Rockin the Colonies Tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
> the alarm - rock the colonies tour
Posted on July 3, 2008 by drivebymedia
The Alarm are heading out on a US tour this summer with The Fixx and the English Beat.it is called The Rock the Colonies Tour.

July 2008
10 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
11 - Atlantic City, NJ - House of Blues
12 - Portsmouth, VA - nTelos Wireless Pavilion
13 - New York, NY - The Fillmore at Irving Plaza
17 - Maryland Heights, MO - Harrah’s VooDoo Lounge
18 - Chicago, IL - The Cubby Bear
19 - Kansas City, MO - Crossroads
20 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
23 - Phoenix, AZ - venue to be announced
24 - Hollywood, CA - The Music Box at the Fonda
25 - Henderson, NV - Sunset Station
26 - Reno, NV - Nuggett
27 - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues
31 - Saratoga, CA - Mountain Winery

August 2008
1 - San Francisco, CA - Fillmore

Websites:MySpace.com - The Alarm - North Wales - Alternative / Acoustic / Rock - www.myspace.com/thealarm & 2008 Mail Sign-Up

I went to opening nite in DC with my concert buddy, Liza. We got there around 6:30pm with only 3 people in front of us so we got dead center in front of the stage and guess what!, NO BARRIERS! I couldn't friggin believe it! I was only inches from them the whole nite and at times I couldn't take video and pics cause they were literally towering over me. And what a blast it was! Major 80s flashbacks for me.. Songs that I had so loved back then but had forgotten until they played the first few notes and I was like woah I loved that song.. OMG... I was in heaven thursday nite. What can I say..

The Alarm came on first a little after 8pm... Mike Peters was in fine form and so happy to be there...They played some new songs from their new album, Guerilla Tactics plus some oldies. They played for about an hour..kinda short but it was pretty great.

Setlist:
Three Sevens Clash
My Town
Fightback
Sixty Eight Guns
Situation Under Control
The Stand
Alarm Calling
Superchannel
Spirit of ‘76
45RPM
Strength

Next The Fixx came on.. I think they came on around 9:30pm or so. I have never seen them live but Cy is such a showman or what.. wow.. Rockin, tight show they put on. I would love to see them again by themselves they were awesome!
Setlist:
Deeper and Deeper
All Is Fair
Are We Ourselves
One Thing Leads To Another
Yesterday, Today
Secret Separation
Driven Out
Everyone Believes In Something
Stand Or Fall
Woman On A Train
Fatal Shore
Red Skies
Saved By Zero

And last but certainly not least.. The English Beat (one of my fav ska bands) came on about 11pm.. Great band, great musicians and tons of fun all of them! They had that crowd in the palms of their hands rocking the club and everyone dancing, sweating their arses off including me... I was dancing for the whole hour and half that they were on. I don't remember the set list but they definitely played tenderness, mirror in the bathroom, save it for later. If I find it I will post it here..
Show ended at 12:30am and woah.. it was so great.. Got home and crashed with only 4 hrs sleep before I had to drag my arse into work the next morning. And it was a torturous 8hrs...:grumpy:

here are my pics:

The Alarm
IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

Ooh does that mean Mike is better now??? He must be, if he's playing gigs again, good to hear. And who's in the Beat these days from the original line up, apart from Dave that is. And I refuse to call them the "English" Beat, there was only one Beat and no imitations allowed :mad:

Back
Top Bottom