Roger Miret and the Disasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
because of basketball game pre-emptions, i have no clue whether our station got a copy yet.

i'll find out friday (we probably did, but our compsci "i'm punker than you" nerd is probably hoarding all the good stuff like he usually seems to do :mad: ).

so far i've heard "riot riot riot" (didn't like it), "janie hawk" (did like it a lot), and "turncoat" (indifferent).

the s/t album was great, and miret is a god, so i'll be buying this thing on tuesday regardless.

i just went through a bunch of crap to get a copy of this cd, newbury comics employees have hit a new low when the token metalhead/hardcore dude has never heard of roger miret :mad:

i can't wait to get home and listen to it. russian class is going to seem sooooooo damn long now.

stuff i noticed while going through the liner notes:
-"new york city" seems to be like "ny belongs to me" in the sense that NYBTM was a cock sparrer cover, the first verse says "hey look at me! i'm the angelic upstarts' song 'england'!" to that i say :hyper:

-"the boys" features al barr on vocals :up:

-"riot riot riot" - two things: the verse about still feeling sick and not having a remedy of course, comes from agnostic front's "sickness"....and the verse as it's printed as the last verse is totally patterned after the "he who fucks nuns" verse from "death or glory" :hyper:

so i'm psyched. i can't wait to hear this thing.

Back
Top Bottom