Roger Waters on tour! - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #121
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Great shots, LadyLemon. Looking at that first one reminds me of something. I heard Dancing Queen (only one of my LEAST favourite songs of all time) on the radio today in the car, and I thought about Roger. When I hurriedly changed the station, I half expected to land on another ABBA song.

Yeah, the Abba thing had everybody laughing that night!

Old 10-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #122
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
we didn't have the astronaut.

Unless we missed it early on.
Odd! You probably just missed it. It's supposed to come out at the beginning of Perfect Sense (pt. 1) behind the mixing desk. It's a lot smaller than the pig though. I actually didn't notice it myself until it was floating in front of me. Speaking about inflatables, someone at a PF forum did a photoshop of Roger with an inflatable David Gilmour hovering above the stage. I've got to try and find it again, it was so funny.

And yes, LadyLemon, the ABBA thing was hilarious! We were all cracking up in our section, too. I just found an audio bootleg from Toronto (one of FOUR bootlegs for the same show, nuts!) that has the audience reaction to the pre-show video on it. It's a pity that nobody seems to have caught the actual video itself.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
we didn't have the astronaut.

Unless we missed it early on.
DC and Chicagoland (both amphitheaters) had the astronaut, but I believe he stayed in the back of the stage.

Quote:

Speaking about inflatables, someone at a PF forum did a photoshop of Roger with an inflatable David Gilmour hovering above the stage. I've got to try and find it again, it was so funny.

That - I have to see.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:58 AM   #124
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:59 PM
so you ... thought you... might like to... go to a show...

Yes, saw the astronaut, and the pig was great, and they did not let him go tonight. But when they raised that lighted triangular prism above the Hollywood Bowl and then it's "Dark Side Of The Moon" If you happen to find pics online from the Bowl, feel free to post them (or the link).

Old 10-09-2006, 03:10 AM   #125
ONE
love, blood, life

To feeeel the warm thrill of confusion, that space cadet glow! How was the performance?

I was actually going to post a video of the prism that I found earlier for one of my friends who went to one of the Bowl shows. We didn't get this in Toronto! It's really cool:

Old 10-09-2006, 03:32 AM   #126
Blue Crack Distributor

sorry for the delayed response, I was watching that video!
Our seats tonight were similar to that in the video, but maybe one section over to the right. The prism looked like it had 3 colors of the rainbow beaming out (red, yellow, blue). That was very cool. Show was great - the surround sound was

ETA - Leaving Beirut was quite interesting - love that RW is being political. And that Neil Young music was playing prior to the show

ok, off to bed
Old 10-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ntalwar

DC and Chicagoland (both amphitheaters) had the astronaut, but I believe he stayed in the back of the stage.
I saw the astronaut at our amphitheatre.

Zoney was getting food and sharing french fries with high 17-year-olds while the astronaut was flying around.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:32 PM   #128
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 10-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #129
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
sorry for the delayed response, I was watching that video!
Our seats tonight were similar to that in the video, but maybe one section over to the right. The prism looked like it had 3 colors of the rainbow beaming out (red, yellow, blue). That was very cool. Show was great - the surround sound was

ETA - Leaving Beirut was quite interesting - love that RW is being political. And that Neil Young music was playing prior to the show
The quadrophonic sound system is amazing. I really noticed it during On The Run. Speaking of On The Run, I'd love to have the video used on the circular screen (good ol' Mr. Screen!) for that song. Any Colour You Like had great video as well. They both made me dizzy in a good way. And I like Leaving Beirut a lot as well. I think the lyrics are perhaps a little too direct, but it's always fun singing along with the "Ohhhh George!" part.

Good news for fans in the southern hemisphere - Roger's touring in 2007! Probably in South America, Australia, and a few other countries. According to braindamage.co.uk, he said he'll be doing no less than sixty-two dates. This is awesome. I wonder if he'll do any festivals in the UK during that time? I'm more than likely going to be studying in England in the summer of 2007, so I hope this is the case.

Let's hope he has his new album finished before the third leg of the tour as well! I doubt it, but it would be nice. It certainly has been a long wait. He has said that the album is either going to be political or something along the lines of the themes in Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking. I'm hoping for the former! Roger has always done political themes very well.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #130
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Good news for fans in the southern hemisphere - Roger's touring in 2007! Probably in South America, Australia, and a few other countries. According to braindamage.co.uk, he said he'll be doing no less than sixty-two dates.
I saw the part about 62 dates, but not the location of the shows.
Was that listed as well?
Old 10-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #131
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
the pig was great, and they did not let him go tonight.
This might explain why - from braindamage:

"There was a report published on Friday that after Thursday’s show, the Los Angeles had warned of taking action if another Pig was set free into the L.A. sky. A case of “Pig” envy maybe… in consequence, the pig was not let go on the following nights, it made its run through the venue and was taken out from the back side.
"
Old 10-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #132
ONE
love, blood, life

Oops, I should have mentioned that Australia/S. America was more of a rumour than anything. It's up on A Fleeting Glimpse (probably THE most reliable of all PF sites) so it's a rumour you can place at least some faith in:

Quote:
Roger Waters To Tour Australia & South America in 2007?

File this one in the rumours section, but there is a LOT of noise saying that Roger will be touring further afield next year. Australia is being mentioned (Visa Preferred are taking bookings on their events wait list) and in South America major newspapers in both Argentina & Chile are carrying stories about the tour . We don't want to get expectations up, so please remember, these are only rumours at this stage. Obviously if we hear anything official we will let you know.

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/
Roger has definitely told fans and interviewers that he's touring in 2007 though, so I've little doubt in my mind that he'll head down south. It would make no sense to just tour Europe and North America again (not that I'd mind .)
Old 10-11-2006, 01:14 AM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Oops, I should have mentioned that Australia/S. America was more of a rumour than anything. It's up on A Fleeting Glimpse (probably THE most reliable of all PF sites) so it's a rumour you can place at least some faith in:

Roger has definitely told fans and interviewers that he's touring in 2007 though, so I've little doubt in my mind that he'll head down south. It would make no sense to just tour Europe and North America again (not that I'd mind .)
Can't access that site right now, but 62+ additional rumored dates is mindboggling. So far, he's done roughly 44 shows in Europe and the US/Canada. I can't see him doing more than 10-12 shows each in South America, Australia/NZ, and Asia. That would leave 30+ additional dates, and I can see him going to NA and Europe again in that case. And of course, I will see him again and again .
Old 10-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #134
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I didn't see this earlier, but pretty funny:

Quote:
Los Angeles Authorities Have Problem With Pig Flying Out of Hollywood Bowl
Friday October 6, 9:43 pm ET

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Last night, during the Roger Waters concert at the Hollywood Bowl, a 30-foot helium-filled pig dirigible -- a prop/character in the show covered with anti-war and other subversive slogans -- was set aloft into skies above Los Angeles.
Which did not sit well with local authorities, who have brought up the possibility of arrests should another gigantic porcine blimp be freed into the heavens at tonight's concert.

"The show must go on," said Roger Waters.

In addition to tonight's concert, Roger Waters is scheduled to play the Hollywood Bowl on Sunday, October 8.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #135
Blue Crack Distributor

Tags
pink floyd, roger waters