Roger Waters on tour! - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2007, 08:18 PM   #151
Refugee

Local Time: 01:02 AM
Definately worth seeing Waters . Saw Floyd many years ago on the Division Bell Tour in 94 and it was truely amazing.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:20 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

I think I'll be checking out the Skydome show as well. Although, I might not get such great tickets for it, seeing that it's the last show... Maybe Ottawa instead.
That's true, and it's a Saturday as well so there will be a lot of other out of town people. I should wait to see how the ticket sales go. Although I was able to get a good seat in Chicago the day of the show (after flying in).

Old 02-24-2007, 01:27 AM   #153
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:02 PM
Vancouver, June 21st

~must get tickets~

Old 02-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

It looks like ticketmaster is running the premium seat auctions again for this leg.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #155
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ntalwar
It looks like ticketmaster is running the premium seat auctions again for this leg.
ARGH, I can't stand that. I don't even have a bloody American Express card, so how on earth is a regular old concert goer supposed to get good seats? I didn't mind having lower bowl seats that were rather far from the stage last time - just being there was good enough for me. But if I go this time, I want to at least be somewhat close.

Ticketmaster can burn in hell.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:17 PM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

^ I hear ya about ticketmaster - I guess it's Roger's decision in the end to do it. For Philadelphia, he's actually using comcastix (not tm) for both shows and he's doing an auction with them as well. I assume Amex gets good tickets, but I think I've heard of cases where people got average ones. I'm interested to see if the auction prices finish lower than last time for cities he visited on the last leg. I would keep an eye on the other cities' auctions as a gauge - Chicago ends in 1-2 days and $150 is the current low bid for certain good sections.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:43 PM   #157
Refugee

My friends and I are talking about going to the show here in Winnipeg. While I am super excited (especially for the DSOTM performance), I'm still debating whether or not I want to shell out that much money.

All the reviews and clips I've seen have been 100% positive though...
Old 02-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

^Tickets should start at $70CAD, with 3 price levels.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:38 AM   #159
fah
Blue Crack Addict

I only use my American Express card for ticketmaster purchases.

Front of the line purchases always include a lovely 'convenience charge' in the $10 to $20 range. And that charge is per ticket.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:22 AM   #160
Babyface

Local Time: 06:02 AM
Your Venues - Waters 2007

I've seen a few remarks about poor venues for the Waters concert. We've got our eyes on some tix, but need to figure out where to sit so that we can make the best of the venue here.

Where did you guys sit at the Rogers concert?? Floor seats? Sidestage? "Nosebleed" seats at the top end of your venue??

It would be great if some of you could offer comments on the best seating. Performances and stage set up (speakers, special effects, etc.) differ from concert to concert. We're trying to find out how far back from the stage we should sit, and how high up off the floor we should sit, etc.

We're too old for seats on the floor, but we're not too old to want super seats to this once in a life time concert opportunity.

Any replies would be super. Thanks!!
Old 02-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Your Venues - Waters 2007

Quote:
Originally posted by mommy_barbie
I've seen a few remarks about poor venues for the Waters concert. We've got our eyes on some tix, but need to figure out where to sit so that we can make the best of the venue here.

Where did you guys sit at the Rogers concert?? Floor seats? Sidestage? "Nosebleed" seats at the top end of your venue??

It would be great if some of you could offer comments on the best seating. Performances and stage set up (speakers, special effects, etc.) differ from concert to concert. We're trying to find out how far back from the stage we should sit, and how high up off the floor we should sit, etc.

We're too old for seats on the floor, but we're not too old to want super seats to this once in a life time concert opportunity.

Any replies would be super. Thanks!!
The venues this time seem to be more indoor arenas than amphitheatres, so as long as you don't have an obstructed side seat you should be good. I had 5th row and around 25th row on the prior leg. What city are you going to see him in? You might want to check out the ticketmaster auctions for the best seats.
For non-auction seats, $130 is the highest price. However, for only $20-30 extra, you can snag great seats. The Chicago auction ends in 4 hours, and it looks like $150-160 will get rows 11-20 at the moment. I think that's a good deal, relatively speaking.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #162
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:02 AM
150$ is prohibitively expensive for me, unfortunately.
Especially since I'm going to be dropping cash on Arcade Fire tickets this Friday, and Waters tix go on sale Saturday.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #163
Gunslinger

Vancouver, June 21st!

I'm pretty excited. I just got tickets. My dad got me into Pink Floyd when I was kid. Loved this music ever since. I gave my dad a call last week and told him about this tour. He is over 60 now and only just over 5 feet tall, so he really wants nothing to do with being on the floor. I just want to be at this gig with my dad so the no floor bit is not a problem. I pulled some decent lower bowl seats. Should be a great night with just my older brother, my dad, and myself. The guys night out! No wives!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #164
War Child

Local Time: 06:02 AM
I really do like Pink Floyed, just not enough to move from listening to an album at home to spending the extra cash for the live show. It sounds like it's a cool experience though.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #165
Refugee

Local Time: 12:02 AM
I'm going this Friday here in Mty Mexico!! I'm so excited 30,000-60,000 people listening to Dark Side Of The Moon is going to be something....Floor seats are all general admission divided in two sections, are concerts in the US reserved seats?

Tags
pink floyd, roger waters