Rod Stewart is a douchebag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
What the hell man. 'Still the Same' is his latest release, where he 'returns to his roots' and sings 'rock classics'.

This guy has been a joke since he left the Faces. Which is a shame because his work with them was some of the greatest rock and roll vocals of all time.

What a douche.

EDIT: I apologize to all the middle-aged soccer moms who own the American Songbook series.

Last edited:
I only own the early stuff. I have no interest in the crap he's been singing now/these last few years. In fact, when I saw him last year I could have used a pillow during that portion of the show. But when he and Ron Wood were on stage... :drool:

Oh, and I'm probably of "soccer mom" age, but not a soccer mom. Maddy prefers basketball :wink: Actually she's probably one of the few kids at school who have a cool mom taking her to cool shows (U2, McCartney, Queen, RHCP, oh - and U2 in Hawaii) :wink: :yes:

Canadiens1160 said:
What the hell man. 'Still the Same' is his latest release, where he 'returns to his roots' and sings 'rock classics'.

This guy has been a joke since he left the Faces. Which is a shame because his work with them was some of the greatest rock and roll vocals of all time.

What a douche.

EDIT: I apologize to all the middle-aged soccer moms who own the American Songbook series.

Yes I am middle aged and prefered to be called baseball mom....and I dont have the American Songbook series and I never will. I have ollllllld Rod Stewart.

smileycutesthighfive.gif

I just found that smilie, and I :love: it!

Every time someone calls me Maggie Mae, Rod Stewart should have to be poked with a fork :mad:

I have no respect for him anymore (not that I had a lot to begin with). Every song of his that I seemed to like over the years I found out was actually someone else's that he covered, and that of course the original was far superior.

Point in case: I was driving somewhere with a friend a few years ago and Downtown Train came on the radio. "You know, this is one of the few Rod Stewart songs I can stand." She punched me really hard in the arm, and when I yelled at her, she said, "That's from Tom Waits."

I was delighted when Sheryl Crow recorded a cover of The First Cut Is the Deepest, not because it was any good, but because she Rod Stewarted Rod Stewart, and many now mistakenly think it's her song.

He needs to stop recording cover album after cover album and go back to writing his own (crappy) songs, or everyone's going to lose respect for him.

Re: Re: Re: Rod Stewart is a douchebag

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Baseball Moms.....:drool:

<Baseball Dad...who likes some old school Rod (Faces) but does not think he's sexy...:no:

I don't think hes sexy either....

baseball mom 4 games a week almost all year round.:huh:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I was delighted when Sheryl Crow recorded a cover of The First Cut Is the Deepest, not because it was any good, but because she Rod Stewarted Rod Stewart, and many now mistakenly think it's her song.

Did Cat Stevens not write The First Cut is the Deepest?

LJT said:

Did Cat Stevens not write The First Cut is the Deepest?

I'm pretty sure Cat Stevens is the writer of that song.

As for Rod, his early 70's stuff is best, but I also enjoyed some of his 80's pop. Kinda cheesy, but fun. Nothing past the 80's, though.

Every Picture Tells a Story :drool:

I haven't listened to any of Rod's stuff lately, but I love him. One of his cassettes was the first cassette I ever bought.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Young Turks...OK....Forever Young....Cheese!!!!

Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? :sexywink:

Cheesy music :drool:

Bonochick said:
I haven't listened to any of Rod's stuff lately, but I love him. One of his cassettes was the first cassette I ever bought.

I have a couple of his albums from the late 70's, and then around 90-ish, I got his 4-cd box set, a great retrospective from the beginning through the 80's. :drool:

Last edited:
Sheryl Crow's cover at that song made me want to rip my ears out of my head. GAH.

I have some cheesy love for "Young Turks" and a few of his other songs, but I really do love "Maggie Mae" (sorry, BonoIsMyMuse) and "Stay With Me," which is technically the Faces and not just Rod Stewart, so it gets a pass. Ditto for "Ooh La La."

When he was on American Idol last year, I groaned, but then he got points for showing off his baby, which was the cutest baby I had ever seen.

I love Rod Stewart but admit I am not fond of those American Songbook cds.

I've seen him twice in concert (1970s) and was not disappointed.

And yes I am a soccer, softball, basketball, strings, swimming lessons, mini van driving and work full-time Mom.

:kiss:

Back
Top Bottom