roddy woomble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy crap, DiGi! I was just wondering the other day where you'd been. Glad to see you! I knew he had a solo effort coming out, I didn't know of either of these sites though! I will go listen and report back.

:up:

Wow, I definitely like that sample. This actually has gotten me more excited for the album, I was scared for a while that it wouldn't be accessable or that I wouldn't like it. This is flat out great though, I'm pumped.

DiGi, let me know how you're going to have it imported to the US. We can try to find the fastest/cheapest method between us. :up:

Ok, I've listened to this song 3 times in a row. Love it, it's beautiful. A full album of songs like this will be amazing. I'm not sure if I dare say this............I honestly think this tune is as good if not better than some recent Idlewild songs.

"Look out across the wall and into the Atlantic"

Ok, I promise this is my last unanswered comment here. :wink:

Anyways, I got searching around Idlewild's site and read this from Roddy's journal entry he added 4 days ago:

"Start recording the sixth Idlewild long player next week. We're recording most of the basic tracks/songs in our rehearsal space which is an exciting prospect. Don't get me wrong, I like recording studios and I'm grateful for having been inside so many good ones, but this time around we felt we could do the songs their justice recording them in the place we wrote them and play them everyday. Dave Eringa, the bearded zen master from Essex (and producer of '100 broken windows' and 'The remote part') is once again manning the make shift decks this time around. It'll be cool, I think the new tunes sound a lot like '100 broken windows' crossed with the Allman Brothers. Then again, I could be wrong."

I don't think I could possible be happier to hear they're back with Dave Eringa and that he's comparing the tracks to 100 Broken Windows. :up: :up: :up: x10000000

Sounds like they have yet another new bass player. :huh:

I heard about the Woomble solo album recently, apparently it's really folky.

Off to check it out.

Edit: Ooh, I see he's got Kate Rusby (English folk singer) on vocals somewhere in his album. Should be good.

u2popmofo said:
Ok, I promise this is my last unanswered comment here. :wink:

Anyways, I got searching around Idlewild's site and read this from Roddy's journal entry he added 4 days ago:

"Start recording the sixth Idlewild long player next week. We're recording most of the basic tracks/songs in our rehearsal space which is an exciting prospect. Don't get me wrong, I like recording studios and I'm grateful for having been inside so many good ones, but this time around we felt we could do the songs their justice recording them in the place we wrote them and play them everyday. Dave Eringa, the bearded zen master from Essex (and producer of '100 broken windows' and 'The remote part') is once again manning the make shift decks this time around. It'll be cool, I think the new tunes sound a lot like '100 broken windows' crossed with the Allman Brothers. Then again, I could be wrong."

I don't think I could possible be happier to hear they're back with Dave Eringa and that he's comparing the tracks to 100 Broken Windows. :up: :up: :up: x10000000

Sounds like they have yet another new bass player. :huh:

I read that on Thursday and I felt the same way. If the album turns out as described its gonning to be awesome.

As for the My Secret is My Silence I looked on Amazon.co.uk and did not see it yet, but the idlewild site has it for preorder and with the current conversion it looks to be about $22 US at this time.

mofo - i finally got this the other day. I have listened one time through so far.

I really can't imagine you would be disappointed at all with this record.

I've been lazy and still haven't imported this or James Dean Bradfield's (from Manic Street Preachers) solo albums yet.

Still very "Idlewild-ish" or is it a departure? The one song on MySpace in some ways seemed like it could have possibly been an Idlewild song, as in it wasn't too drastically different. Look forward to hearing your impressions and then finally hearing it all for myself too!

ok after another listen I would say there is maybe one or two song that sounds like idlewild. The majority of the record has a celtic theme to it. Lots of violin, which I like and a very folky theme as well. The slower songs have nice harmonies. This record is going to grow on me a lot I think.

Mofo - your avatar is nothing less than awesome.

DiGi said:
ok after another listen I would say there is maybe one or two song that sounds like idlewild. The majority of the record has a celtic theme to it. Lots of violin, which I like and a very folky theme as well. The slower songs have nice harmonies. This record is going to grow on me a lot I think.

Mofo - your avatar is nothing less than awesome.

Very cool, can't wait to hear it.

Thank you, I'm glad you also like it. :wink:

For those of you (like me) who still don't have the album, I found 'Every Line of a Long Moment' in mp3 form on a blog (along with a very cool picture of Roddy):

http://crackersunited.com/blog/index.php/2006/07/07/roddy-woomble-my-secret-is-my-silence/#comments

Yeah, I need to buy this album really soon (as I just listened to this track 5 times in a row).

Roddy had some pretty funny stuff to say about the new Idlewild album/movie name (which HG and I have been bitching about lately):

Not sure what's up with this new Outkast album. keep seeing posters for it and thinking I've forgotten about a concert. Not that it's likely Idlewild would play a show with Andre 3000 and Big Boi (what a stupid name). Maybe when our new LP comes out next February some unfamiliars will think we're some sort of Outkast tribute. Could be interesting. Probably won't be.

And then made me sexcited for the new album:

September is full of finishing off our new record. It's got a name now, as do all the songs, but I'll keep you in suspense for a few more months. It's also very good (again, if I say so myself). Lots of good riffing and soloing from Rod and Allan, some tasty swing and kraut rock flourishs from Colin and Gareth, and some interesting lyrics, quite misplaced, in a good way. I'm almost positive you'll all enjoy it for a long time.

:up:

u2popmofo said:
And then made me sexcited for the new album:

September is full of finishing off our new record. It's got a name now, as do all the songs, but I'll keep you in suspense for a few more months. It's also very good (again, if I say so myself). Lots of good riffing and soloing from Rod and Allan, some tasty swing and kraut rock flourishs from Colin and Gareth, and some interesting lyrics, quite misplaced, in a good way. I'm almost positive you'll all enjoy it for a long time.

:up: [/B]

thats what i like to hear.

Back
Top Bottom