Roger Waters on tour! - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #286
The Fly
Local Time: 06:13 PM
I saw the last show of the tour last night and was really blown away.

Sheep!! An amazing, amazing performance. The outro was incredible, with the super-bright red flames/lights flashing intermittently as the song reaches its climax. The show was great until that point, but just went to a new level after that.

DSOTM was great as well, and for me Ian Ritchie on sax was especially amazing during Money and Us and Them. Amongst the encores, Another Brick In the Wall was a highlight, with the crowd singing along manically. Waters was really getting into it, letting his backup singers and the crowd do most of the singing.

Overall, a superb show. I was lucky enough to see David Gilmour last year, which, despite being a rather more sedate affair was remarkable in its own way. Waters' band does an outstanding job though, and for me, really take over during the second half of the show. While you do miss Gilmour's voice a little bit, you don't miss him on guitar at all. I just feel incredibly lucky to have seen them both!

Old 07-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #287
Blue Crack Addict
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 01:13 PM
Originally posted by edge_2125
I saw the last show of the tour last night and was really blown away.
Did it feel like the last show ever? Was there any sense of that in what Roger said?

Glad you enjoyed the show!

pink floyd, roger waters