Rodney Bingenheimer for President!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Has anyone here seen the documentary "The Mayor Of The Sunset Strip" ????
You'll probably think I'm nuts (maybe I am) but I've watched this brilliant film over 20 times in the past few months. It's the life story of Rodney Bingenheimer (Rodney on the Roq) from radio station KROQ in Los Angeles. For a time in late 1970's and early 1980's Rodney was the John Peel of North America - introducing "mainstream" audiences to the likes of The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Damned, Blondie, The Police, Elvis Costello, U2, The Germs...and the list goes on...and on...and on. Take my word on this one - rent it!!! It's a sad, beautiful, funny, tragic and unbelievable film. Rodney Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. And he's still on the air - Sunday nights Midnight - 3 a.m. on KROQ Los Angeles

Harry Vest said:
Has anyone here seen the documentary "The Mayor Of The Sunset Strip" ????
You'll probably think I'm nuts (maybe I am) but I've watched this brilliant film over 20 times in the past few months. It's the life story of Rodney Bingenheimer (Rodney on the Roq) from radio station KROQ in Los Angeles. For a time in late 1970's and early 1980's Rodney was the John Peel of North America - introducing "mainstream" audiences to the likes of The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Damned, Blondie, The Police, Elvis Costello, U2, The Germs...and the list goes on...and on...and on. Take my word on this one - rent it!!! It's a sad, beautiful, funny, tragic and unbelievable film. Rodney Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. And he's still on the air - Sunday nights Midnight - 3 a.m. on KROQ Los Angeles

haha I love that movie, plus if you look on his fridge, he has a sticker of my old band " Mealticket".

I have not seen this movie

but,
I lived through this in the 70s and 80s
and have met Rodney.

10560634.jpeg

:wave:

I met Rodney once too, when I was a teenager at a Beatlefest. I shook his hand. I already knew who he was at the time. He is a legend.

Saw the doco a few months back, it was very good.

Back
Top Bottom