Rocky Balboa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
Yo Adrian, I did it! This movie was great! I just got back from the theatre and I was very happy with this latest chapter in the life of our favorite underdog, Rocky Balboa.
Even though Rock is 60, he can still knock the shit out of anyone. This movie was waaay better than Rockys IV and V. Go see it!

MrPryck2U said:
Yo Adrian, I did it! This movie was great! I just got back from the theatre and I was very happy with this latest chapter in the life of our favorite underdog, Rocky Balboa.
Even though Rock is 60, he can still knock the shit out of anyone. This movie was waaay better than Rockys IV and V. Go see it!

Was it really great? That's awesome. I admit I didn't have the highest expectations, but if it's better than Rocky IV (which was awesome) then I'm a happy man.

Yes it was great! I went into the theatre not really expecting much, but was very surprised at how well shot the film was. The fight scene was more realistic because their punches didn't sound like explosions. In Rocky IV, Rocky should've been dead by the 2nd round against Drago.
One thing though that really hit home is that Sylvester Stallone is finally getting old. But, he put on one helluva performance! Burt Young was great again as Paulie!

when i went to see the new james bond, the trailer for this came on and the entire theater started to snicker.

but it's getting really, really good reviews.

i might go -- if nothing else, i am fascinated by Sly's hair dye and his carefully sculpted eyebrows.

I told my friends before we went into the movie theatre to leave their disbelief outside. Afterall, we've got a 60 year old man taking on a man in his late 20's. The 60 year old shouldn't stand a chance, right? A very entertaining movie nonetheless.

MrPryck2U said:
Yes it was great! I went into the theatre not really expecting much, but was very surprised at how well shot the film was. The fight scene was more realistic because their punches didn't sound like explosions. In Rocky IV, Rocky should've been dead by the 2nd round against Drago.
One thing though that really hit home is that Sylvester Stallone is finally getting old. But, he put on one helluva performance! Burt Young was great again as Paulie!

i agree with this :up: it was great movie.

You can't beat Rocky III and IV though:

Interviewer: Do you hate Rocky?
Clubber Lang: No, I don't hate Balboa. I pity the fool.

Interviewer: What's your prediction for the fight?
Clubber Lang: My prediction?
Interviewer: Yes, your prediction.
[Clubber looks into camera]
Clubber Lang: Pain!

[During Rocky's training with Apollo, he's in an another world, haunted by the first Balboa-Lang fight; Apollo lands some practice hooks]
Apollo Creed: He's hooking. He's hooking. He's hooking! Damn, Rock, Come on! What's the matter with you?
Rocky Balboa: Tomorrow. Let's do it tomorrow.
Apollo Creed: [Screaming] There is no tomorrow! THERE IS NO TOMORROW! THERE IS NO TOMORROW!

Clubber Lang: I'm the baddest man in the world.
Rocky Balboa: You don't look so bad to me.
Clubber Lang: What did you say, Paper Champion? I'll beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear?

Clubber Lang: I'm gonna torture him. I'm gonna crucify him. Real bad.

Clubber Lang: [Screaming] I want Balboa! I want Balboa! You hear that, Old Man? You tell Balboa to come here! Nobody can beat me! You tell him what I said! And he's NEXT! I'm gonna kill him! Nobody can stop me! You tell Balboa that! I'M COMING AFTER HIM! YOU TELL HIM!

Clubber Lang: [Calling to Adrian; Smooth talks] Hey, Woman. Hey, Woman! Listen here. Since your old man ain't got no heart, maybe you like to see a real man. I bet you stay up late every night dreamin' you had a real man, don't ya? I'll tell you what. Bring your pretty little self over to my apartment tonight, and I'll show you a real man.

Drago: You will lose.

Drago: If he dies, he dies. [creepy synth music]

Drago: I must break you.

Ludmilla: You have this belief that this country is so berry, berry good, and we are so berry, berry bad.

Rocky shouting "DRAGO" on top of a mountain.

Come on, these movies are cheesy and awesome at the same time, they cannot be beat.

Anything's better than Rocky V and the first 90 minutes of Rocky II

I loved Rockys 1,2,3, and 6. I liked Rocky 4 and 5, but 5 was the worst one. I've seen Rocky 4 over 30 times because HBO played Rocky 4 many many times the year after it came out. I guess, like Rocky, I'm a glutton for punishment.

"Death from Above"

Some great stuff in Rocky 4, but some of that dialogue in 3 was fantastic, particularly the Apollo stuff (there is no tomorrow).

I just saw it tonight and I was very impressed. :up:

It ranks:

1. Rocky III
2. Rocky
3. Rocky Balboa
4. Rocky IV
5. Rocky II

Rocky V did not happen, you hear me?

Rocky III is the best because it has the most complete story of them all, Mr. T, great plot twists, Mr. T, "Eye of the Tiger", Rocky & Apollo's awkward beach hug, and of course Mr. T.

Rocky and Apollo's hug didn't look awkward to me. Mr. T was a great villian, but Apollo was a better foe for Rocky than Mr. T. Yes, Rocky V didn't happen. Tommy Morrison, the fighter who played Tommy Gunn turned out to be a real life asshole. He was so out of control, that he's got AIDS now. Poor sap.

Rocky 4 was just awful.

Rocky 5 was just sad.

I read that Stallone wanted to make the new Rocky because he didn't want Rocky 5 to be the last film in the franchise.. He was upset with how it turned out.

Rocky 4 is absolutely hilarious.

Maybe one of the funniest sports movies I have ever seen.

All unintentional comedy of course.

That was alright, I'm talking about every line from Dolph Lungren and Rocky's training scene.

"DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" from on top of a mountain with the beard he had in Nighthawks.

You cannot top stuff like that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom