Roger Waters on tour! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2006, 08:30 AM   #16
Babyface

Local Time: 08:49 AM
seen him once. ok

Old 04-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Good contribution.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:01 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:49 AM
imp13.

I mentioned the tour to my mother just in casual conversation, not expecting anything out of it, and she's interested in going! She's still pissed off that my father got to see U2 with me while she was stuck at home. At first I thought she was just pulling my leg, but she now appears genuinely interested in the whole idea. Asked me if he was still good live without the rest of Pink Floyd. I assured her he was, and arranged for us to watch the In The Flesh DVD later today. I've got five days to convince her.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:26 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Work it, work it
I wonder if they'll go a GA floor or seated. I'll have to listen to the local rock radio stations to see if the demand for tickets is crazy, but regardless I can be at the Centre Bell in person on Monday.

I just love waiting for tickets If the Habs make the next round of the playoffs I'm showing up 2 days early like everyone else to get a numbered wristband
Old 04-25-2006, 12:42 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

It'll definitely be seated, no floor GA. Pfft, if I do get to go, it'll have to be Toronto. Montreal would have been awesome, but Ticketbastard doesn't carry tickets for the Bell Centre. I hate the Air Canada Centre. I feel like a traitor in there.

Not if the Habs make the next round, Mike, when the Habs make the next round!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:06 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
imp13.

I mentioned the tour to my mother just in casual conversation, not expecting anything out of it, and she's interested in going! She's still pissed off that my father got to see U2 with me while she was stuck at home. At first I thought she was just pulling my leg, but she now appears genuinely interested in the whole idea. Asked me if he was still good live without the rest of Pink Floyd. I assured her he was, and arranged for us to watch the In The Flesh DVD later today. I've got five days to convince her.

Excellent news

Hubby bought 2 crappy tickets - so at least we'll be there, unless better tickets miraculously appear. Or if a single comes up and I can have the single/better seat closer up. Our friends are Gold Card members (Amex pre-sale), but the section offered wasn't good enough for them (they want box seats at the Bowl). Maybe we'll be able to sneak down if they do I saw Queen/Rodgers from around this section back in October (mid-back section). I don't care to be this far back, but what's a girl to do. At least I'll be there, right? Hope you make it to the show GG!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:19 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:49 AM
"with state-of-the-art staging, lighting and sound."

The show closest to me is an amphitheater. I wonder if they'll have 2 versions of the show - one for arenas and one for amphitheaters.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #23
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:49 AM
Yes, nothing close to where a I live!

:sarcasm:
Old 04-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:49 AM
"The second set will feature Waters and a full band performing "Dark Side of the Moon" from start to finish. The album was issued in 1973, and remained on The Billboard 200 album chart for a record-breaking 15 years."

A brilliant idea, and it helps to have as his material the greatest rock album written. It also helps that ALL Pink Floyd fans love Dark Side of the Moon. I'm not sure U2 could pull off something like that (e.g. with UF or AB) because it seems as if there is no single album that all of their fans love.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:42 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

It's a real pain, not being allowed to work. Stupid immigration laws.

Oh! Certain arrangements can be made to get around this!

But, in all seriousness, I'd love to see him live...I bought a couple of his CDs the other day at HMV...good stuff.

He would be great here in Newfoundland....The Newfoundland Waters Tour. Has a nice ring to it.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:34 AM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

2nd show added for the Hollywood Bowl
Old 04-28-2006, 11:47 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Guess who's confused?

Toronto Sale Info:

Montreal Sale Info:

The Toronto presale happened today - I looked on in jealousy at the password field, knowing that there were people buying tickets at the time. However, the Montreal show tickets were still unavailable. Looking at the pages for each, it looks as though there was NO Montreal presale. Is this just an anomaly, or what? I checked all of the dates listed, and ALL of them featured the presale information, as Toronto does. Every date but Montreal. If there was no Montreal presale, this would mean that all the best seats are still available...

I'm very, very confused. And now I'm very indecisive.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:27 AM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 04-29-2006, 09:26 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Argh! I don't know what to do! Do I try for Toronto tickets, do I try for Montreal tickets, or do I try for both? Lord knows I'd prefer to see Roger Waters in Montreal - better crowd atmosphere, usually - and if there was no presale, I'd have a much better chance of actually getting decent seats. Decisions, decisions! Although, knowing Quebec, you probably have to be French Canadian for them to even send out the tickets to you. Just kidding, just kidding. I'm so nervous! I hate buying with Ticketbastard. After the way they screwed me over with my U2 GAs last time, I've been apprehensive over buying tickets with them ever since.

Monopolies.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:49 AM
I have seen him already in 2002...................3 hours of incredible wonderful music.........................to all of you who have good music taste, really, GO!!! You can't miss Roger Waters!!!

Tags
pink floyd, roger waters