Rocking the FUCK out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" brings it hard, as does Zeppelin's "Black Dog" - especially live. The White Stripes' "Ball & Biscuit" should be mentioned as well.

here are 10 'oldies' to listen to.
Before nu-metal raped this sound.

Pantera-Five Minutes Alone
YouTube - Pantera - 5 Minutes Alone

Helmet-Milquetoast
YouTube - Helmet - Milquetoast: MTV Version

Quicksand-Thorn in My Side
YouTube - Quicksand -thorn in my side- -Brown gargantuan- live

Sepultura- Cut Throat
YouTube - Sepultura - Cut-Throat

Ministry- Dead Guy
YouTube - Ministry - Dead Guy

Anthrax-Only
YouTube - Anthrax - Only

Deftones-Head Up
YouTube - Deftones - Headup

Faith no More-Caffeine (live)
YouTube - FAITH NO MORE - CAFFEINE LIVE

Prong-Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck
YouTube - Prong - Snap your fingers, snap your neck

Tool-Intollerance
YouTube - Tool Intolerance

lately i've been reminded of how much that first rancid album really rocked. i don't know whether matt freeman's basslines were faster, but it definitely had something (you know, other than lars frederiksen) that none of the later albums had. not that the others don't rock the fuck out, they just do so a little differently.

motorhead, rose tattoo, ac/dc - that's mainly my rocking out music these days. well, rocking out like you seem to mean. i sing along loudly to the street dogs while driving in my car on a daily basis. and then other times i rock out to sinatra, the fray, and tim mcgraw mixed into my usual punk rock/hardcore.

george thorogood does not rock the fuck out.

Not sure if this is supposed to be 80's and newer, but 70's were my learning years.......

Short clip of early Scorpion's Speedy's Coming when Uli Roth was still a member. "You like Ringo Starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!" Watch out, they've come to rock you like a hurricane :D

YouTube - Scorpions - Speedy`s comin

Posted this once on RR's birthday. It still rocks, as does Wayne's stage shuffle :) MC5

YouTube - MC5 Ramblin' Rose

And of course..... Take it Didi

YouTube - The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop Live in London 1977

:rockon:

Bodies fill the fields I see, hungry heroes end
No one to play soldier now, no one to pretend
Running blind through killing fields, bred to kill them all
Victim of what said should be
A servant `til I fall

Soldier boy, made of clay
Now an empty shell
Twenty one, only son
but he served us well
Bred to kill, not to care
Do just as we say
Finished here, Greeting Death
He's yours to take away

Back to the front
You will do what I say, when I say
Back to the front
You will die when I say, you must die
Back to the front
You coward
You servant
You blindman

Barking of machinegun fire, does nothing to me now
Sounding of the clock that ticks, get used to it somehow
More a man, more stripes you wear, glory seeker trends
Bodies fill the fields I see
The slaughter never ends

Now an empty shell
Twenty one, only son
but he served us well
Do just as we say
He's yours to take away

Back to the front
Back to the front
Back to the front
You coward
You servant
You blindman

Why, Am I dying?
Kill, having no fear
Lie, live off lying
Hell, Hell is here
Why, Am I dying?
Kill, having no fear
Lie, live off lying
Hell, Hell is here

I was born for dyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Life planned out before my birth, nothing could I say
had no chance to see myself, molded day by day
Looking back I realize, nothing have I done
left to die with only friend
Alone I clench my gun

Now an empty shell
Twenty one, only son
but he served us well
Do just as we say
He's yours to take away

Back to the front
Back to the front
Back to the front
You coward
You servant
You blindman

Back to the front
Back to the front
Back to the front
Back to the front
Back to the front

Also, there are the more "falling apart" types of rocking the fuck out, like the Pixies (Surfer Rosa, Dollittle -> Debaser), My Bloody Valentine - Loveless. Jesus and Mary Chain. Husker Du.

Also, standard blues / punk rythm based rocking the fuck out, like the Stones, Jet, Hives, the Clash, Zeppelin, Replacements. And of course - The D.

Turn it up as loud as you possibly can:

Mclusky - Lighsabre Cocksucking Blues - sung by kittens - by Joel Veitch, www.rathergood.com

NSW, if this doesn't make you want to punch somebody in the face, then nothing will. It sounds like I'm being flippant, but I honestly did once punch myself in the face, I got so amped up, by this song.

Others have been punched, as well. Fucking amazing.

Hell to the yes to these posts, specifically the bands in bold. (Edit: HAHA, the whole quote is bold. Forgot about that. Well damn, I agree with pretty much all of the bands quoted anyway, so forget it.)

And OH MY FUCKING GOD I love the fact that someone brought up Mclusky, and in particular Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues. I can't express my love for that band enough. Definitely my favorite new-millenium-rock-the-fuck-out band. The Future of the Left album was really fucking good, too. I'd probably put it below Mclusky Do Dallas but above Mclusky's other albums, or at least on par with The Difference Between Me and You Is That I'm Not On Fire, which is a fucking cracking album as well, albeit a little more experimental/moodier than Do Dallas. Amazing shit, though.

Also, if any of you Mclusky/FOTL fans haven't heard "There Ain't No Fool In Ferguson," despite only being released as a single and on the Greatest Hits/Box Set Mcluskyism, I'd recommend procuring a copy somehow or at least hearing it, since it's easily one of the best Mclusky songs out there with what very well may be my favorite Mclusky chorus ever, which is (spoiler alert) basically just a catchy string of creative obscenities screamed out in succession. Great rock music, though. :rockon:

Turn it up as loud as you possibly can:

Mclusky - Lighsabre Cocksucking Blues - sung by kittens - by Joel Veitch, www.rathergood.com

NSW, if this doesn't make you want to punch somebody in the face, then nothing will. It sounds like I'm being flippant, but I honestly did once punch myself in the face, I got so amped up, by this song.

Others have been punched, as well. Fucking amazing.

It made me want to throw a spin-kick at someone, as it turns out. Subtle difference, but still a similar net result.

Ah yes, good call

though id argue AEnema is the better album. the title track is especially good. Undertow starts out strong but the second half of it bores me a bit

and imo the best Tool album by far is Lateralus. There's no riff-rock quite like Stinkfist, but Parabola is a killer track, and the album overall is just amazing. his scream in The Grudge.... :drool:

10,000 Days is meh. I haven't been able to get into it much.

Ah yes, good call

though id argue AEnema is the better album. the title track is especially good. Undertow starts out strong but the second half of it bores me a bit

and imo the best Tool album by far is Lateralus. There's no riff-rock quite like Stinkfist, but Parabola is a killer track, and the album overall is just amazing. his scream in The Grudge.... :drool:

10,000 Days is meh. I haven't been able to get into it much.

Good summary. I've got a thing for Schism - I can't ever play it just once - I always feel the need to repeat it. :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L7fF1P3qwDE

The first half of 10,000 Days is pretty good, but it's pretty inconsistent overall.

this is me rocking the fuck out:

www.rapid share .com/files/129814233/Consciousness_causes_collapse.html

it's just one track of guitar and it's kinda sloppy

but you get the idea

UNGH

Back
Top Bottom