiding parts of the upcoming track just makes it more exciting! :) Its really the baby brother to The Beast at Kings Island which in its day was one of the greatest wooden roller coasters ever to me. The Beast at night when they had NO lights on it was like being in another world. I remember looking over at one of my friends while the train was in the tunnel and I could not see them it was so dark back then.

I believe the two train coaster there you refer to at King's Dominion is the Rebel Yell.

Rebel Yell! Yesssssss!

On The Beast, I like when you get to the top of the first lift hill and they pause--and you look down at that little hole-in-the-ground tunnel that you will be going into at top speed. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :scream:

The Wild Thing at Valley Fair was my first and last. I'm never going on one again, too scared. What if there's some malfunction when we're mid-air.

:reject:

you all talking about Kings Dominion is making me homesick for VA! anyone been to universal studios in florida? the hulk is :drool: i haven't been to busch gardens, va in awhile, but i loved aplengeist and apollo's chariot.

i'll also ride just about anything. i love the thrill. riding at night is always the best!

The Grizzly is the same as one at Magic Mtn in So Cal I think. Super fun but my friend swears she got whiplash from it... whatever.

SPAAAAAACE MOUNTAIN at Disneyland is the best roller coaster EVER!!! Whoever thought to put a roller coaster in the dark was friggin' BRILLIANT!!!!!! I love it.

Superman at Six Flags is pretty cool but after you've done it a couple times it's kind of meh. Whereas Space Mountain never gets old.

Taking my nieces / nephews on the old wooden coaster at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk this summer, assuming it's still there. :hyper:

The Grizzly is the same as one at Magic Mtn in So Cal I think. Super fun but my friend swears she got whiplash from it... whatever.

Its actually different. The Grizzly was patterned after a coaster from the 1920's that was torn down back then. I don't think there are any duplicates of it in existance currently.

you all talking about Kings Dominion is making me homesick for VA! anyone been to universal studios in florida? the hulk is :drool: i haven't been to busch gardens, va in awhile, but i loved aplengeist and apollo's chariot.

i'll also ride just about anything. i love the thrill. riding at night is always the best!

Apollo's Chariot was/is one of my favorites also. Unfortunately I don't get back that way any longer as my parents retired and moved out of VA.

Loved The Hulk--also Dueling Dragons (Double Dragons? can't remember) at Universal--hanging double coaster. We rode one side, then immediately got in line for the other side. :wink: Haven't been back since the put The Mummy coaster in, though. Looks cool!

Oh my good god, the Pepsi max in Blackpool... the tallest roller coaster in Europe, I think. It's one massive vertical drop, and literally all you have holding you in is a thin metal bar (most of them are rusty too) across your lap :yikes: It's terrifying, you honestly feel like you're going to die.

YouTube - Pepsi Max Big One, Blackpool Pleasure Beach Roller Coaster

haha at the clanking sounds it makes!

Ooh yes Apollo's Chariot is amazing! My friends and I went for a whole day and we stayed until the park closed and the fireworks were going off and we saw them atop Apollo's Chariot. The good thing about Apollo's is that it's open on top so you can lift your arms in the air and it feels like you're flying. :heart:

Ooh yes Apollo's Chariot is amazing! My friends and I went for a whole day and we stayed until the park closed and the fireworks were going off and we saw them atop Apollo's Chariot. The good thing about Apollo's is that it's open on top so you can lift your arms in the air and it feels like you're flying. :heart:

On the Tower of Terror at Disney World in Florida, if you raise your arms and lift your feet off of the floor when the "elevator" is being dropped, you get some good air time. :) Not as much now that they have seat belts as when there was just a lap bar, though. :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom