Rodney Dangerfield slips into a Coma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian Rodney Dangerfield (news) slipped into a coma while recovering from heart surgery in recent weeks but "is starting to show signs of awareness," his wife Joan said on Monday.

The 82-year-old performer, who was reported by his spokesman to have been hooked to a respirator in intensive care since undergoing a heart-valve replacement on Aug. 25, was able to breathe on his own for the past 24 hours, she said.

Dangerfield fell into a "light coma" a couple of weeks ago, but "after recent visits from his family and close friends, Rodney is starting to show signs of awareness, and we are all hopeful that he will regain full consciousness soon," she said in a statement issued through his publicist, Kevin Sasaki.

She said Dangerfield remains in stable condition overall, and that "Our family remains optimistic that Rodney will make a complete recovery ..."

The statement appeared to conflict in some respects with previous information provided by Sasaki, who said last week that Dangerfield was conscious when friends and fellow entertainers such as Jay Leno, Roseanne, Jim Carrey (news) and Adam Sandler visited him at the UCLA Medical Center.

Dangerfield, famed for his self-deprecating one-liners and the catch phrase, "I can't get no respect," has endured a string of health problems in recent years.

The bulging-eyed comedian had double-bypass heart surgery in March of 2000 and an operation three months later to correct an aneurysm. He also suffered a mild heart attack in November, 2001. Last year, he underwent a brain bypass operation to reduce the risk of a stroke during or immediately after his heart valve replacement.

caddy144.JPG

Oh my ...........

EEEEKKKK.:ohmy:

What can I say... I think "nothing" would be a safe bet. I honestly did not know... which makes it worse.

I'm sos sorry if I upset anyone - I didn't see the date of the post and I guess I just made a huge ballsup there . Sorry everyone. :sad:

I feel like a complete imbecile. My only excuse is that I've not slept in 48 hours and my head is ina different galaxy due to tiredness.

Hope you folks aren't too pissed off.:reject:

Last edited:
Yeah... I lived in the States for a few years in the early 1990's, and that's when I first heard of him. I saw your post and it took me back - I didn't realise. :( It does suck.

Back
Top Bottom