Roger Clemens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Love him or hate him... 310 wins don't lie. Roger Clemens is one of the greatest pitchers to ever play the game, be it for the Boston Red Sox, Toronto Blue Jays, or the New York Yankees. His ticket to Cooperstown is already written, and tonight, in game 3 of the World Series, will be his final start ever. Used to like him when he first came up, despised him after he beaned Piazza, respect him as simply the greatest pitcher of our time (for now).

you spelled clemens wrong... unless you were referring to your hatred for the sax player of the e-street band

111202_clemons.jpg

Last edited:
not to mention the cy youngs

but apparently you cant use stats to compare players headache

You have to respect him as a player. It was kinda cool that he struck out the last batter he faced last night. Put the icing on the cake so to speak.

It was very classy of the Marlins Fans last night to give him the big standing ovation. I wonder if all the cameras flashing were a bit distracting for him at the end of the game?

nolan ryan is a bit overrated

i mean hebarely had over a .500 record

i know he played on some bad teams, but if you are such a dominant pitcher you should still have a better winning percentage than that

yeah he had a ton of strike outs, and he's famous for all his no hitters, but he definitely wouldnt be my first choice to pitch a must win game

I'm a Yankees fan, but I didn 't really warm up to Roger Clemens until recently.
When he walked off the mound in game 4 and got the standing O from the Marlins fans, I thought "enjoy your two rings, Roger, you earned them."
And how much of a moron is Dan Duquette for letting him leave the Red Sox???

Dan Duquette was an idiot.

That was awesome of the Marlins fans to give Roger a standing O. The fans at Fenway did the same when he pitched his last regular season game there. Even though most of us hate him, we still respect the fact that he's one of the best pitchers ever. :yes:

Roger owes Duquette big Time. He was rapidly on the decline until he decided to prove something to Dan and the world. Dan gave him the motivation. The numbers show that he was coasting for his last years in the sox uniform. Duquette did the right thing based ont he numbers....although the idiot should have traded him and got something for him.

My 2 cents.

And I still believe Roger ASked out of the 86 series....
And I still believe he intentionally self destructed in the playoffs against oakland....
And I still believe he threw the bat at Piazza.....

I do not like him...will not miss him.....

One of my favorite moments as a sox fan however was watching him pitch against Nolan Ryan. Ryan threw some chin music at Ellis Burks and oh boy....hehe...it was a fun day at Fenway.....I think greenwell didn;t collide with Burks that day. LOL

Dreadsox said:
.hehe...it was a fun day at Fenway.....I think greenwell didn't collide with Burks that day. LOL
Those days were few and far between back then.

Regardless of whether Clemens' resurgance was due to an F.U. Dan motivation, Duquette was still an idiot for how he handled Roger and a few other players.
One great move ...Lowe and Varitek for Heathcliff Slocumb (Mariners fans love that one), and many poor moves, no people skills whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom